NY NY - Sandra Sollie, 38, Macedon, 24 May 1994

PI keeps probing 1994 Sandra Sollie disappearance

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2016/05/22/sandra-sollie-disappearance/83534818/

Many people have forgotten the name: Sandra Sollie.

Richard Ingraham hasn't.

The Henrietta private investigator has spent the past 22 years investigating the disappearance of the then-38-year-old woman — chasing down leads, working with State Police and other investigators and trying to bring closure to family members who have none.

"I pride myself in keeping my word as best I can," Ingraham says of why he continues his work. "I gave my word to the family, to give them hope for closure on this case. I told them I would work on this until it was resolved or until I died."

Search continues for Macedon woman who went missing 22 years ago

http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20160616/search-continues-for-macedon-woman-who-went-missing-22-years-ago

Long before the annual ceremony was started, Richard Ingraham, a private investigator who took on the case in 1996, would hand out fliers about Cervone-Sollie’s disappearance every May 23 at the corner of Route 350 and Route 31 in Macedon.

Ingraham acknowledged that he doesn’t believe Cervone-Sollie or her baby are still alive, but he believes that somebody out there knows where the missing woman’s remains can be found.

Now in his 80s, Ingraham has no plans of giving up the search.

“I definitely think somebody has an answer for us,” the private investigator said. “Sooner or later, something will turn up.”

As the questions remain, Ingraham said that within the past few days, he has come across information that could lead to a potential answer in the case.

“I asked the state police to take some action on it, but I can’t expand on that,” he said. “I don’t want to jeopardize the investigation.”

New search for clues in Sandra Sollie disappearance

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2016/10/24/sandra-sollie-investigation-appears-have-new-life/92678474/

State Police on Monday searched a property in Macedon they believe might be connected to the disappearance of Sandra Sollie, the Macedon woman who mysteriously disappeared in 1994.

The property is on Weidrick Road in Macedon.

"There wasn't anything in particular that led us out here other than this is where she was last seen before she went missing," said Trooper Mark O'Donnell. "We want closure for her family and we want to bring this case to a successful conclusion. When we have a missing person we continue to look for that person until we locate them."

A private investigator who has pursued the case since shortly after the disappearance said State Police have never been allowed to search the property, which was owned by Sollie's ex-husband.

"He sold the property and new people own it," said Richard Ingraham of Henrietta.

O'Donnell said the search Monday did not unearth any new information in the case.

Could this be Sandra?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ver-black-hair-Jun-94&p=13250040#post13250040

Note how she lived in Northern NY somewhat near Niagara Falls where this unidentified body was found. The body was a female who was in a state of decomposition. Not even sure if all her body parts were found. If not then this might explain whether or not they could tell if the UID was pregnant. Also note that the body was of a white woman with dark brown/black hair.

What do you think? Should I send her in as a possible match?

This just sent shivers down my spine. I was wondering "Did the dog end up in the water, too?" right when I started to read your comment. I think it is highly probably the dog you saw belonged to Sandra. :( JMOO

I remember both of these heartbreaking stories and keeping a close eye out for them. I lived not too far away from both of them. I had always wondered what happened to Sandra. I even called in a 911 report to a location where i believed was her dog. But never heard anything about it.

One day I went for a walk to the grocery store ..It was a beautiful day for a walk. And on my way back home .. I had to cross a bridge like I would any other day.. sometimes I would stand on the bridge and just look out over it. I was where the river let out into Lake Ontario and a boat storage and sales was right there. Sometimes I would see deer, big fish, and duck families .. I get amazed at nature. lol

Anyway on this particular day I stopped and was looking out at the water and happened to look down and saw something floating in the water and it looked like a dog. So me being me when it came to injured animals walked back and down around under the bridge. There was a small dock where they put the boats in and out of and right up against the dock floating was a dog and it looked to be a poodle it had no collar and had been in the water for sometime due to the condition.

My first thought was Sandra's dog... I ran home.. took me maybe 5 mins to get home. I called 911.. they said they would send someone. I waited and after an hour went by no one came so I went back to the bridge and looked and the dog was gone. Now I know it didn't float away the water was clam that day and it was stuck against the dock. So I assumed the police came and took it. I gave my name number and address to the 911 operator .. I figured someone would have came and said something to me.. but to this day I never heard a thing. I still wonder was that her dog or no?

And if not who tosses a poodle in the river?

[h=1]23 years since Macedon woman went missing[/h]
Wednesday marks 23 years since Sandra Sollie was last seen.

The 38-year-old Macedon woman, who was seven-months pregnant at the time of her disappearance, was last seen on May 24, 1994 at the former Ames Plaza on Route 31.

However, a report wasn't made to police until June 2, when she missed a rent payment; something her landlord said was unusual. At that time, troopers searched her apartment, and found nothing that would indicate criminal activity or a struggle. With her vehicle in the driveway, the only things that seemed to be missing were Sollie, her dog and purse.

On June 2, troopers secured her apartment and decided to see if she'd return. Three days later, a neighbor contacted police to report she had not come home. At that time, a missing person report was filed.

READ MORE: http://www.whec.com/news/sandra-sollie-disapperance-went-missing-macedon-woman/4493445/

Sandra Sollie, a pregnant 38-year-old from Macedon in Wayne County, went missing in June 1994.

Sollie's landlord contacted police on June 2 when she did not pay her rent on time. Police found Sollie's vehicle in the driveway and her apartment locked. They found no sign of struggle, but noted that her purse and her dog were also missing.

A downstairs neighbor contacted police on June 5, concerned that Sollie had not returned home. A missing person report was filed at that time.

Sollie had last been seen on May 23 in the then Ames Plaza on Route 31 in Macedon. Her credit card was used in Rochester a week later on May 31 by people who found it on Reed Street, but the people who found it had no connection to her disappearance.

solliepng-a9ac5d9bb5309bf0.png

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/2016/09/cold_cases_in_upstate_ny.html

Sandra Sollie Case still on the minds of many over two decades late

Sandra Sollie Case still on the minds of many over two decades later

38-year-old Sandra Sollie vanished in Macedon on May 23, 1994. She was six and a half months pregnant at the time.

Sollie was never found and her case eventually went cold, but some haven't given up the search for answers.

They traced her steps to the Ames Plaza on Route 31 in Macedon, but the trail eventually went cold from there.

State Police had begun investigating,as well as private investigator Richard Ingraham.

Ingraham told us nothing was out of place in her home when it was searched.

He said the windows were left open and the car was in the driveway.

The only thing that raised a red flag, according to Ingrahama, was tension between Sollie and her ex-husband, the father of her unborn child.

Forever Loved: 25 years since Sandy Sollie disappeared
PUBLISHED: WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2019 / The Daily News / by Tina Fredo

It’s this time of year again ...

Only it’s twenty-five years since my good friend, Sandy (Cervone) Sollie has been missing from her home in Macedon on May 23, 1994.
---
Sandy was 38 years old at the time of her disappearance. She was divorced from Ralph Sollie and she was 6 1/2 months pregnant.

It was not normal for her to just disappear. She was so happy about her baby and couldn’t wait for the baby shower. Everything in her home was untouched. Her car was still in the driveway, locked; her doors were locked; even the jewelry Sandy wore was there along with her keys to her house and car.

The only thing missing was her purse, her dog Jessie and Sandy.
---
Her parents passed away not knowing a single thing as to her whereabouts. Her brothers and sister have put Sandy’s name on the back of her parents’ headstone. There is no date. It only says “Daughter - Sandra A. Cervone-Forever loved.”
---
more at the link above

Cold Case: Where is Sandra Sollie?
May 16, 2020

DAiLqsvXoAAhqlW.jpg

Richard Ingraham, a private investigator, has spent more than two decades investigating the case pro-bono. Richard continues to work with the New York State Police.

snip

Richard and his volunteers are reaching out to the public in a plea to help close this case.

You can contact Richard anytime at Email: peye@rochester.rr.com, Web: www.IngrahamInvestigation.com, Telephone: 585-465-8769

28 years since Sandra Sollie's disappearance; investigator still looking for answers​

Link to basic information.

Interview with Richard Ingraham man helping to solve the case.

The name of the little girl who was abducted is not Kelly Poulton, it's Kayleigh Poulton. Just for clarification.

This would really be cool to solve. If anyone knows anything, help.
I know this is an old post, but is there another link for this interview? This one no longer works. Thanks.

I'm a little confused as to why anyone would think Mark David Christie had anything to do with this disappearance. He's been linked to two murders, he was definitely on his way to becoming a SK, but he had no ties to Sollie or for that matter that part of Macedon AFAIK.

Wicked Deeds just released an episode about Sandra's disappearance

Today, we’ll be discussing the case of a woman who, while 7 1/2 months pregnant, vanished after being last seen shopping at a local mall. With very little clues, barely any leads, and the publics focus aimed towards another case of a young girl who went missing the same day, this case would soon go cold. But in 1996 a dogged private investigator would take on the case pro bono, and decades later, he is still pushing for answers.

If you have any information regarding what happened to Sandra Sollie please contact the New York State Police at 585-398-4100 or Richard Ingraham at 585-465-8769.

Sandra Sollie, of Macedon, was last seen at around 2:30 p.m. May 23, 1994, at the Ames Plaza on Route 31 in Macedon. State police said her vehicle was at her home on Route 350 in Macedon, but her dog, a six-year-old black poodle, was missing.

Sollie's wallet was found in bushes off Reed Street in Rochester. Her dog's collar was found in a dumpster in Penfield, police said.

When Sollie went missing, she was seven months pregnant.
State police said that "numerous interviews of various individuals have been conducted over the years with negative results." The case remains unsolved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back