NY NY - Saniyya Dennis, 19, SUNY College Student, Buffalo, 24 Apr 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by WNYer, Apr 28, 2021.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Family of 40 Cal’s Missing Daughter Disputes DA’s Suicide Ruling

According to the NYAN, the family has challenged some of the evidence that has led investigators to believe Dennis killed herself after traveling to Niagara Falls. The family claims they’ve yet to see video footage of Dennis leaving the Buffalo State College campus, and were only shown a photo still. They also say a number of business near Niagara Falls have refused to release their security cameras that may have captured Dennis traveling in the area the night of April 24.

“We made a request for five companies on Old Falls by telephone, email and social media,” said Sherri Jefferson, the executive director of the African American Juvenile Justice Project. “We went to ask for assistance for surveillance videos and no one contacted us to say they had a video. Nothing. I gave a list of the 10 small hotels because I thought, ‘If she’s abducted, then she might be at some of the smaller hotels. That’s where they bring a lot of the girls for sex trafficking.”

A spokesperson for the Erie County District Attorney said authorities are still searching for Dennis, but insist all evidence suggests she died by suicide.

“The New York State Park Police continue to conduct physical patrols searches in the area twice a day, “ the spokesperson said. “Also, they are also conducting aerial searches as the weather permits.”

StarEyes, dcfi224, Miigo and 6 others like this.

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

misgrn, mlhenn, Flicka1 and 5 others like this.
  3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/family-of-saniyya-dennis-believes-shes-still-out-there

Her family, from the Bronx gathered to celebrate Saniyya Dennis’ 20th birthday Monday.

“As her mother, I would like to have a better understanding of what happened,” said Latisha Dennis, Saniyya’s mother.

Her family says since no body has been discovered, Saniyya is still a missing person.

“I know she’s out there somewhere. I want to wish her a Happy 20th Birthday,” said her mom.

dcfi224, misgrn, jash and 5 others like this.
  4. lindamichelle1

lindamichelle1 Well-Known Member

DA Says Missing College Student Died by Suicide at Niagara Falls After Break Up

DA Says Missing College Student Died by Suicide at Niagara Falls After Break Up

A New York college student missing for nearly two weeks is now believed to have killed herself at Niagara Falls after her boyfriend broke up with her, police said. Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said investigators followed a digital trail to determine that SUNY Buffalo State College student Saniyya Dennis was distraught and talking about suicide before she left her dorm and took two buses to the falls. “It appears that this poor girl took her own life,” Flynn said. K-9 dogs found her scent in the park there, and she also took a Snapchat selfie with the falls in the background. Flynn said she told a friend she was going to jump off a bridge, but no body has been found. “Without a body, without an autopsy being done, we’re never going to definitively know,” he said, according to The Buffalo News. “All I can do is present you with what I have and what I presented... everything that I had... to her parents.”

Flicka1, renee_ellis and misgrn like this.