NY NY - Sayville, Wht/HispFem 25-39, UP11852, nude in dumpster, poss Joel Rifkin victim, Mar'92

madamx

Reaction score
Unidentified Person Case (namus.gov)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP11852
Female, Multiple
Date Body Found March 8, 1992
Location Found Sayville, New York
Estimated Age Range 25-39 Years

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number1992-0798

Demographics
Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino

Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years) 25-39
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI Hours
Height 4' 11"(59 inches) , Measured
Weight 93 lbs, Measured

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found March 8, 1992
NamUs Case Created December 6, 2013
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Sayville, New York
County Suffolk County

Circumstances of Recovery
Nude body found in dumpster near railroad station

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Physical Description

Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description 15" in length, curly

Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown

png
She’s a possible Joel Rifkin victim. The Suffolk County news. (Sayville, N.Y.) 1888-current, July 08, 1993, Page 3, Image 3
T
here is a sketch of her in the article.

The age is a bit off but could be Leona Rodriguez

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There's almost no information about Leona and I couldn't find anything from a google search but she went missing from New York City in August of 1991. Her height is also listed as 5'0 (which matches the 4'11 listed for the UID) and her weight is 115 but depending on her circumstances she easily could have lost 20 pounds over that time frame. The list her hair as auburn/red vs black for UID but again it could have been dyed red and faded by March or she could have died it black in that timeframe.

If she was a Rifkin victim, it could fit that she was working as a prostitute in NYC and Rifkin picked her up and took her to Long Island. That was his MO. Or she took the train out to Sayville and met him/someone else with bad intentions?

Again the biggest discrepancy with the information provided is the age since this UID was thought to be 25-40 and Leona was 16 when she went missing. But Leona could appear older than she was. Also the 4'11/93 lbs makes me think she could have been younger than they thought.

The age is a bit off but could be Leona Rodriguez

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There's almost no information about Leona and I couldn't find anything from a google search but she went missing from New York City in August of 1991. Her height is also listed as 5'0 (which matches the 4'11 listed for the UID) and her weight is 115 but depending on her circumstances she easily could have lost 20 pounds over that time frame. The list her hair as auburn/red vs black for UID but again it could have been dyed red and faded by March or she could have died it black in that timeframe.

If she was a Rifkin victim, it could fit that she was working as a prostitute in NYC and Rifkin picked her up and took her to Long Island. That was his MO. Or she took the train out to Sayville and met him/someone else with bad intentions?

Again the biggest discrepancy with the information provided is the age since this UID was thought to be 25-40 and Leona was 16 when she went missing. But Leona could appear older than she was. Also the 4'11/93 lbs makes me think she could have been younger than they thought.

They usually base the age estimate of remains on many factors including growth plates in the long bones, condition of the teeth, wear and tear on the joints, smoothing of the sutures in the skull, evidence of arthritis in the hips and lower back as well as elsewhere, and so on. Appearance is usually not a factor. While they can be way off, they're usually in the ballpark. The skeleton of a mature adult isn't usually very similar to that of a teenager (though the difference between a 25-year-0ld woman and a 40-year-old woman can be pretty small).

omg wow did not know that. Thank You for posting this!!!.... funny I have been on a Joel Rifkin kick obsessing over the Newton Creek Jane doe on the oil drum. I don’t know why there was no photo especially since it says recognizable face.
Other than his claims, is there any evidence to confirm the decedent in the oil drum was one of his victims?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suzanne M1a
Back