NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JM said 'he was well endowed" which one who knows
LOL JM gets so many men and some single woman on the VIEW says why can't I? LOL

I wonder who sewed Tillie's cute outfit?

Regarding the escapees' access to tools, there was, according to DA Wiley in an interview this AM with CNN, construction going on in the block where Matt and Sweat were housed. The escapees accessed these tools when they left their cells and entered the "underground" (my word) areas of the prison during the nights (from their secret cell exit holes). In other words, the tools were not laying around in accessible areas; they were inside the infrastructure area of the prison, where contractors routinely left construction tools.

If this Lawyer is smart he would continue with Tillie talking and go with a "groomed" Defense

I'm not falling for it nor her poor poor pitiful Tillie:violin: hang your head down low appearances.:puke:

Are both of these guys in good health? Anyone know? Does either/both have any (chronic) health issues that would require medication/treatment?

I've read that one of the dynamic duo (Sweat, IIRC) takes pain medication for a back problem. Comments have been made about how difficult it would be for him to traverse rough terrain on foot without his usual pain meds.

Are both of these guys in good health? Anyone know? Does either/both have any (chronic) health issues that would require medication/treatment?

All I have heard is one of them has chronic pain and did take meds for it. I don't recall which one. If true though, I wouldn't want to be without my pain meds! But if he was smart enough to pull off this escape, I suspect he was able to source and stash a supply of meds for his journey.

I can't believe these guys are still on the run, this is frightening. How much longer before something bad happens?

It's my opinion that as long as it's thought they are in the state then the state police have the lead. It's my opinion they are outside of NY. And I hope they are so the NY state police lose the lead. jmo idk

"Capturing these killers and returning them to state custody remains our top priority -- however, it's critically important to examine the circumstances that enabled these inmates to escape in the first place," Cuomo said today in a statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ny-prison-escape-gov-cuomo-orders-probe-capturing/story?id=31772318

bbm, ? Seriously isn't there time for that later, and it is evident to me how this happened.

Perhaps Cuomo ought to have a conversation with his DOC administration in Albany, denying Clinton CF the lock down and cell searches they asked for, a month or so ago, after 40+ inmates created bedlam.

Oh. Right. :thinking: DOC in Albany had orders from Cuomo, no unnecessary monies going to DOC around the state, as NYS can't afford it. Including overtime. Ordering lock downs, doing cell facility wide searches are out of the question.

How's that working out for you, Gov. Cuomo?

Seems to me he's in CHA mode. <modsnip>.

Kinda think they may need to acknowledge that are bye bye and move on to more internationial methods! They has been no violence, further pointing to them enjoying coctails somewhere far away. People do escape.........................for years..........................

Regarding the escapees' access to tools, there was, according to DA Wiley in an interview this AM with CNN, construction going on in the block where Matt and Sweat were housed. The escapees accessed these tools when they left their cells and entered the "underground" (my word) areas of the prison during the nights (from their secret cell exit holes). In other words, the tools were not laying around in accessible areas; they were inside the infrastructure area of the prison, where contractors routinely left construction tools.

Right, but how did they cut out the walls of their cells and whatever other walls to get to those tools in the first place? That's where it doesn't add up for me.

It amazes me that tilly was able to get the supples in that she did. She was not being checked by security that is for sure. I mean she should have been going though pat downs everyday she entered that prison, and her purse searched.

Perhaps Cuomo ought to have a conversation with his DOC administration in Albany, denying Clinton CF the lock down and cell searches they asked for, a month or so ago, after 40+ inmates created bedlam.

Oh. Right. :thinking: DOC in Albany had orders from Cuomo, no unnecessary monies going to DOC around the state, as NYS can't afford it. Including overtime. Ordering lock downs, doing cell facility wide searches are out of the question.

How's that working out for you, Gov. Cuomo?

Seems to me he's in CHA mode. <modsnip>.

Going on lockdown is a huge hassle! ANd I was in a 50 inmate facility- cant imagine in a big one -- its like slowing down a machine -first we had to decide it was needed. Then that desision had to be passed around to folks on the floor. Then everyone had to be, in groups redirected back to thier sections. It requres organization, and is labor intsensive. But there are needs, food , shower,meds,medical that have to happen.

Its very unsetttling to both staff and inmates. INmates escalate, draining more staff, just a mess .........................................
And then magement tries to undo the overtime schudules get messed up for some time afterwards. Then there is anger between inmates in terms of "whom" reulsted in the lockdown, so that can simmer. Then there are lots of reports of "retailation" plans, which increases staffing problems longer.

It sounds easy just lock everyone up- but is a machine, getting everyone back from where they were when the lockdown starts requires orchestrating, inmates, staff, control room, communication between staff, dietary, etc etc Its not like a switch on or off, its more like preparing for a landing from cruise altitude!!!!

And then the machine has to get back up and rolling again, its a labor intensive, tense, time. Its far more complicated than it sounds. INmate X has to go see a doctor - but staff is short, medical emergency, a take down, who is in seclusion, what time in the shift is it, how is the next shift already set to be staffed, who called in, there is a whole bunch of luandry going, a whole unit needs shower time, all lthe guys in the yard have to get lined up counted, transported back,accounted for, whose going into overtime, who cant come in extra, who has already worked a double a really needs to go, there is much to it!!

Its not like thro everyone in their cell for 36 hours!

Right, but how did they cut out the walls of their cells and whatever other walls to get to those tools in the first place? That's where it doesn't add up for me.

I suppose that may have been what the blades provided by Mitchell on May 1st accomplished(?). Though I have to think that - even as motivated as those two likely were - manually cutting 3/8" steel would be quite a chore. Motivation & adrenalin are pretty powerful though, no?

The communication about the escape is so strange. There doesn't seem to be any coordinated comms effort. Cuomo occasionally blurts something out to the media. The DA Wiley seems to speak one-off to various reporters on an ad hoc basis. The prison says nothing (they're too busy doing CYA and being shamed, IMO), nor does the NYSP.

So it seems like most info is from unauthorized sources talking to various reporters, or from the DA when he runs into a reporter and chats. It's all so strange to me. And the whole "they were going to kill the husband" thing is still unconfirmed, and NOT mentioned by the DA as far as I can tell. And that's a very significant data point. So where is this stuff coming from? Sources like the NY Post don't carry a lot of credibility in my book.

Doesn't it seem weird that there's no official communication effort? Why is the DA chatting to reporters? I hope their search is more coordinated and comprehensive than their comms.

ETA: I just saw Wylie interviewed by Carol Costello on CNN. He said there are no other future/pending arrests scheduled at this time. He would not comment about how many people are suspected to be involved in the escape. He had no comment about a "plan to kill her husband." They are "open to speak with" Lyle Mitchell about his involvement/knowledge. Joyce said she had spoken to him prior to her arrest of her involvement.

Re BBM

JMO

I agree that things seem very disorganized. I think the earlier post of the article about interturmoil amongst juridictions and in-fighting maybe true.

My guess is they havent had this kind of national event in a very long time and so the officials from the county, state, prison, governernor, etc are all freaking out and nobody knows exactly what to do or how to handle the media.

I do think the actual searchers are doing a great job but i think the officials who are coordinating it may be over their heads how to handle the multiple juridictions.

Which could explain why the prisoners have not been caught yet. I think the beuracracy is the problem and not the lower level manpower on the ground.

This does not sound good to me. Someone needs to take control and start giving orders of everyone.

They need to just lock tilly up and forget about her and go find the convicts. Put all efforts into finding them. Tilly can wait behind bars.

I'm having a hard time with this too. If that is how they got to the power tools - used ones already in the prison and returned them each night - how did they make the initial cutouts in their cell walls? It's not adding up for me.

And further, why haven't we heard if whoever was responsible for locking up those tools each night has been fired, or questioned, or arrested for aiding?

My SIL has worked in a prison. Sometimes they would leave there equipment there but it was behind 2 caged gates with pad locks, then tools was placed in a locked room down a hallway. He said there are caged gates everywhere even behind the walls-all having pad locks.

Idk about in this prison. So if it was in a locked room-who had the key?

I'm not falling for it nor her poor poor pitiful Tillie:violin: hang your head down low appearances.:puke:

Yeah. Me neither.

Poor Tillie who didnt think twice about murdering her husband and putting the entire NE part of NY on edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard