GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

James W. White, 39, and Justin C. Mann, 25, are set to go on trial on April 29 in Rensselaer County Court.

White and Mann, both from Schenectady, face nine counts of first-degree murder, four counts of second-degree murder, one count of burglary, one count of robbery and two counts of criminal possession of stolen property.

The indictment accuses White and Mann of stealing an Xbox video game system and flat screen television from the apartment. Eight of the first-degree murder counts are related to the robbery and burglary charges.

Men accused of quadruple killing in Troy facing trial in April

A Judge appointed Kurt Haas of Albany to represent James White. Haas is the third attorney named to represent White.

White’s co-defendant, Justin Mann, also received a new attorney at the end of July. Mann asked for new counsel as he considers withdrawing his April guilty plea in the case. Mann, 25, pleaded guilty to four counts of second-degree murder for the deaths of Brandi Mells, 22; Shanta Myers, 36; and Myers' two children: Jeremiah Myers, 11; and Shanise Myers, 5. Mann was to testify against White, 39, as part of a plea deal in which he was to be sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

Troy quadruple homicide trial postponed

Thinking about this little family as we move back into the Christmas season. I am so very sorry, and it just makes me question the world and my beliefs every time I remember. What on Earth made this acceptable to these two "men"? Where do people go in their minds, that what they want in the moment is worth more than another person's life? Let alone the lives of two small children?

Another year, and I still think of them with tears. A little family, where two parents were just trying to make the best of things for their kids. Toxic something that made two men think it was acceptable to not just take from, but destroy, the women and children in their path.

I am praying that love overcomes hate in a thousand different ways this season, in the names of Shanise, Jeremiah, Shanta, and Brandi. Rest in peace and love.

Trial delayed for man accused of quadruple homicide

The trial for a man accused of a quadruple homicide in the city of Troy has been delayed until early November.

James White stands accused of killing four people inside a Lansingburgh home in December 2017. His case has already gone to court once.

In spring 2020, a jury deliberated for more than 16 hours before a mistrial was declared, partially due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Justin Mann was also accused in the killings. He pleaded guilty and testified against White in the 2020 trial.

James White, the Schenectady man in the 2017 slaying of four people in Troy, was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back