NY NY - Sharon Shechter, 35, Perinton, 9 Dec 2001

http://www.mpnnow.com/towns/chili/x2121667873/A-plea-for-help-in-finding-missing-children

Posted Aug 01, 2009 @ 01:03 PM

A plea for help in finding missing children

...Dawn Drexel’s daughter Brittanee, 17, went missing Saturday, April 25, from a Myrtle Beach, S.C., hotel. Barbara Sullivan’s son Brian went missing two years ago July 8 after he was last seen at the Burger King in Gates. Sandra Poole’s daughter Sharon Ann Shechter went missing Dec. 9, 2001, and was last seen on Nettlecreek Road, Perinton.

All three moms attended a fundraiser for the Rochester office of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children today at the Walmart in Gates.

Bumping this case.

Soon it will be 10 years since Sharon disappeared.

How sad! Another mother, in the middle of a divorce, gone missing - STBX has the kids, and her case is cold. :cry:

Hi everyone... I am knew to this but I have been lurking for a bit. Kind of addicted actually. Anyway, I was looking through databases and there is something about this womans lips and facial structure that make me think she might be Sharon: http://doenetwork.org/cases/324ufla.html

Is it possible she may have just said "screw it all" and headed South?

Hi everyone... I am knew to this but I have been lurking for a bit. Kind of addicted actually. Anyway, I was looking through databases and there is something about this womans lips and facial structure that make me think she might be Sharon: http://doenetwork.org/cases/324ufla.html

Is it possible she may have just said "screw it all" and headed South?

I don't think it's her and here is why:
"temporary dentures on top four front teeth. "(Sharon)
"The top right incisor tooth was decayed and her two left front teeth showed signs of decay" (Jane Doe).

I don't think it's her and here is why:
"temporary dentures on top four front teeth. "(Sharon)
"The top right incisor tooth was decayed and her two left front teeth showed signs of decay" (Jane Doe).
That's exactly why I think it might be her. Initially, I wouldn't think Sharon would have such bad teeth but temps fall off..Trust me from experience and underneath is a mess.

Don't mean to argue this per se, but when I saw the jane doe I got chills.

That's exactly why I think it might be her. Initially, I wouldn't think Sharon would have such bad teeth but temps fall off..Trust me from experience and underneath is a mess.

Don't mean to argue this per se, but when I saw the jane doe I got chills.

Oh- ok. I thought it meant that those particular teeth are not present. So- in that case- you may be right. You should submit it. You can email or call. There is no harm in submitting it. BTW- I agree they do look a lot alike. Keep us updated if you submit it.

Oh- ok. I thought it meant that those particular teeth are not present. So- in that case- you may be right. You should submit it. You can email or call. There is no harm in submitting it. BTW- I agree they do look a lot alike. Keep us updated if you submit it.

I emailed the contact at namUs and asked for a confirmation response. If i don't hear back by nect week, I will make some calls.
Looking at the teeth info again, I see some discrepancy but having lived in New Orleans I also know that they--LE, coronors office etc---are notorious for filing mistakes. Definitely worth a shot!

I;m curious, forgive me if this has been mentioned already...Does anyone know if Sharon was depressed?

I received this in an email from NamUs today:"Thank you for this submission. If this proposed match has not yet been looked into then I will make sure it is.

Sincerely,

Lori

Lori Bruski
Regional Systems Administrator
National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Web: www.NamUs.gov
NamUs @ UNT Health Science Center
3400 Camp Bowie Boulevard, 6th Floor
Fort Worth, TX 76107
ORI: TX220035Y
Phone: 817-718-7904
Fax: 817-735-0251
Email: Lori.Bruski@unthsc.edu
Web: www.untfsu.com"

I received this in an email from NamUs today:"Thank you for this submission. If this proposed match has not yet been looked into then I will make sure it is.

Sincerely,

Lori

Lori Bruski

Web: www.NamUs.gov
NamUs @ UNT Health Science Center
3400 Camp Bowie Boulevard, 6th Floor
Fort Worth, TX 76107
ORI: TX220035Y
Phone: 817-718-7904
Fax: 817-735-0251
Email: Lori.Bruski@unthsc.edu
Web: www.untfsu.com"

Has there been any notice or does it take longer than I would expect? Crossing my fingers for Sharon & her family.

Has there been any notice or does it take longer than I would expect? Crossing my fingers for Sharon & her family.

How funny that you just posted this! I have been so wrapped up in another thread, I just now remembered this. I am going to find the email and write back for an update. I will post the update as soon as I receive it.

I recieved this today in response to my request for an update:
I have not heard back from the investigators their ruling but both cases do have DNA on file that would have hit by now if they were one and the same so I don’t believe this is her.

Lori Bruski

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back