NY - Sherlin Camacho, 2 mos, dies w/ multiple injuries, Bronx, 10 Jan 2017

Too many people that "might" hurt this baby live in that apartment.

If mom worked retail, she probably had day and evening schedules. Dad, as a pizza delivery person, more than likely worked evening/night shift.

So, why did babysitter live with them? Was her room a trade off for payment? Was she there to watch Manuel JR when either parent was home for the safety of the new baby? And then when both parents were at work, she was already there?

Remember, this baby is only 2-3 months old. She has lived a horrific life already. With two other adults living in that apartment, I can't imagine the father being that abusive. It sounds like the brother is a monster, a child with terrible problems who has not received the help he needs. For him to respond as he did when police gave him a doll, he is out of control!

My opinions only.

For some reason, I am suspicious of the baby sitter too.

Nails ripped off? Oh my god. :((((((

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I've never heard of that happening to a baby. Why would the father not notice something was wrong with her? Wouldn't the nails be bleeding? Something is very wrong here. :( Poor, poor baby. :(

If mom worked retail, she probably had day and evening schedules. Dad, as a pizza delivery person, more than likely worked evening/night shift.

So, why did babysitter live with them? Was her room a trade off for payment? Was she there to watch Manuel JR when either parent was home for the safety of the new baby? And then when both parents were at work, she was already there?

Remember, this baby is only 2-3 months old. She has lived a horrific life already. With two other adults living in that apartment, I can't imagine the father being that abusive. It sounds like the brother is a monster, a child with terrible problems who has not received the help he needs. For him to respond as he did when police gave him a doll, he is out of control!

My opinions only.

His response when LE gave him the doll makes me wonder what he may have suffered or witnessed at the hands of the same perpetrator. Hopefully LE will look into this further.

My opinions only.
Very insightful. Great post. Ty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

His response when LE gave him the doll makes me wonder what he may have suffered or witnessed at the hands of the same perpetrator. Hopefully LE will look into this further.
Yes! This exactly. I don't think this child is the abuser. And, (this is a BIG and) even if he was, the adults are STILL the responsible party. But I'm betting this kid isn't the abuser.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Her tongue was torn and nails ripped off, on top of the other injuries!!!! How could the parents not notice that the baby was missing it's toenails and fingernails? How could they not see a torn tongue?? It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to notice those things.
This case makes me sick to my stomach. That poor baby . Three adults in the house and nobody thought that a torn tongue and missing nails was a big deal?! Smh.... If I would've noticed my baby was missing nails or had a torn tongue I certainly would have called a doctor immediately and searched for the cause of the injuries! Unless of course they knew exactly how the baby got injured and where evil enough not to care.

I don't even know how you would rip nails that small off?! It's hard enough to trim them.

Just get some worse. "The baby’s mother, Katherine Yeslin Rodriguez, 23, also denied ever hurting the child, and admitted that the dad would burp the baby roughly. She also said he would use a mucus suction pump on the baby too aggressively, sources said.

She also disclosed that her husband – who has a prior August arrest on his record for choking Rodriguez – often screamed at the infant, sources said.

One downstairs neighbor told police that every night for the past few months, she would hear a woman screaming at the kids for hours on end."
http://nypost.com/2017/01/11/brother-of-injured-baby-says-she-made-him-angry/
So who was screaming hours on end at the kids? The mom or the nabysitter?
And the "father" was arrested for choking the mom. Oh great (insert sarcasm). Oh and the baby had a partial obstructed airway...wonder why??

There's shades of what happened to little Liam Fee to this story. I fail to see how a child could have been responsible. For the injuries caused to go undetected by every one of the adults in the home... nope, not having it.

They're all blaming each other. There is no way that anyone could look at that baby and not know something was terribly wrong with all those injuries. This is infuriating.

How sad. She was beautiful! I couldn't help but notice her forehead in that picture in the Post. It looks like she has some bruising. I'll never understand these cases, where no one knows nothin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://nypost.com/2017/01/16/abused-infant-dies-from-injuries/

And now that poor little angel is dead. Whoever did this should have their fingernails and toenails torn off; yes, I know that torture is illegal, but I think it would be appropriate punishment, for starters.
I didn't realize until I read the New York Post article that the baby had her fingernails, toenails torn off. Unbelievable. And she's got several bruises on her tiny forehead. What agony she must've been in...

I didn't realize until I read the New York Post article that the baby had her fingernails, toenails torn off. Unbelievable. And she's got several bruises on her tiny forehead. What agony she must've been in...

Gaaaaaasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:( And thinking that, if the person who did this to her did so because they were irritated by her crying, the more she hurt the louder she cried and screamed.... Must've been an ongoing cycle that ended in her death, poor baby.

After reading about all of the injuries, I agree that the 5-year-old didn't cause them--or, at least, not all of them. A 5-year-old doesn't have the fine motor coordination to rip out an infant's tiny nails. Not even an adult would be able to do that without using a tool.

Someone at that home knows something they're not telling LE. Is the babysitter still living at the residence? IMO, 2 people are withholding info because they're afraid of the perp and I'm just scratching my head wondering what remaining threat would he/she pose if locked up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back