NY NY - East Islip, WhtFem 15-23, UP11774, in shallow grave, ring w/ D.E.C, clog shoe, belt, Apr'78

Rosemary Calandriello and Sylvia Lwowski.

Unidentified Person Case

Is this location anywhere near where the woman with the pig necklace was found?
Thank you carbuff
Oh wow only 2 ruleouts. I would of thought Denise Sheehy would of been on the list for some reason.

No the Pig Necklace Lady and the Muttontown one are closer both in Nassau County and NorthShore of Long Island.
This woman was in Heckscher State Park Its in East Islip which is Suffolk County and in the South Shore . I put the map maybe that might help better. Google Maps

Is the area near where this UID was found known for attracting drug addicts, or transients?

I wouldn't say that the area was known for either of these things however there were a number of abductions/missing persons (all but Cynthia Constantine were recovered) in the area leading up to when the Jane Doe was discovered.

I have been up to this location many times out of curiosity. Heckscher State Park juts out in to the Great South Bay and at the time there were State Troopers stationed at the entrance to the park. Whoever dumped the Jane Doe knew the area well. He was most likely a local. There are a number of access points to the park besides the main entrance. One of which, the closest to where she was buried is within sight of the SCPD Marina. There is also a public marina at this location so any activity regardless of time would not be suspicious. Coincidentally enough there was another body recovered a decade later just yards away from the Jane Doe's grave. This woman was also strangled.

I wouldn't say that the area was known for either of these things however there were a number of abductions/missing persons (all but Cynthia Constantine were recovered) in the area leading up to when the Jane Doe was discovered.

I have been up to this location many times out of curiosity. Heckscher State Park juts out in to the Great South Bay and at the time there were State Troopers stationed at the entrance to the park. Whoever dumped the Jane Doe knew the area well. He was most likely a local. There are a number of access points to the park besides the main entrance. One of which, the closest to where she was buried is within sight of the SCPD Marina. There is also a public marina at this location so any activity regardless of time would not be suspicious. Coincidentally enough there was another body recovered a decade later just yards away from the Jane Doe's grave. This woman was also strangled.

Oh wow interesting! Great info. I never heard about the other body! Was it ever identified?

Yes. Her name was Patricia Costello. She was a 26 year old topless dancer from Brentwood. She was found at 6pm on June 1st 1986 by a horseback rider from the former Timberpoint Academy.

Oh wow thank you for the info. I never knew that! I wonder if it's the same killer.

Oh wow thank you for the info. I never knew that! I wonder if it's the same killer.
Even if this Jane doe isn’t Cynthia Constantine, she could be a victim of this supposed serial killer. Their are a few theories on her case right now:

1. ) she was in snatched by the business man suspected in her case and murdered

2.) she was kidnapped by the strange man riding in his white van in that area. Some kids stated they saw this man around the time of Cynthia’s kidnapping

3.) her father was responsible for her disappearance. The detective who worked on her case stated that he believed Cynthia’s father was involved in her disappearance. About a year after she vanished her father put a new cement floor on the basement. They suspect that she’s buried down there

4.) She ranaway

Long shot but I figured I would share it here.

Rodney Alcala was in NYC during 1971 and 1977. Alcala is known to have traveled outside of the city for his "photo shoots". Alcala is also known to have strangled some of his victims. Like I wrote, it's a long shot but it might be something to look into.

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Well healed fracture of right clavicle (collar bone) with resultant deformation. Bony lesion on the left fist rib.

I just wanted to comment on this detail since it stood out me. I’m not sure it will help in the search for her identity, but it will at least give way to additional options/theories.

If, god forbid, I were to be found as a Jane Doe, I may have a similar description on my profile. I was born with bilateral cervical ribs. They’re extra ribs located near the clavicle, above the normal 1st rib. Long story short, I ended up suffering from thoracic outlet syndrome caused by the extra ribs. I required surgery to remove one of the ribs, which led to them having to take a portion of my normal first rib also.

Both the cervical ribs themselves and TOS are rare and it was nearly impossible for me to find a surgeon who’d even heard of such things. And I figure the most he’d ever done was read about it in a text book years ago because he only made my problems worse and caused unnecessary fractures and abnormalities to my clavicle and first rib. Not to mention a number of other complications.

If these things are almost unheard of today, I’m sure they were even less so back in 1978. Point being, there’s a slim chance that what is described with this UID is a result of something other than your typical trauma (domestic abuse, car accident, etc.). My case is not common or typical, but X-rays of my torso would yield similar, if not exact, results to this UID’s. Just food for thought.

ETA: Other than complaining about pain a lot, no one would be aware that I had either. I would have likely remained asymptomatic had I not aggregated the TOS with strenuous activity. Someone reporting me missing, even now, might not think to mention any of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back