NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - Regarding getting the word or videos (I was able to view) out onto the internet and to sites other than Websleuths, like the Charlie Project, I would be very cautious to ensure that all information is supported by the facts and is verifiable. -Perhaps, run it by an insider for accuracy. -Run it by those who broadcast the radio show.

There is a saying - ‘Public Relations (PR) is Journalism's evil twin’. Surely, misinformation will not help Sylvia's cause. -And despite all the good intentions in raising awareness if it doesn't ring true, it could very well have the opposite effect.

I sincerely hope we will be able to persuade someone who knows something, anything, to come forward and help Sylvia’s family and friends because all the effort rings true.

That's one. But there are two more in the quotes. It should say "C's car" instead of what it says now. Right?

Oh, I see - I think it is fine because you are quoting the Charlie Project. -And we are trying to verify their information (direct quote)? IMO -You are not naming and sleuthing the BF/F. --But maybe a MOD could weigh in, too....

GBMG -Unless I need new glasses, I only see one name on your post #98, and that name is listed right on the Charlie Project website as the contact name....

That's one. But there are two more in the quotes. It should say "C's car" instead of what it says now. Right?

Woops! Quoting us both so I can correct myself here, Rose. I didn't realize that Bessie came in and snipped me, as I requested. Maybe they were gone btt you looked. IAC, no names now.

Oh, I see - I think it is fine because you are quoting the Charlie Project. -And we are trying to verify their information (direct quote)? IMO -You are not naming and sleuthing the BF/F. --But maybe a MOD could weigh in, too....

I feel better not being responsible for pulling a google search of him to this site, since so much of our information is speculative. It's not a comment on what I think his role was. More of a safe play, a presumption of innocence in the legal sense.

Hi, Steely. Nothing plays for me. But I will watch it if you can you get it running.

IMO - Regarding getting the word or videos (I was able to view) out onto the internet and to sites other than Websleuths, like the Charlie Project, I would be very cautious to ensure that all information is supported by the facts and is verifiable. -Perhaps, run it by an insider for accuracy. -Run it by those who broadcast the radio show.

There is a saying - ‘Public Relations (PR) is Journalism's evil twin’. Surely, misinformation will not help Sylvia's cause. -And despite all the good intentions in raising awareness if it doesn't ring true, it could very well have the opposite effect.

I sincerely hope we will be able to persuade someone who knows something, anything, to come forward and help Sylvia’s family and friends because all the effort rings true.

BBM

I found mistakes on my video myself. I edited it and reposted it to Youtube. Here it is.

Sylvia Alice Lwowski - Missing since September 6, 1975 No sound - YouTube

I also just emailed the link to Tricia to see if her brother could view it and give feedback on it. I took the information directly from his interview with Tricia.

I'm not very schooled in this case. I only know what her brother said on Tricia's show. I made a video based on his interview. Can people who have more knowledge about this check it for mistakes please. Thanks.

Missing Person - Sylvia Alice Lwowski - YouTube

I am curious about something on your youtube (and thank you for doing it-I'm sure it took a while to do!). How did you come up with a 3 mile radius, with 5 hours worth of time to take Sylvia somewhere and then get back? Are you assuming the couple actually made it to the movie? What if they didn't, and were no place near the K-Mart shopping center on Richmond Ave, or if there was some assistance involved? That could make the radius considerably larger, couldn't it?

I am curious about something on your youtube (and thank you for doing it-I'm sure it took a while to do!). How did you come up with a 3 mile radius, with 5 hours worth of time to take Sylvia somewhere and then get back? Are you assuming the couple actually made it to the movie? What if they didn't, and were no place near the K-Mart shopping center on Richmond Ave, or if there was some assistance involved? That could make the radius considerably larger, couldn't it?

If you listen to Tricia's entire show for that week. She also had a person who knew a lot about doing searches. She's the one who said that her experience would lead her to believe the body was within a three mile(Maybe she said 30) radius. I hope I'm remembering that right.

If you listen to Tricia's entire show for that week. She also had a person who knew a lot about doing searches. She's the one who said that her experience would lead her to believe the body was within a three mile(Maybe she said 30) radius. I hope I'm remembering that right.

I missed that-i will have to go back and listen (if I can...)-thanks!

I believe she said three hour radius when she thought the total time was six hours (4:30-10:30). The brother corrected the Cold Case Research Institute guest who made the comment to five hours (5:30-10:30), so presumably she would change that to 2-1/2 hour radius. What you are doing is difficult. I would recommend you don't go by memory and hope you're right, but check facts and take notes as you listen to the actual broadcast. JMO.

Check NamUs #7574

Thanks. It was a brown hand bag and brown shoes. I read the other info on there and I am wondering if you know what it means by: "fingerprints" - available elsewhere. Do the police have her fingerprints? If so how did they obtain them and when?

I believe she said three hour radius when she thought the total time was six hours (4:30-10:30). The brother corrected the Cold Case Research Institute guest who made the comment to five hours (5:30-10:30), so presumably she would change that to 2-1/2 hour radius. What you are doing is difficult. I would recommend you don't go by memory and hope you're right, but check facts and take notes as you listen to the actual broadcast. JMO.

I did take notes, I just made a mistake on that. That's why asked people to double check me. I fixed it, but I can't upload the new video. I contacted Google about it.

Would it be wrong of me to wonder if the purse remained in the car with the glasses and possibly the engagement ring when Sylvia left the car?

BBM: That would be a red flag, wouldn't it. You raise an interesting Q, JMoose: The purse in also on the PR, but then, so is the ring. (ETA: Of course, though, him having the ring is hearsay, right? unverified?)

That said, if the BF/F mentioned the glasses, why wouldn't he have also mentioned the purse -- as in "she threw her purse and glasses in the car"? I can see him not mentioning the ring if she gave it back to him after possibly ending the relationship/engagement, but if he saw the need to explain having her glasses, I would also think he'd have seen the need to explain having her purse.

Are you suggesting something else? something I am missing? What prompted your question?

BBM: That would be a red flag, wouldn't it. You raise an interesting Q, JMoose: The purse in also on the PR, but then, so is the ring. (ETA: Of course, though, him having the ring is hearsay, right? unverified?)

That said, if the BF/F mentioned the glasses, why wouldn't he have also mentioned the purse -- as in "she threw her purse and glasses in the car"? I can see him not mentioning the ring if she gave it back to him after possibly ending the relationship/engagement, but if he saw the need to explain having her glasses, I would also think he'd have seen the need to explain having her purse.

Are you suggesting something else? something I am missing? What prompted your question?

I guess I am just pulling a string that Skeet started. There is no answer to my question, so maybe I am just being contrary, but it just seemed to me that BF/F said that she left the glasses in the car, there is the hearsay statement that he got the ring back, and it just made me wonder about the purse. There isn't any currently available evidence that the police ever searched his car at that time, so no way to tell. What got me thinking was reading about the case of Robin Frances Murphy, who disappeared near me in the 1990's. The authorities never found her, but they did find her keys and purse-as they often do when someone is violently attacked in a random act (by someone who isn't worried about being scrutinized). This can mean several things-such as, she took it with her when she voluntariy disappeared, or she was harmed by someone who knew she would need to be dispatched, along with her purse, not to be found. If she was a suicide, I think her body and/or her purse would have been found by now.

I guess I am just pulling a string that Skeet started. There is no answer to my question, so maybe I am just being contrary, but it just seemed to me that BF/F said that she left the glasses in the car, there is the hearsay statement that he got the ring back, and it just made me wonder about the purse. There isn't any currently available evidence that the police ever searched his car at that time, so no way to tell. What got me thinking was reading about the case of Robin Frances Murphy, who disappeared near me in the 1990's. The authorities never found her, but they did find her keys and purse-as they often do when someone is violently attacked in a random act (by someone who isn't worried about being scrutinized). This can mean several things-such as, she took it with her when she voluntariy disappeared, or she was harmed by someone who knew she would need to be dispatched, along with her purse, not to be found. If she was a suicide, I think her body and/or her purse would have been found by now.

BBM1: I don't hear you being contrary, just poking a finger at a pile of sticks, and why not! :)

So, I hadn't really thought those details that far out, but I think I see what you're saying, and you got me thinking.

Runaway: Yes, she'd need the purse for that. That's why I thought finding the purse would be such a red flag.

Murder: If this is what happened, you would expect her purse to (a) turn up with a body, (b) turn up in a murderer's possession, (c) be disposed of.

But BBM2: Now that you mention it, I wouldn't expect someone planning suicide to even bring a purse, unless the person expected to need something en route to the suicide destination. At one point, I asked MMQC if Sylvia bought anything on her shopping trip (I don't think she answered this question but I will look and bump it up), because I also would not expect someone planning suicide to purchase anything for future use -- or to buy an outfit to die in. Right? I mean, I have heard about men putting on military uniforms and Sunday suits before eating their shotguns; it's almost like they are saying what they want to be buried in. But I don't think this level of planning (or vanity -- whichever it is) is common. Do you? I think the suicide victim is usually too distraught to think this way.

Re the purse being found by now ... it's a big world, there's a lot of people in it, and those people make a lot of garbage! I think if we were too trawl a dump, we'd find purses and wallets in it. Sometimes they just rot. JMO.

Bumping up for MMQC's attention:

Originally Posted by MMQC
I don't want to go there but I can see how it could be speculated, especially if she were really depressed. But nothing out of the day to day anxiety, especially since we were shopping the sales racks. Never enough time for that. I think it was the end of the season sidewalk sales coupled with the BTS shoppers. I can remember the mall being packed and parking in no-mans-land.

Hi, MMQC: Do you remember if she bought anything?

Bumping up for MMQC's attention (ETA: Apologies, MMQC, I see you did answer this, that's where the "puss" point comes from -- I was going too fast):

Originally Posted by MMQC
She was out of sorts a bit but nothing that I would have worried about.
She was going home to get ready for a date. Anxious to be showered and ready by the time he got there to pick her up. We were running late. End of summer sales!

BBM: MMQC, what did she say or do that made you think this?

And today I would add: While it may have looked like SL was "putting a puss on" as MMQC said somewhere else, it's also possible that this mood is connected to SL's angry display later in the car -- the throwing of the glasses and storming away, if in fact that happened. To me, it suggests anxiety about something planned and supports the possibility of her initiating a breakup. Of course, something else that transpired between SL and her BF/F could have meant there was going to be a "talk" about something else night ... the mood could also support the runaway theory. Just one of several possibilities and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74