NY NY - Tiffany Dixon, 12, Brooklyn, 10 Oct 1991

anyone find it odd a young woman would shift her career goals from Scientist to Model at such a young age? Why?

I don't find it odd because I remember telling a friend at a similar age that I wanted to be a model- this is the age some girls start reading the teen-magazines, want to learn about makeup, etc. You want to find ways to feel good about yourself, because it's such a tough age...

BUT I do think it definitely could be Tiffany was abducted by someone she knew, and maybe they even tricked her into going by claiming they could help her get into modelling.
Who knows how many victims he had. It's just horrible.

Goodness her brother was all alone at a very young age. I truly hope he is alive and well.

Also I am curious... anyone find it odd a young woman would shift her career goals from Scientist to Model at such a young age? Why? Was she groomed? Who made her think modeling would be a line of business... I know that she lived in New York but... for a young woman who has yet to sexually mature see herself in a body conscious way... one just has to ask..

I wish we had more people advocating for her. If her mother and father have passed, I wonder who else is still around to tell her story, speak her name. Surely she's out there somewhere. Even as a Jane doe?
Thank you for that I really appreciate that my name is Noah barreto I am Tiffany's oldest biological brother the one she worked at school that day was her cousin

It's been 24 years since Tiffany was last seen. According to this recent article, authorities received very few leads at the time and have not said if they believe she is a victim of foul play or if she left on her own accord.

Why Didn't Tiffany Show up to School that October Day in 1991

Why Didn’t Tiffany Show up to School that October Day in 1991?

Living Without Their Tiffany - February 1999

LIVING WITHOUT THEIR TIFFANY
Just want to say thank you for the kind things you were saying about Tiffany Dixon I am nowhere to Tiffany's older brother a biological brother

Thank you for that I really appreciate that my name is Noah barreto I am Tiffany's oldest biological brother the one she worked at school that day was her cousin
Wow that's very interesting news. I wonder why that was never changed in any reports. So she actually walled her cousin, her aunts son to school not you her bio brother. Is that correct?

What do you think happened to her? She was only a few blocks away from her school. I hope you and Israel are okay. You especially. Because that family lost the mom and dad, and then Tiffany.

Do you and Tiffany have any other siblings?

Who all lived in the aunts place with Tiffany and Noah. Why haven't the police updated the information to show that she was last seen walking her COUSIN not her brother to school?

I really wish you the best.

I hope we find Tiffany soon.

I went to school with Tiffany and I remember the day she went missing (well, actually we found out the next day at school). I have always wondered what happened and more than anything hoped that she would be found safe. I remember school staff asking if anyone knew anything but none of my friends/classmates seemed to. There were rumors about one of her parents kidnapping her but at this point I couldn't tell you if there was any merit to those rumors, or if they were the speculation of a bunch of shocked and scared 7th graders.
I will always hold hope out for her.
Tiffany always had a smile and always seemed happy. I hate to think that her story could end in such a tragic way.

Cross- posting Tiffany's thread on the Gilgo beach thread..rbbm

Aug 7 2023
''CARROLL GARDENS, Brooklyn (PIX11) — The disappearance of a 12-year-old girl on her way to junior high school in 1991 is getting talked about again, along with two other cold case murders that year, after the arrest of an architect in the Gilgo Beach serial killer case.

In 1991, Gilgo suspect Rex Heuermann was a 27-year-old apprentice to an architect living on Carroll Street in Park Slope, a street that leads directly into the adjacent Carroll Gardens neighborhood.

On Oct. 10, 1991, 12-year-old Tiffany Dixon vanished after dropping off her younger cousin at an elementary school in Carroll Gardens. She never made it to her seventh-grade class several blocks away.

The online true crime site “Murder Incorporated” noted that Tiffany Dixon lived on Hart Street in Bushwick. Eight months after her disappearance, Rex Heuermann filed a request to do work on a property located at 689 Hart Street, up the block from where Dixon was living with her aunt and cousin.''

''Luz Carrion, the sister of victim Sandra Acosta, was distraught when speaking to PIX11 at her front door on Douglass Street.

“Somebody set out to do this,” Luz Carrion said in 1991, “not only to her but other people because there’s a lot of young girls missing, about three others. Same color hair, about the same height, weight, same area. The other girl is three blocks away from here, Tiffany.”

Luz Carrion referred to the missing Tiffany Dixon, who was never found.''

What a pity for her, maybe she was kidnapped and disappeared... an intelligent girl with a desire to live and be happy, she took care of her little brother and the others, her aunt also described her that way... a great gesture from her aunt in taking care of her and her siblings Since both of his parents suffered from AIDS.
rest in peace little one

Aug 9 2023 rbbm.
By Poulami Sengupta
Who is Tiffany Dixon? Decades-old missing case of 12-year-old back in the spotlight after Rex Heuermann's arrest

The 30-year-old kidnapping case of Tiffany Dixon is getting attention after Rex Heuermann's arrest (RH Architecture and NYPD)

''BROOKLYN, NEW YORK: A more than 30-year-old disappearance mystery is suddenly gaining attention after the arrest of New York architect Rex Heuermann, 59, who is suspected of several murders. Heuermann has been charged for allegedly killing three women and being the “prime suspect” for the death of another.''

''Tiffany Dixon mysteriously disappeared on October 20, 1991, when she was going to her junior high school in the Carroll Gardens neighborhood after dropping her third-grader cousin at elementary school. She was never seen again. ''

''Per the true crime site Murder Incorporated, just eight months after Tiffany’s disappearance, Gilgo Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann started working a stone’s throw distance away. Dixon lived on Hart Street in Bushwick and just eight months after her disappearance, the then 27-year-old Heuermann, who worked as an apprentice under Harvey Rothenberg, filed for work at 689 Hart Street''.

''He filed for two jobs - first, to install an interior fire alarm system, and second, to interior partitions. However, both the two filings were “pre-filed” in May 1992 and did not mention anything about 1991, the very year of Tiffany’s disappearance. The outlet revealed that Heuermann was working just 600 feet away from Tiffany’s dwelling place. Just two weeks after Tiffany’s disappearance, another New York woman Sandra Acosta went missing.''

It's just chilling to think that this man, if indeed he's responsible for Tiffany's and (I guess now) Sandra's disappearances, has potentially been criminally active in secret for 20 years!

*1999 article:
Tiffany Dixon was only 12 when she vanished Oct. 10, 1991, after dropping her brother Israel off at Public School 58 in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. Not a phone call or fingernail has surfaced in eight years. In Delgado's memory, Tiffany is eternally 12. Tiffany was born to Iris Franco, Delgado's troubled sister, but Delgado took the girl in when she was 6.

Her sister gave Delgado legal custody three years later. Franco died of AIDS in Bellevue Hospital two months after Tiffany's disappearance. "The last words she said to me were, 'Please find my daughter,' " recalled Delgado, 35.

Tiffany's father died of AIDS the following February. "We're far from the perfect family, but there was never any abuse," Delgado said. "She was a very responsible little girl" who would never have left her brother at school with no way to get home. Delgado who is always careful to speak of Tiffany in the present tense pre-empts the obvious question. "That she's dead that's not a thought I'd even entertain

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back