NY - Woman found dead in SoHo hotel room - February 10, 2024

Looks like there will be an extradition decision coming.
The Manhattan DA’s Office on Monday will try to convince an Arizona judge to ship a career criminal back to the Big Apple to face murder charges in the brutal slaying of a Queens mom inside a Soho hotel room — over the objections of prosecutors in Phoenix.
After weeks of legal wrangling, the decision will be hashed out in a hearing in Superior Court in Phoenix on Monday afternoon, the County Attorney’s Office told The Post.

AZ and NY are fighting over him for first dibs, I am thinking this may be a good problem. Lots of women needing justice!
While it seems like a good thing, the DA in New York is notorious for releasing violent criminals on low bail and LE in Arizona are pushing to keep him in Phoenix. He will definitely not be released to await trial in Arizona. The super liberal New York DA is accusing Arizona of playing political games. Personally, I think they are acting in good faith on behalf of women everywhere who are quite literally in danger of death if this man is out roaming the streets. I get that politics are involved but I really think that this man should never, ever have another chance to inflict such damage on anyone again. MOO based on the facts only.

Leah Palian told NewsNation she is only alive because she convinced Almansoori she cared about him after he nearly choked her to death and sexually assaulted her.

The pair worked together at a restaurant in Orlando, Florida, and she said the attack came after she allowed Almansoori to stay at her home last April. Palian said she convinced him she wouldn’t tell anyone what he did, and they eventually left and went to a nearby 7-Eleven store.

At the store, Palian barricaded herself in the bathroom and called 911. He was charged with aggravated assault but posted bail and was set free.

Palian said Almansoori sent her a text message around the time of Oleas-Arancibia’s death.

“Why did you treat me that way?” the text read, according to Palian. “You should never treat a man like that. I never deserved to be treated that way.”

Palian said Almansoori should never have been released from jail.

“I was so paranoid and so afraid that he was going to be able to track me down and he was going to be able to come and get revenge,” she told NewsNation. “I was so afraid he would track me down and kill me.”
Wow. This man is so, so dangerous.
She is so strong to come forward!!

After weeks of legal wrangling, the decision will be hashed out in a hearing in Superior Court in Phoenix on Monday afternoon, the County Attorney’s Office told The Post.

Maricopa prosecutor Rachel Mitchell fired the first salvo last month after Almansoori was arrested in Scottsdale and charged with carjacking one woman and attacking another at a local McDonald’s — telling reporters she didn’t trust Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg to keep the suspect locked up.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2024/03/www--com-f-rest-77641808.jpg?w=1024

While it seems like a good thing, the DA in New York is notorious for releasing violent criminals on low bail and LE in Arizona are pushing to keep him in Phoenix. He will definitely not be released to await trial in Arizona. The super liberal New York DA is accusing Arizona of playing political games. Personally, I think they are acting in good faith on behalf of women everywhere who are quite literally in danger of death if this man is out roaming the streets. I get that politics are involved but I really think that this man should never, ever have another chance to inflict such damage on anyone again. MOO based on the facts only.

Facts matter.

...homicides are down 24% since Bragg took office. The spokesperson noted that New York's homicide rate is less than half that of Phoenix's.

and

Laws passed in New York in 2019, the year before Bragg took office, also restrict the use of bail for misdemeanors and some nonviolent felonies.
(Bragg doesn't make NY laws, nor does he release people on bail. The legislative branch makes laws & the court system determines bail amounts.)

Regardless (bbm):
Neither the bail laws nor Bragg’s internal policy have any bearing on the treatment of suspects charged with murder.

Facts matter.

and

(Bragg doesn't make NY laws, nor does he release people on bail. The legislative branch makes laws & the court system determines bail amounts.)

Regardless (bbm):

Murder may be down but overall violent crime rose by 22% in NYC in 2023.

Like I said, I am not focused on the political side of this. I don’t consider myself either conservative or liberal. I just want this predator to stay in prison. If New York is willing to guarantee they won’t be lenient with bail, etc., then by all means, let’s extradite! MOO

Agree and I am aware of the disparity between the two states stance on criminal accountability. I would prefer he stay in AZ because I live in a very liberal Texas county with a DA who cannot be voted out of office fast enough. His sentencing is a joke. His record is atrocious for the same reasons you mentioned re: NY.

My point was that hopefully the public scrutiny will make a difference but I may be wrong about that.

Leah Palian told NewsNation she is only alive because she convinced Almansoori she cared about him after he nearly choked her to death and sexually assaulted her.

The pair worked together at a restaurant in Orlando, Florida, and she said the attack came after she allowed Almansoori to stay at her home last April. Palian said she convinced him she wouldn’t tell anyone what he did, and they eventually left and went to a nearby 7-Eleven store.

At the store, Palian barricaded herself in the bathroom and called 911. He was charged with aggravated assault but posted bail and was set free.

Palian said Almansoori sent her a text message around the time of Oleas-Arancibia’s death.

“Why did you treat me that way?” the text read, according to Palian. “You should never treat a man like that. I never deserved to be treated that way.”

Palian said Almansoori should never have been released from jail.

“I was so paranoid and so afraid that he was going to be able to track me down and he was going to be able to come and get revenge,” she told NewsNation. “I was so afraid he would track me down and kill me.”
ok so per the interview. this was more a case where once again, prosecutors did not take a woman's SA claims seriously or thought they coulndt slam dunk it rather than a "easy on crime and bail" case.

ok so per the interview. this was more a case where once again, prosecutors did not take a woman's SA claims seriously or thought they coulndt slam dunk it rather than a "easy on crime and bail" case.
This doesn't change the fact New York's new "bail reform" laws have (unsurprisingly) failed spectacularly.

This doesn't change the fact New York's new "bail reform" laws have (unsurprisingly) failed spectacularly.
i didnt say thay have not. But i did read that the bail reform is for misd and non violence. but im not there so idk. the reason he was out was because of Florida, though.

Agree and I am aware of the disparity between the two states stance on criminal accountability. I would prefer he stay in AZ because I live in a very liberal Texas county with a DA who cannot be voted out of office fast enough. His sentencing is a joke. His record is atrocious for the same reasons you mentioned re: NY.

My point was that hopefully the public scrutiny will make a difference but I may be wrong about that.
I agree with the public scrutiny…I would hope that now that this man’s record and seeming penchant for violence against women has been exposed on a national level, he will stay locked up regardless of the state.

It’s really sad that politics are playing any type of role in making decisions about public safety. MOO

PHOENIX -- The man sought in New York in last month's fatal bludgeoning of a woman in a Manhattan hotel said in an Arizona courtroom Monday that he would not waive formal extradition proceedings while he’s being prosecuted for subsequent stabbing attacks on two other women in Phoenix.

Raad Almansoori is being held without bond in Phoenix on charges of attempted murder and other counts associated with the separate stabbings of two women that occurred after he traveled to Arizona from New York.

Bond in the separate civil case on the extradition issue is $5 million.

Almansoori appeared Monday before Maricopa County Superior Court Commissioner Barbara Spencer, who emphasized that the Arizona case must play out before any extradition case can move forward. Three more such procedural hearings are scheduled over the next 90 days.

The man accused in a violent multi-state crime spree, including two stabbings in the Valley and the death of a woman at a New York City hotel room, pleaded not guilty on Tuesday.

Last week, Raad Noah Almansoori, 26, was indicted by a grand jury, facing multiple felonies, including attempted first-degree murder:

• Two counts of attempt to commit first-degree murder, Class Two felonies;
  • Two counts of aggravated assault, Class Three felonies;
  • One count of attempt to commit armed robbery, a Class Three felony;
  • Two counts of attempt to commit sexual assault, Class Three felonies;
  • One count of theft of means of transportation, a Class Three felony.

The man accused in a violent multi-state crime spree, including two stabbings in the Valley and the death of a woman at a New York City hotel room, pleaded not guilty on Tuesday.

Last week, Raad Noah Almansoori, 26, was indicted by a grand jury, facing multiple felonies, including attempted first-degree murder:

• Two counts of attempt to commit first-degree murder, Class Two felonies;
  • Two counts of aggravated assault, Class Three felonies;
  • One count of attempt to commit armed robbery, a Class Three felony;
  • Two counts of attempt to commit sexual assault, Class Three felonies;
  • One count of theft of means of transportation, a Class Three felony.
What a terror this man is!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin