OFF TOPIC Chit-Chat

Weleetka1 I am very sorry for your loss.. I really dislike change when it happens like this !!

For those of you who would like to be "WOWed" by a pic of the HUGE Famous Chicken Fried Steak that is oh so Famous, here you go !!

What really needs to go with this picture of the CFS is a picture of the itty bitty salad that came with the meal, lol.

Although I've only made one visit to the Roundup Cafe, I will never forget it. I don't think I've ever laughed that much in my life. OH what a night it was!

Okies aren't much into salads when there is steak of any kind involved. ;)

OMG! I just saw the CFS photo!! WOW! (Scratch the salad completely!)

What really needs to go with this picture of the CFS is a picture of the itty bitty salad that came with the meal, lol.

Although I've only made one visit to the Roundup Cafe, I will never forget it. I don't think I've ever laughed that much in my life. OH what a night it was!

Lauren, I agree w/you. The salad? What salad??? LOL
The laughter was non-stop. I had such a great time that night.
I will always remember the entire trip.

~xxooxxoo~
Flossie

:blowkiss:

I asked a Weleetka member to see if the town would start a fund to resurrect the Roundup. I will let you all know the address where funds can be sent!

Hi. I'm sorry to hear of more sad news for this town. Although there hasn't been much movement on this case, I still check this tread daily, praying for something for the girls. This case is what brought me to WS.
As for the picture, THAT'S MY KIND OF DINNER!!!! I do have one question. Did anybody actually finish the entire plate of food? I really think I could have, but would have to be rolled out of the restaurant afterwards. But, something tells me it would be WORTH it!! If you find out any info of donations being taken, or other ways to help, please post it. I would be glad to help in any way that I can.

Maybe it's time to contact ABC's Ty Penninton for an extreme makeover (replacement of the RoundUp). Gail and Ken are really good people.

What a genius idea... as soon as I finish this post I will write my request / letter. I am so glad you thought of that Weleetka 1.

Apply To Be On Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Today!

Do you know a deserving family who desperately needs a home makeover? Perhaps it's your family? If you would like to nominate your own family or another, then print out our application and send it in, along with a video and/or pictures! The Extreme Makeover team could be coming to your neighborhood!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/index?pn=apply

Does anyone know when fire chief Micco, became mayor of Weleetka? I thought the mayor was a woman.

Also, I'm sure Weleetka has town meetings and elections, but, for the life of me, I can't find any records online. Do records even exist?

Thank you.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear of more sad news for this town. Although there hasn't been much movement on this case, I still check this tread daily, praying for something for the girls. This case is what brought me to WS.
As for the picture, THAT'S MY KIND OF DINNER!!!! I do have one question. Did anybody actually finish the entire plate of food? I really think I could have, but would have to be rolled out of the restaurant afterwards. But, something tells me it would be WORTH it!! If you find out any info of donations being taken, or other ways to help, please post it. I would be glad to help in any way that I can.

NO, no one in their right mind could finish that. Thanks to Claycat, the cats hanging around our hotel enjoyed our leftovers.

...was heavy on my heart today........around 6am as i was traveling the interstate system........the city i live in Indianapolis had a MAJOR downtown fire today.........at times it was an inferno.....it took around 125 fire fighters or so to bring it under control.......i could see the smoke from the interstate system........and I slowed down, and thought about the town of wleetka.................just wanted to share this.

...was heavy on my heart today........around 6am as i was traveling the interstate system........the city i live in Indianapolis had a MAJOR downtown fire today.........at times it was an inferno.....it took around 125 fire fighters or so to bring it under control.......i could see the smoke from the interstate system........and I slowed down, and thought about the town of wleetka.................just wanted to share this.

I have often thought about the fire that destroyd so much of downtown Weleetka also. It is so sad. I hope everyone was safe in Indianapolis............

I'm sorry about the fire in your city, MrTT! I hope no one was hurt.

Poor Weleetka!

wfgodot, you said you lived close by the area. Do you mean the area where Taylor lived or just the general area of Weleetka?

Also, you said you are a teacher. Do you teach at Weleetka or Graham schools?

Hi, little726---I live about an hour and a half from that area, in the far corner of NE OK. And no on the Weleetka/Graham connection; I've been a college teacher for ten years. I have no connection to the Weleetka vicinity (other than the friends I've made on here, that is!).

Thanks, wtf.

This case has been really frustrating. OSBI acts like they have zippers on their lips.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back