Off Topic/Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I too will add SG, her family and her mother to my prayers...

SG...thoughts and prayers for your mom and your entire family during this difficult time.

Oh, SG, I just saw the news. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

:blowkiss:
{hugs}
fran

On Kildaire Farm Rd (corner of Penny Rd.)there is a home surrounded by police, CCBI, investigators, plus many others. I called WTVD and they told me they were told a woman was decorating her Christmas tree, fell, hit her head and died. The station said they were told it was all natural causes. Now that CCBI is at the scene they are going right over to see if it is not the case of a tragic fall.

If I find out more I will let you know...tragic if this is true, but lets hope this is the case and not possible murder.

I was out of town and did not hear about this! How awful. Did you find out anything else?

So sorry SG. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

SG I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Please try to pop in soon and give us an update. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

I was out of town and did not hear about this! How awful. Did you find out anything else?
WTVD told me they spoke to a neighbor that confirmed she fell while finishing her Christmas tree, hit her head and died. Her obit is in today's paper...Joyce Jones.

Saturday the Christmas tree was lit up while the LE was there, and the past 3 days it has not been turned on. The red wreath is now a white one on the porch. So sad for a joyous time of year

PC..it is the home right past the gas station going towards 1010 from Penny Road.

WTVD told me they spoke to a neighbor that confirmed she fell while finishing her Christmas tree, hit her head and died. Her obit is in today's paper...Joyce Jones.

Saturday the Christmas tree was lit up while the LE was there, and the past 3 days it has not been turned on. The red wreath is now a white one on the porch. So sad for a joyous time of year

PC..it is the home right past the gas station going towards 1010 from Penny Road.

I drove home from work that way today and saw the white wreath. So very sad and tragic. I just keep telling myself that God has a plan....

Thanks, Mom. I'll have to dig the newspaper back out of the recycle bin to check the obit for the lady who fell. We never know when we are going to "go", you know?

Sleuthy, the shock of finding out something like you have about your mom can be overwhelming at first, can't it? I don't think it was mentioned if the mass was benign or not. I do know that both my husband and myself have survived and been cured of cancer, though I don't know if that's what your mom has. Both of us went into a panic at first, both of us secretly thought we'd be gone in 6 months. We are still here and cured by surgery, but I had radiation too. (I'd drive myself to the treatments!)

Day by day is a good way to go.

:heart::sunshine:

Hi All,

Thank you for the good thoughts & wishes; they are VERY MUCH appreciated. And thank you Reddress for being such a fantastic friend. Reddress got up at o'dark thirty to take me to the airport and kept me calm.

Spoke to my mother's neurosurgeon and internist. There def. is a mass but the 'good' news is that they are pretty sure it's benign. They plan to treat it with Cyberknife/Radiation treatment in about a month. No surgery for mom due to her advanced age.

She's being released tomorrow morning and I am flying back tomorrow since there's nothing else I can do. I was glad to be able to talk directly to the doctors since my mom, dad, and aunt tend to go mute and not ask questions and then don't remember what the doctors say.

I am exhausted.

Hi All,

Thank you for the good thoughts & wishes; they are VERY MUCH appreciated. And thank you Reddress for being such a fantastic friend. Reddress got up at o'dark thirty to take me to the airport and kept me calm.

Spoke to my mother's neurosurgeon and internist. There def. is a mass but the 'good' news is that they are pretty sure it's benign. They plan to treat it with Cyberknife/Radiation treatment in about a month. No surgery for mom due to her advanced age.

She's being released tomorrow morning and I am flying back tomorrow since there's nothing else I can do. I was glad to be able to talk directly to the doctors since my mom, dad, and aunt tend to go mute and not ask questions and then don't remember what the doctors say.

I am exhausted.

Many prayers to you and your mother!

Oh, wow. Most likely benign is FABULOUS!! That cyberknife surgery or whatever it's called is cutting edge, even though that sounds like a ridiculous pun, it's not meant to be. I'll bet she is somewhat relieved already. Not that I wouldn't be scared into a tizzy if it were me. Don't know where your mom lives, but sounds like she has a great neurosurgeon who knows the latest procedures. :sunshine:

I am up at nearly 3 AM because I have been in the basement garage for EIGHT hours (took a break for dinner) cleaning out half the garage. The guys are absolute pack rats and they are NASTY and "don't know" how to clean up or organize (my son and husband). I'd better get something really good for Christmas, including home made fudge. This is part of my Christmas gift to son and husband: the gift of being able to actually use the garage and walk in it. I have made so many trips to GoodWill and husband has been to the dump twice.

Oh, wow. Most likely benign is FABULOUS!! That cyberknife surgery or whatever it's called is cutting edge, even though that sounds like a ridiculous pun, it's not meant to be. I'll bet she is somewhat relieved already. Not that I wouldn't be scared into a tizzy if it were me. Don't know where your mom lives, but sounds like she has a great neurosurgeon who knows the latest procedures. :sunshine:

I am up at nearly 3 AM because I have been in the basement garage for EIGHT hours (took a break for dinner) cleaning out half the garage. The guys are absolute pack rats and they are NASTY and "don't know" how to clean up or organize (my son and husband). I'd better get something really good for Christmas, including home made fudge. This is part of my Christmas gift to son and husband: the gift of being able to actually use the garage and walk in it. I have made so many trips to GoodWill and husband has been to the dump twice.

With you cleaning out the garage, are we about to have another case to discuss here on WS? The real question is are you cleaning up the side in front of your vehicle or your husbands? :eek:

:crazy:

Good one, good one, NCSU! Maybe I'll consult with Brad Cooper on that one. We don't use a "bug man", so I'd be in the clear on that account. I'm not stupid enough to carry gasoline in the trunk or spill it. I let husband do that, and he never spills it. I suppose I should vacuum ONLY the trunk and leave the green vegetable matter on the front floor mat. The only hair on the wheel well of my car is cat hair, or maybe mouse fur (according to the mouse poops that I have uncovered in my cleaning spree).

I hate to kill even little mice. Do those primitive mouse traps, wood with fast closing clips...do they guarantee a fast kill? I'll bait them with peanut butter and bird seed, but I do not want them to suffer past an instant death. They know how to hide from the cat.

Have you ever heard this term?

I just found this on City-Data.com, which is set up just like this forum, only it has things we don't have, like "reputation," etc.

Someone posted this for everyone's enjoyment. It tells us where the terms come from, like "lurker" and "troll"... I found it fascinating!!!

And, funnily enough, recognized some of the personalities here!!!

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

Have you ever heard this term?

I just found this on City-Data.com, which is set up just like this forum, only it has things we don't have, like "reputation," etc.

Someone posted this for everyone's enjoyment. It tells us where the terms come from, like "lurker" and "troll"... I found it fascinating!!!

And, funnily enough, recognized some of the personalities here!!!

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

Very interesting, JMFLU. I may have mentioned this, but I think that the "flame wars" can be compared to road rage. When technologies remove us from interacting closely as humans, it seems to also have an effect on how we treat each other. Manners are sometimes left behind. I believe that is important to find ways to treat each other kindly and maintain a community spirit online. I have actually been impressed by the community on websleuths. The rules may help to enforce this. The smilies also help.

Best wishes for the holidays to all of you!!

Yep. It's 3:17 AM and I can't sleep. So I'm wandering around the Internet. Now I'm wondering: what do the people in jail do? Do the inmates have TV or radio access? Computer access? Do they eat in their cell? Where do they take showers, and do they take showers privately or what? Do they get reading materials? I haven't known anyone who has been in jail for longer than overnight, and I haven't been incarcerated either! I'm trying to figure out what Brad or any other inmate does besides sit there in the cell. Sorry to be so uninformed, but this isn't my specialty.

Very interesting, JMFLU. I may have mentioned this, but I think that the "flame wars" can be compared to road rage. When technologies remove us from interacting closely as humans, it seems to also have an effect on how we treat each other. Manners are sometimes left behind. I believe that is important to find ways to treat each other kindly and maintain a community spirit online. I have actually been impressed by the community on websleuths. The rules may help to enforce this. The smilies also help.

Best wishes for the holidays to all of you!!

I agree, my friend. That's one of the reasons I wanted people to come here from GOLO because they treat each other so awfully there. I wanted them to learn some manners. LOL

I recently discovered a site called city-data.com which has great community info for any area you live in, and they have a forum set up just like ours, only they have more things like reputation, etc. and that's where I read about the different names for people. I was searching to find out if the rumor I heard about the new Wal-Mart coming to Morrisville was true, and found the info there. It's a great site! But for some reason I thought it would be like a "post a question and some random people will give you info." Nope. It's another community, where the people all know each other and go on there every day. Except it's tons more people than are on the NC forum. For the most part they are helpful and nice, but you do see people insulting each other and getting into arguments occasionally. I guess each one of these forum-type things have their hangers-on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname