OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
'As many as' 10 killed in reported mass shooting in Ohio

The Dayton Daily News reported through sources that as many as 10 people are dead with an unknown number of injured.

Several eyewitnesses reported on social media seeing multiple people wounded.

There has been no official word on injuries. Dayton Police confirmed it is "actively investigating" an active shooter incident, but provided no other details.

I thought I must be losing my mind, or reading something that popped up from a prior year... What? Unbelievable!

Twitter #OregonDistrict has a photo of a deceased white male on the sidewalk with numbered evidence markers and they are saying he is the shooter. Also reports that this incident happened at a bar called Ned Peppers; area is east 5th Street.

Oregon District is an area of independent restaurants, including many unique historic buildings.

This is a nice area! Popular with locals and visitors alike.

It’s extremely popular and especially on a weekend evening will be crowded and bustling with activity. Many restaurants have outdoor patios, and on an absolutely beautiful even like last night I am sure the area would have been packed. On a Saturday evening live music would have been featured in several places.

Here’s a description from a restaurant guide:

Tap into the area’s premier independent restaurants downtown. With dozens of restaurants and cafés to choose from, you can find everything from sizzling steaks and delicious pasta dishes to hot slices of pizza and fresh sushi.

If you’re looking for the right atmosphere, downtown has you covered there, too. You can dine in an authentic Irish pub, a converted flour mill, a Thai garden, an elegant restaurant high atop a hotel tower or a city sidewalk café. And many restaurants offer live entertainment and outdoor seating.

Last edited:
From our Australian news.

Nine people in Ohio have been killed after a shooter armed with an automatic rifle opened fire at a bar, marking the United States’ second mass shooting in less than 24 hours.

Cops confirmed 10 people including the shooter were dead after witnesses heard gunfire and saw bar patrons sprinting away in the city of Dayton just after 1am local time.

Multiple people were shot, with medics reporting critical patients in the area of East 5th Street in the Oregon District. A total of 16 people have been taken to Miami Valley Hospital, but their ages and the extent of their injuries remain unknown.

Witnesses said the shooting unfolded at The Ned Peppers Bar in the arts and entertainment district of Oregon.
Police respond to ‘active shooting’ reports in Ohio

I have nothing substantive to add to the discussion just sharing disbelief that just so many lives were lost today.
Thinking of all the family and loved ones. The third in a week and second in a day, can’t help but feel extremely angry towards these absolute cowards. (IMO of course).
Just SMH, I am never one to become an alarmist but have to admit I sadly feel the need to look up and learn some active shooter drills.

Shooter had a long gun, many rounds. Working to identify him. Not sure yet, but assuming the shooter in this case is dead.

Dayton Daily News is a good resource.

Dayton Daily News

There was “a very short timeline of violence” because the officers were on their regular patrols of the district. “We’re very fortunate for that,” he said. “We had officers in the immediate vicinity when this shooting began and were able to respond and put an end to it quickly,” Carper said.

Oregon is the hip nightclub district in Dayton, so many officers are usually stationed there on weekend nights.

Just saw officers being interviewed on local NEO station. They said it would have been much worse if not for LE being right there when it happened.

Last edited:
I thought I must be losing my mind, or reading something that popped up from a prior year... What? Unbelievable!

Twitter #OregonDistrict has a photo of a deceased white male on the sidewalk with numbered evidence markers and they are saying he is the shooter. Also reports that this incident happened at a bar called Ned Peppers; area is east 5th Street.

I know, right? I had to read the headline about 3 or 4 times before it sunk in.

< modsnip> Is something happening in their dark side of the internet? Has there been some call to action on their dark, dank corner of the internet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member