NOTGUILTY OH - Abby Marie Michaels, 21, slammed car wrong way into family, killing 3, Moraine, 17 Mar 2019

LadyL

Reaction score
A grand jury indicted Abby Marie Michaels of Xenia with six counts of murder and a count of operating a vehicle while under the influence in connection with the March 17, 2019, crash on Interstate 75 in Moraine that left a couple and their daughter dead

Heck said prosecutors would seek a bond of at least $1 million. Michaels faces life in prison if convicted.

21-year-old woman accused of deliberately slamming car into family, killing 3

The people in the Toyota, Timmy Thompson, his wife, Karen, and their daughter, Tessa, 10, were returning home from vacation. "All lost their lives as a result of this defendant’s deliberate and outrageous actions," Heck said.

21-year-old woman accused of deliberately slamming car into family, killing 3

AAEA76k.img

"According to the Dayton Daily News, Michaels’ blood alcohol content was not a contributing factor to the crash and the ultimate death of the Thompson family.

“This was not an accident. This defendant was upset and decided to take the action that she did,” Montgomery County Prosecutor Mat Heck said during a news conference. “Evidence shows this defendant knew what she was doing and what she wanted to accomplish.”

The evidence Heck was referring to was the phone conversations Michaels had with her husband who told authorities she was hoping to commit suicide by driving into oncoming traffic, as well as the witnesses who saw Michaels’ car accelerate throughout her stunt.

“Witnesses indicate the defendant never slowed and was actually accelerating when she struck the victims’ vehicle head-on. The victims … all lost their lives as a result of this defendant’s deliberate and outrageous actions,” Heck said."

Abby Marie Michaels: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I don't agree with this verdict at all.
Virtually no one does. I have never seen people on twitter nearly 100% united in their opinion like this verdict.

I was shocked.

I think the result would have been different with a jury trial instead of a bench trial.

No justice for the murdered family.

From the article:

In the 4-day bench trial, the prosecution tried to prove Michaels intentionally drove the wrong way, arguing a text message she sent her ex-husband saying, “Goodbye, I love you, I’m dying now,” proved her intent.

Judge Dankof did not buy it, saying, “On its face, the text certainly does not even hint at a plan to drive into oncoming traffic.”

The judge also admonished the ex-husband’s testimony that Michaels planned to kill herself by driving the wrong way to be “untrue and unworthy of belief”.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back