OH - Amanda Berry, 17, Cleveland, 21 April 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww gosh.....thanks. :blushing:

I would like to think that anyone would do that if they were in the same position.....

I just read on the Montel site that Amanda's mom is going to be asking Sylvia Browne about Amanda's disappearance. Has Sylvia Browne ever shown to be accurate or reputable? I worry, b/c so often psycics are wrong about these kinds of things, and just succeed in further tormenting the family.....

amandab said:
I just read on the Montel site that Amanda's mom is going to be asking Sylvia Browne about Amanda's disappearance. Has Sylvia Browne ever shown to be accurate or reputable? I worry, b/c so often psycics are wrong about these kinds of things, and just succeed in further tormenting the family.....

Isn't she the one who made the grave mistake of telling a family their child was sold to a foreign country for a slave and all the while the child was murdered? Please help me out here, this memory is not clear.

Anngelique said:
Isn't she the one who made the grave mistake of telling a family their child was sold to a foreign country for a slave and all the while the child was murdered? Please help me out here, this memory is not clear.

Yes, that would be the Opal Jenning case....

Oh gosh, that's not encouraging. Can anyone tell me what happened after the show's over? I wasn't able to tape it....

Sb has NEVER been correct about a missing person's whereabouts.

I would like to know exactly what happenned. I already know what was said to her mother. What a shame!

Kelly

Kelly-

Thanks for posting the news story (I can't view video here at work). I can only hope that Sylvia is wrong about Amanda, as she has been in the past....

-Amanda

The national exposer is a lot more important than what Browne said. I was told by Montel's staff that they average 3 million viewers. Maybe one of those viewers saw something and will come forward.

People want to believe there is an easy solution to finding missing persons. This is part of what keeps Browne in business. It's too bad she couldn't be right some of the time.

RCOOKE said:
The national exposer is a lot more important than what Browne said. I was told by Montel's staff that they average 3 million viewers. Maybe one of those viewers saw something and will come forward.

SUCH a good point. Someone, somewhere, knows what happened.....

Amanda will be on the news again by next Monday night as her family is holding a memory walk in her honor on Sunday, plus our reporter friend will be covering the story as seen on Jason's thread.

Kelly

since these girls disappeared in the same area, does anyone know if gina dejesus knew amanda? I wonder if maybe the police ever thought of a manager at the burger king resturant that amanda worked at? if it were a manager gone bad, maybe at one point or another, gina dejesus possible visits her at work, and the perp sees her as well. And later sees her walking down the road, and he offers her a ride, maybe she would have felt comfortable with him, since she knew he was amandas manager. this is sad that these girls have fallen out of the picture, hopefully police have checked into a possible connection to someone that amanda and gina might have known, such as a possible manager idea that I have. at the very least I feel this person lives in the general area. seems like there hasn't been any others recently that have gone missing in that manner in a close period of time, this person knew whene they would be out and about. our prayers are with amanda and gina, and the families that are still looking for answers.

Interesting. I also know a girl named Amanda Barry- different spelling of her last name, and this girl was only 14 in 2003.

Bumping this for Amanda.

April 21st will mark 2 years since Amanda's disappearance.

April 22nd is Amanda's 19th birthday.

Was it night when she was walking home? What are the circumstances of this case? I haven't heard of her before.

Friends, loved ones of two missing Cleveland teens hold prayer vigil

Updated:10/23/2005

CLEVELAND -- Friends and loved ones of two missing Cleveland teens joined together for a prayer vigil Saturday night.

The families of Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus say they want to remind the community that the girls are still missing.

They also want to encourage people to call police with any leads.

Both Amanda and Gina disappeared from the same west side Cleveland neighborhood. No one's heard from them since.

Loved ones say they held the vigil to mark the two and a half year anniversary of Amanda's disappearance.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=42418

www.wkyc.com

Mother of missing girl hospitalized

By Monina Wagner
Created: 12/31/2005 12:28:57 PM
Updated:12/31/2005 12:28:57 PM

CLEVELAND -- A local mother who fought so long to find out what happened to her missing daughter is hospitalized.
Louwanna Miller is in critical condition.

Her daughter, Amanda Berry, has been missing for two and half years.

Before Christmas, Miller underwent surgery on her pancreas and gall bladder at Metro Health Medical Center.

Miller has since been moved to the Cleveland Clinic where she was taken for a second surgery.

The situation is complicated because her family says Miller has been diagnosed with C. diff, a dangerous bacterial infection.

fourboys said:
Friends, loved ones of two missing Cleveland teens hold prayer vigil

Updated:10/23/2005

CLEVELAND -- Friends and loved ones of two missing Cleveland teens joined together for a prayer vigil Saturday night.

The families of Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus say they want to remind the community that the girls are still missing.

They also want to encourage people to call police with any leads.

Both Amanda and Gina disappeared from the same west side Cleveland neighborhood. No one's heard from them since.

Loved ones say they held the vigil to mark the two and a half year anniversary of Amanda's disappearance.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=42418
this case is so similar to the gaddis and pond girls which were friends and disappeared from the same location. there must be a sexual predator that was attracted to these two girls and may have even had some correspondance with them prior to them going missing. somewhere someone knows what happended to these two girls, the same person is responsible for these two missing girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea