OH OH - Amy Mihaljevic, 10, Bay Village, 27 Oct 1989

Justice4Jack said:
The missing girls list started in the 1950's with Beverly Potts, and since then ther have been Amy, Gina, and Amanda. Another child Shakira's murderer was found, but details are still sketchy.....

I know there have never been so many sexual predators in my neighborhood than now, and it's not safe to walk to the corner store......

2 years ago a young woman was shot going to a corner market for formula, as her husband waited outside the car with the newborn.....

It is just that the crimes are becoming more heinous and random, and the only lesson I think we should learn is to, never say never, and to kiss our children and loved ones each day and let them know they are loved......:blowkiss:
----------------------

I am in Parma.I remember all of these cases.A while back someone reported a man had killed Beverly Potts,I believe the caller said she had been buried in a staircase but it was a hoax.I remember reading her moms death notice in the Plain Dealer and feeling oh so sad! Beverlys' sister now lives in Texas.I believe Gina and Amandas disappearance was caused by the same person.I believe Amy knew her abductor,even if casual.The murder in the convenience store was so sad.The killer recieved the death penalty I believe.There was another one~East Side of Cleveland.I could be wrong but I think her name may have been Beverly also.Her last name was Jaroz,killed in her own home,killer never found. This happened about '64~'65.Too Too many..

. . .After 104 days, Amy Mihaljevic had been found.

She still wore her sweat pants and lavender shirt. But they had been taken off and put back on. Her boots were nowhere to be found. A single turquoise horse-head earring lay nearby. . .
http://www.clevescene.com/Issues/2005-07-20/news/feature_3.html

Note: I added the bolding.

. . ."That's when I met her," Bound says. "She was putting on her boots." . . .
http://www.clevescene.com/Issues/2005-07-20/news/feature_5.html

Note: I added the bolding.
Maybe someone thought the boots quote important?

Good catch, docwho. I wonder where those boots are now. Maybe he buried them close by so he could visit the memory of what he had done. I wonder if the police ever searched his home?

southerngirl said:
This book is excellent. I ordered it from Amazon and I'm about halfway through. I can't put it down.
I'm hoping that Santa Hubby brings me one for Christmas!:D

I'm local too, and this case broke my heart as my oldest daughter was near Amy's age when she went missing.

It really makes me sad that Amy's mother went to her grave not knowing what happened. Same with Amanda's mom.:(

I hope this book provides even more leads and furthers justice for Amy's killer.

I rec'd the following email from a reporter (James Renner, who wrote the book about Amy) I wrote thanking him for writing an article on Ray Gricar. I wrote him not knowing he was involved in Amy's case.

Hubby ordered me the book for Christmas :)

His email:

Thanks for this info. The Ray Gricar mystery is one of the strangest stories
I've ever worked on. I'm glad to see that people are still working on it.
Not to overload you with info, but I have another case you might be
interested in. I've been researching the Amy Mihaljevic unsolved
abduction/murder for the last two years. A book on the case, which I wrote, was
just released by Gray & Company. It's available in Ohio bookstores and online at
amazon.com.
Amy was 10 years old in 1989, when she was abducted from a shopping plaza in
broad daylight across the street from the police station in Bay Village,
Ohio--the same idyllic suburb where Sam Sheppard's wife was murdered in 1954.
Her body was found lying face down in a rural wheat field four months later. Her
killer has never been found.
You can read the first chapter here:
http://www.grayco.com/cleveland/books/10193/index.shtml
I also have a blog where I update the case here:
http://www.amymihaljevic.blogspot.com
This girl was surrounded by a number of strange men who took notice of her.
Anyone of them had the means, motive, and opportunity to commit the crime. It's
a unique case, too, in that I think this is the only murder that her killer has
committed.
Since the book has been released, people have contacted me with new
information, which I have passed along to authorities. This cold case is getting
really hot right now.
Thanks again, and let me know if there are any breaks in Gricar's case.
-James

ETA...I now see after reading throught the thread, James is a poster here :) And you all already know about the blog, LOL!

. . .Lamborgine may also be a "person of interest" in the unsolved abduction/murder of 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic, in Bay Village, Ohio, in 1989. Like the children from Oakland County, Amy was abducted in a business district, and seemed to go willingly with her kidnapper. Also like the children from Oakland County, Amy's body was discovered in a field just a few feet from a country road, as if it was put there to be found easily.
On March 27, 2007, investigators told television station WXYZ that Lamborghine was considered the top suspect in this case. Lamborghine pleaded guilty to 15 sex-related counts involving young boys rather than accept a plea bargain that would have required him to take a polygraph test on the Oakland County child killings. Lamborghine also rejected an offer of a reduced sentence in exchange for a polygraph on the case. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_County_Child_Killer

It chills me to the bone that this monster was living so close to my children. Perhaps now there will be justice for Amy too.

It chills me to the bone that this monster was living so close to my children. Perhaps now there will be justice for Amy too.

What was the other case where the young girl went missing from Halloran Park on 117th? I can't remember the name. I wonder where Lamborgine was living when she went missing.

Some attention was paid to that case a few years ago because someone was supposedly confessing in writing to the PD about it. Nothing ever came of it though, that the public knows anyway. :(

Well, another year has gone by. I just finished watching this youtube video about her case. It's from the show "Missing Reward". Her mother is interviewed in this clip, but she has sadly passed away since then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW_AKM35mRE It will break your heart. There are more videos on Renner's YouTube site.

James Renner's blog:
http://amymihaljevic.blogspot.com/

Please say a prayer that this will be solved soon. Thanks.

Does anyone know what happened to A.M.Y. ??

It was a sight called assistingmissingyouth.com
It had Amy's case and two other girls on it. It also had safety tips and links to send tips in on it.
But the link doesn't work anymore :(

i just looked at pictures of them ... yes, it was the site that featured all 3 girls (Amy, Amanda, Gina)

I was a middle school student in Lakewood when Amy was abducted. I remember our parents, teachers, reminding us to be extra careful and not to go anywhere with a stranger. I was so sad the day they found her body...It felt like I knew her, even though we never met...but Baskin-Robbins, LENSC, were all places kids our age liked to go, it really hit home that it could have been any of us...DR certainly seems like the most promising suspect so far...with ties to New London and Northeast Ohio and resemblance to the composite sketch...I wonder even if his car has been scrapped if they could compare fibers from another gold car of the same make, model, and year?

Breaking info in Amy case: A Mr. D. of Seven Hills has been arrested for the murder of a homeless Seven Hills man, Joe Kopp, who had accepted an offer to live in this man's garage. The Plain Dealer is reporting that several people have gone to police with information that Kopp, although homeless, had some apprehension about going to move in with D. because he had reason to suspect that Dienes killed Amy Mihaljevic. Since then, James Renner's blog has reported that D. did work on the floors on Mark Mihaljevic's home AFTER Amy disappeared. Per Renner, Mihaljevic is trying to go back through his old records/receipts and talk to neighbors to see who referred him to Dienes, thinking possibly if D. had worked earlier at a neighbor's house, he could have seen Amy that way. ALSO...D's family owns property in Ashland County about 8 miles from where Amy's body was found according to Renner. SO....while no charges have been brought against Mr. D. in relation to Amy, it is certainly refreshing to know that investigators are checking into this new information.

Crime Stoppers of Cuyahoga County will be presenting a 30-minute television program devoted to the disappearance and murder of Amy Mihaljevic on Satrday, October 6, 2012, at 7:30 PM, seen locally on WKYC Channel 3.

Crime Stoppers of Cuyahoga County will be presenting a 30-minute television program devoted to the disappearance and murder of Amy Mihaljevic on Satrday, October 6, 2012, at 7:30 PM, seen locally on WKYC Channel 3.

I just saw the Crimestoppers show tonight. What a sad case. She was a sweet and beautiful young girl. So tragic. I am sad they have not arrested anyone yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back