GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

How does terminating probation allow her to "get on with her life"? She's in school, in therapy and has a job. Sounds like most 19 year olds. What more does she want? She hasn't earned her degree so the new jobs she's applying for can't be that great. IMO, she's going to need therapy for years, not just to deal with her actions but also to deal with her upbringing. Thats what's going to be the deciding factor on how her life turns out IMO, how committed and seriously she takes her therapy. Not a job that probably pays a dollar or two an hour more right now.

Now 21, Richardson has completed two semesters of college, her attorney, Charlie M. Rittgers wrote in the motion to terminate probation. She currently has a GPA of 4.0, Rittgers said.

Richardson had been working at Rittgers’ law firm. She has sought other jobs, according to her attorneys, but “was rejected each time due to the fact she is on probation."

Too bad, so sad. What do you expect when you bury your baby in the backyard like a gerbil?

MOO

Too bad, so sad. What do you expect when you bury your baby in the backyard like a gerbil?

MOO

I must disagree with you. (you do know I'm just doing an add on please... no offense)

It's like burying your gerbil in the middle of the night, without anyone knowing vs. how I was raised when we did with out loved pet... we all were there and had a service over the pet. Not even that connection.

SMDH... just erased two paragraphs and instead I'll go out to the yard and throw things.

She got off with "standard probation". I've never seen the actual conditions just MSM that it was "standard conditions".

I'm infuriated that she has no oversight anymore to help her help herself. Just SMDH. Unbelievable.

ETA: And I must say... but no answer given.. WHO paid for this appeal? I think we can guess... what is that called? Enabeling? Which makes it worse?

Video of court hearing at the link below

Judge terminates Skylar Richardson’s probation

Nov 17, 2020

LEBANON, Ohio (FOX19) - Skylar Richardson, the former teen once accused of killing her baby, has been released from probation early.

Last year, a Warren County jury found Richardson guilty of abuse of a corpse. They acquitted her on the most serious charges of aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment.

The former Carlisle High School cheerleader who now is 21 was accused of killing her newborn, Annabelle, in May 2017 and burying the remains in her family’s backyard.

Judge Donald Oda sentenced Richardson to three years probation with a seven-day jail sentence commuted for time served.

[..]

During the hearing, Judge Donald Oda said there is nothing that he has seen that leads him to believe Richardson will commit more crimes and terminated the probation effective Tuesday.

[..]

Tracy Johnson, the paternal grandmother of Annabelle, said Richardson has not shown any remorse or reached out to the people she hurt.

“She has shown absolutely no remorse for her actions,” she said. “My son has lost faith in getting any justice for his daughter.”

Last edited:

The grandmother of Richardson’s baby, Tracy Johnson, was in court today for the short hearing urging the judge not to terminate the probation.

Johnson said Richardson could have made different choices.

“You had the option of giving her up to six months in prison with time served ... I don’t think three years probation is too much to ask,” Johnson said to the judge

Skylar Richardson hearing: Carlisle woman convicted in death of her infant released from probation 2 years early

The remains were found about two months after she gave birth, buried in the back yard of her home where she lived with her parents in Carlisle, a village about 40 miles north of Cincinnati.

A forensic pathologist who testified for the prosecution concluded the baby died from "homicidal violence." Prosecutors said Richardson had searched on the internet for "how to get rid of a baby." They played video for the jury of a police interview in which Richardson said the baby might have moved and made noises.

Skylar Richardson released from probation, judge rules

Skylar Richardson hearing: Carlisle woman convicted in death of her infant released from probation 2 years early

Nov 17, 2020

[..]

“There is no reason for me to invest the time and resources of my probation department in supervising you,” Oda said. The judge said probation is not punishment, but “it is an opportunity to demonstrate why the stated prison term of 12 months in prison should not be imposed.”

To Richardson, Oda concluded, “There is nothing in the three years I have been supervising you Ms. Richardson that leads me to believe you do not follow the rules or are going to commit any crimes in the future.”

Nov 17, 2020

[..]

“There is no reason for me to invest the time and resources of my probation department in supervising you,” Oda said. The judge said probation is not punishment, but “it is an opportunity to demonstrate why the stated prison term of 12 months in prison should not be imposed.”

To Richardson, Oda concluded, “There is nothing in the three years I have been supervising you Ms. Richardson that leads me to believe you do not follow the rules or are going to commit any crimes in the future.”

Ummm, Ummmm.

I have friends of friends that they indeed have to pay for their probation. What? That is part of probations etc. is it not? WTF.

Headed back into the yard to mow and trim and vent.

This is just so unbelievable.

I wish I lived in that jurisdiction as I would be doing shout outs... but sitting on hands as across the country.

Nov 17, 2020

[..]

Or get caught, ever again.

Or get caught, ever again.

Agree, but I'm not sure that would even matter, given how this case has been adjudicated thus far.

I have a colleague who has used this as a case study and moot court scenario, altering the race, gender and income bracket of the defendant, and then tracking if/how the opinions and arguments of her classes change as a result.

I feel for the baby's father and family.

Agree, but I'm not sure that would even matter, given how this case has been adjudicated thus far.

I have a colleague who has used this as a case study and moot court scenario, altering the race, gender and income bracket of the defendant, and then tracking if/how the opinions and arguments of her classes change as a result.

I feel for the baby's father and family.
Interesting. Although Moot court is all argument and briefing and without a jury, which is so different. Mock trial, yes that would involve a jury. I have no doubt this case would turn out differently in her case study. I also am an attorney and unfortunately have little faith in the jury system.

I`ve now read all threads on this case and multiple online articles and watched most parts of Law and Crime.

And I´m still not sure about this. IMO, it`s a difficult case. On the one hand, there ist strong evidence for Annabelle being killed or deliberately neglected after birth, so that she finally died on her own quickly (for example not fetching her out of the toilet, not calling ambulance for suction of airways). Maybe BSR just did nothing and let it happen. Undoubtedly she didn`t want to have that baby. She hid the pregnancy, even after being told by the Dr how far along she was. She googled "how to get rid of a baby" in a LATE pregnancy state and consumed those birth control pills. She was told by her mother, her life would be over and there would be no college. She was grossly immature. She clearly was not prepared to handle an living baby, bc she hadn`t told anyone when birth happened. There was a lot of pressure on her, she surely felt desperate, so I think it`s not unlikely that she in fact got away with a homicide.

On the other hand, there was her ED, which could have let to growth restriction and stillbirth. She also had a completely unassisted birth, so Annabelle could have died during the birth process due to lack of oxygen or other complications. Or - and that`s what is haunting me a little - BSR thought that Annabelle was dead and buried her alive, but in fact she was not and could have been saved.

BSR`s behaviour (telling no one, not getting help, ED, no prenatal care) probably resulted in the death of the baby, no matter in which way, but unfortunately we will never know if she deliberately killed her...

What I don`t understand, is the following:

BSR is decribed as a very smart or "book-smart" girl. But that doesn`t go well will the decisions she made, respectively made not:

- Having unprotected sex AND didn`t go for the morning after pill instantly and
- Not doing a home pregnancy test 4 weeks after having unprotected sex to make sure she`s not pregnant

This is what a "smart girl" would do. So, she would, in case of pregnancy, have had all the choices - early abortion, or keeping the baby, or give it up for adoption.

Especially when a 17-year-old girl decides to go for early abortion, this would have remained a secret; nobody should have none about it, not even her parents. (And she shouldn't have been afraid for her figure, not having an afterbirth belly, not having stretch marks, etc). So
why didn't she take advantage of this opportunity? It would have been the easiest way out for her.

Or are the US laws concerning abortion in minors stricter than in Germany? Here minors can have abortions without their parents' knowledge and consent, if the Dr considered them mature enough (17-year old girl? No problem at all...)

Last but not least I feel sorry for baby Annabelle and can`t help feeling sorry for BSR too. She saw Annabelle as a threat to her "perfect life". But I think her existence could also have meant an enrichment. She would have been a person who would probably have loved BSR all her life.

Only losers in this case, no winners...

I`ve now read all threads on this case and multiple online articles and watched most parts of Law and Crime.

And I´m still not sure about this. IMO, it`s a difficult case. On the one hand, there ist strong evidence for Annabelle being killed or deliberately neglected after birth, so that she finally died on her own quickly (for example not fetching her out of the toilet, not calling ambulance for suction of airways). Maybe BSR just did nothing and let it happen. Undoubtedly she didn`t want to have that baby. She hid the pregnancy, even after being told by the Dr how far along she was. She googled "how to get rid of a baby" in a LATE pregnancy state and consumed those birth control pills. She was told by her mother, her life would be over and there would be no college. She was grossly immature. She clearly was not prepared to handle an living baby, bc she hadn`t told anyone when birth happened. There was a lot of pressure on her, she surely felt desperate, so I think it`s not unlikely that she in fact got away with a homicide.

On the other hand, there was her ED, which could have let to growth restriction and stillbirth. She also had a completely unassisted birth, so Annabelle could have died during the birth process due to lack of oxygen or other complications. Or - and that`s what is haunting me a little - BSR thought that Annabelle was dead and buried her alive, but in fact she was not and could have been saved.

BSR`s behaviour (telling no one, not getting help, ED, no prenatal care) probably resulted in the death of the baby, no matter in which way, but unfortunately we will never know if she deliberately killed her...

What I don`t understand, is the following:

BSR is decribed as a very smart or "book-smart" girl. But that doesn`t go well will the decisions she made, respectively made not:

- Having unprotected sex AND didn`t go for the morning after pill instantly and
- Not doing a home pregnancy test 4 weeks after having unprotected sex to make sure she`s not pregnant

This is what a "smart girl" would do. So, she would, in case of pregnancy, have had all the choices - early abortion, or keeping the baby, or give it up for adoption.

Especially when a 17-year-old girl decides to go for early abortion, this would have remained a secret; nobody should have none about it, not even her parents. (And she shouldn't have been afraid for her figure, not having an afterbirth belly, not having stretch marks, etc). So
why didn't she take advantage of this opportunity? It would have been the easiest way out for her.

Or are the US laws concerning abortion in minors stricter than in Germany? Here minors can have abortions without their parents' knowledge and consent, if the Dr considered them mature enough (17-year old girl? No problem at all...)

Last but not least I feel sorry for baby Annabelle and can`t help feeling sorry for BSR too. She saw Annabelle as a threat to her "perfect life". But I think her existence could also have meant an enrichment. She would have been a person who would probably have loved BSR all her life.

Only losers in this case, no winners...

BBM. It is illegal in Ohio for a minor to have an abortion without the permission of at least one parent. All abortions after 20 wks are illegal in Ohio unless it is deemed a medical necessity. I agree with you, there are no winners in this case. But BSR, even with years of therapy, is still going to strive for that "perfect" life her mother has drilled into her all of her life and that is very unfortunate. BSR is a teenager with an eating disorder which is both a physical as well as a mental disorder. She may be out of jail and no longer on probation but I doubt she is well.

When my DD was a teen, she had a close friend who was a cheerleader with an eating disorder. Her parents were wealthy and her mother was constantly involved in throwing slumber parties for her daughter's friends in their mansion and at their lake house. The teen married right out of high school. Her husband went to work for her father's financial services company. But the very skinny young woman had a great deal of trouble getting pregnant and carrying the baby to full term.

Today, that friend is 32 yo. She's had four IVF procedures. All four births were problematic. Two babies were very premature, one of them died within an hour. Yet, she tried again. Her most recent baby was 3 months premature. Through it all, the mother and grandmother are on social media almost daily posting professional photographs of their "perfect" family. What concerns her friends the most is the additional physical toll those pregnancies have taken on this young mother in her continuing quest for perfection.

JMO

What does "BBM" mean... ?:rolleyes:

Ah, ok. So it`s different to Germany... all abortions after 12 weeks are illegal here, unless it is deemed a medical necessity, but abortions of minors are less strict as in Ohio then. So it makes sense to me this girl didn`t spoke out in the first couple of weeks, she was 17 back then... Seems to me a very dysfunctional family at all. I had some friends in high school who were struggling with ED`s. This kind of disorders can be life-ruining or -ending. One of those girls died at the age of 19... she was hospitalized when a breakdown occured, she then weighed no 60 pounds by (assumed) 1,70 m. It was just too late und her organs failed. :( There also were high exspectations in that family and a "perfect" outer surface to maintain. So sad.

Ah, ok. So it`s different to Germany... all abortions after 12 weeks are illegal here, unless it is deemed a medical necessity, but abortions of minors are less strict as in Ohio then. So it makes sense to me this girl didn`t spoke out in the first couple of weeks, she was 17 back then... Seems to me a very dysfunctional family at all. I had some friends in high school who were struggling with ED`s. This kind of disorders can be life-ruining or -ending. One of those girls died at the age of 19... she was hospitalized when a breakdown occured, she then weighed no 60 pounds by (assumed) 1,70 m. It was just too late und her organs failed. :( There also were high exspectations in that family and a "perfect" outer surface to maintain. So sad.

BBM= Bolded By Me.

What bothered me so much about the BSR trial is that the prosecutor seemed more interested in his media exposure than he was with the facts of the case.

I would have thought Germany would have had more liberal abortion laws. I just looked it up to see the full law and it's legal after the first trimester if the mother's health is endangered and that includes reasons of medical necessity, sexual crimes, or serious social or emotional distress.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back