OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

One of 10 bodies found at a home on Cleveland's east side has been identified.Cuyahoga County Coroner Dr. Frank Miller said the remains of Tonia Carmichael, who went missing in November 2008, were found at Anthony Sowell's home last week. The remains were identified through DNA. Carmichael's family was notified Wednesday.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/21522967/detail.html

BBM

Sadly, I have encountered other LE agencies like this, and as a researcher of Missing and Unidentified Persons, there are thousands of bodies out there that will remain nameless because the police wouldn't take the report.

Sometimes we forget that LE is paid with our tax money. Seriously, lets say you worked at a convienience store, but you refused to sell gasoline. How long would you have your job???? Well, it's their job to take missing persons reports.

My sympathy goes out to Tonia and her caring family.

How does this many women in one city disappear and LE not be concerned? Surely all of these women were not ladies of the night. Seems they were of all ages also. Well, I guess I should wait for IDs before I lose it.

I am not shocked at all at the lack of caring by the LE. Yes, Ohioans should be up in arms, but they aren't. Honestly, those that live in the suburbs don't usually care what's going on in the inner city. It's the ghetto. And as long as it stays where it is, and doesn't seep into the "good neighborhoods" no one cares. I grew up in the suburbs mostly, but a lot of my friends/family were from the inner city. This is the mentality that I witnessed. It's like a jungle. Everyone is on their own. Now with the national (and even international attention) they'll scramble to get their act together. CPD is a joke.

Cleveland LE sure have a lot of explaining to do. Heads should roll on this one, hopefully. How can you ignore anyone's missing report just because of their social standing. How can you turn down the founder of the FBI's BAU department for help? What the HE77 were they thinking?

A lot of police departments are like that and don't want any one else becoming involved in THEIR investigation. I think it is a mixture of ego and when the case is solved they want all of the glory and don't want to share it.

A lot of people aren't looked for when LE considers them low life or disposable people..like homeless or hookers, addicts, etc. They just don't measure up as being of any value so LE doesn't try to hard to find them if a loved one reports them missing. You see this everywhere. Bless the LE who doesn't think like this and realize that everyone is someones loved one.

How does this many women in one city disappear and LE not be concerned? Surely all of these women were not ladies of the night. Seems they were of all ages also. Well, I guess I should wait for IDs before I lose it.

Even if they were all prostitutes...other prostitues knew they were missing! The serial killer that killed those prostitues in Atlantic City....others reported them missing

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-sowell-arrest-women-strangled-txt,0,5533112.story

Suspected Cleveland Serial Killer's First Victim Identified

The first of 11 suspected serial killing victims has been identified as 52-year-old Tonia Carmichael.

From the above article:

But McGrath says, "We will not know until we identify the victims and understand their way of life, how they existed in the community. It would not surprise me if some of these victims, there is not a missing persons report for."
BBM

Gee, Chief McGrath, I wonder if that would have anything to do with your officers refusing to take the reports from concerned family members! :waitasec:Of course it won't surprise him because he's probably already aware of this type of misconduct. The officers these families went to for help understood "their way of life" or their preconception of it and this is probably the reason for the absence of any missing persons reports. So, so shameful.

One (and only one) of the Powers That Be will resign. End of story for the Cleveland LE. They did the right thing.
IMO

Heard about this over here but nothing since ....

Shocking shocking shocking!!

Did I hear on my local news KDKA Pittsburgh.........10 bodies and 1 head wrapped up in a bucket but doesn't have a body for it?

chills!

One of my friends just said this:

My condolences to your friend Bee. I saw Toni's daughter and mother on the Early Show this morning and my heart just broke for them. They said next week would be one year since she went missing. They showed a lot of pictures and it struck me how happy she seemed in all of them. So, so sad and horrific. I hope the family can eventually find peace.

NG covering this case right now..........
This monster already served 15 years for rape, was given anger management classes etc.
He should of been 'under watch' as a dangerous person according to NG.
He is being looked into other missing women in Concord CA and S. Carolina
where he was in USMC for 8 years!
He strangled his poor victims with cords and left it on the bodies.
He is under special care and dressed in paper uniforms so he can't do suicide.

Trolled a sex site after he got out of jail.
Now insanity lawyers say.
I lawyer said LE has to PROVE he did the crime.
OH why do I watch this!

Another lady came forward from SC and thinks Sowell raped her.
Sowell just moved in the house 2005.

Watching NG:

* in order to tear down walls, etc to look for more bodies, police need to obtain a special warrant. That is the reason for no additional searching today.

* the reason the coroner was able to be able to determine COD (strangulation) so quickly on many of the victims is because the ligatures were still around their necks.

* listening to Tonia's daughter talk about her mom- heartbreaking- she loved horseback riding and playing the slots, going to Vegas and the Bahamas. Has 3 children-two daughters and a son. Very much a family person. Daughter thanked Nancy for giving a forum for the families to talk and tell the real story about these women. To get the truth out there about them. (I for one would like to hear the truth and not assumptions made about their lifestyles)

* Tonia was the first one recovered from the house

* Sowell is in the psych ward in the jail- NG said she can tell this because of the paper clothes he wore to his hearing today.

* Pat Brown states there is no way he just started committing these crimes when he got out of jail, in her opinion.

Side note: I REALLY wish these shows would quit showing the aerial shots of the police recovering the bodies from the back yard. You can clearly see a body still in the ground in some of the shots. Out of respect for these victims I do not think they should be showing that. It irks me that that news copter was even up there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back