OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

I hope they follow through on this. There's way too many people missing from that area.

fran

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/cuyahoga_county_considers_miss.html

Cuyahoga County considers missing persons unit

In the wake of the Imperial Avenue stranglings, Cuyahoga County officials are considering tactics to more easily find missing people.

<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

Telacia Fortson remembered at funeral; she was a victim of a suspected serial killer

CLEVELAND, Ohio &#8212; The life of Telacia Fortson, a victim of a suspected serial killer, was celebrated today at an emotional ceremony that called on the community to unite as it copes with a still-unfolding tragedy.

The funeral - the first for any of the victims removed from a house on Imperial Avenue - overwhelmed Fortson's adoptive mother, Inez Fortson, who began hyperventilating and was taken to a hospital, Rev. Ivory Jones III said during the service. A family spokeswoman said after the service that Inez Fortson was stable.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/telacia_fortson_remembered_at.html

R.I.P. Telacia :rose:

Anyone local on this? I was wondering what new developments were. My mom, who is not one to exaggerate said she heard on the radio that the smell had come back "with a vengeance" and they were going to search the house next door! :eek: I can't see how you could not know that there was a body in your own home, no matter how much the neighbors house smelled and I have smelled human decomp before. We are in Virginia and are stuck in that big storm with no power and I can only turn the laptop on for short periods to save power so that I can keep checking for my son's school closings so the only thing I have seen is something about checking the neighbors house as a precaution.

TIA!

Neighbor: Sowell said, 'It's all going to come out' after bodies found

Cleveland, Ohio (CNN) -- Upon hearing that police had found two bodies at his home, murder suspect Anthony Sowell said, "It's all going to come out now," according to a neighbor.

Debbie Madison, 54, can see Sowell's house from her front porch. He moved into the Cleveland, Ohio, home in 2005 after serving 15 years in prison for an attempted rape conviction. But Madison said she never saw him until about two years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/12/cleveland.bodies/

I wanted more information about this encounter since the beginning, when they reported he caught a ride from his sister's house with a neighbor. Thank God she was unharmed. How scary.

Neighbor: Sowell said, 'It's all going to come out' after bodies found

Cleveland, Ohio (CNN) -- Upon hearing that police had found two bodies at his home, murder suspect Anthony Sowell said, "It's all going to come out now," according to a neighbor.

Debbie Madison, 54, can see Sowell's house from her front porch. He moved into the Cleveland, Ohio, home in 2005 after serving 15 years in prison for an attempted rape conviction. But Madison said she never saw him until about two years ago.

I wanted more information about this encounter since the beginning, when they reported he caught a ride from his sister's house with a neighbor. Thank God she was unharmed. How scary.

I'm wondering if the "that girl" Sowell is referring to in this article is an imaginary, fictional person. I bet that he was not was referring to the mayor's niece (as the article indicates) or any real person. The "that girl" is probably one of the voices in his head.

I'm wondering if the "that girl" Sowell is referring to in this article is an imaginary, fictional person. I bet that he was not was referring to the mayor's niece (as the article indicates) or any real person. The "that girl" is probably one of the voices in his head.

I question who that girl is too. Obviously this guy is a mental case. I wonder if there are some voices talking in his head.

This guy was arrested in 2008 and let go...

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/sowells_arrest_release_in_2008.html

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLEVELAND_BODIES_FOUND?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Man pleads not guilty in case that led to bodies

CLEVELAND (AP) -- A registered sex offender pleaded not guilty Friday to an alleged attack that prompted a search and the discovery of 11 bodies at his home.

Anthony Sowell, 50, appeared in court Friday and entered not guilty pleas to counts of rape, kidnapping, attempted murder and felonious assault. The charges stem from Sowell's arrest last month in a Sept. 22 sexual attack - accusations that led to the search of his home.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From the above article:

"Police said Oct. 30 that the victim, a 40-year-old Cleveland woman, did not want to talk to detectives and that's why no charges were filed against Sowell. But Cleveland Prosecutor Victor Perez offered a different explanation Thursday, saying charges were not filed in part because a detective on the case told prosecutors the victim was not credible.

Perez's statement raises questions about how seriously police and prosecutors dealt with women who came forward to accuse Sowell -- now charged with multiple murders -- of attacking them. "

...and how many of Sowell's victims were missing since Dec 08?

SMH

This article gives information about donations for the families of victims. Finally.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/grieving_moms_suspect_sowell_t.html

Grieving moms suspect Sowell took down their missing-person fliers

A spokeswoman for the Mount Pleasant Ministerial Alliance provided details of a centralized effort to raise funds for the women's funerals. Donations will be shared equally with the 11 families. Cash donations to the Imperial Families Memorial Fund may be made at any US Bank.

Still, people in Thursday's audience were eager to help immediately, and they urged the victims' families to share any needs such as travel costs for out-of-town relatives.

------------------------------------------------

When she got there, Sowell was there, sitting on the couch, she said, "just like it was another day."

"I said, 'Tony, police are at your house and they're saying they found two bodies over there,' and he jumped up," she said.

"I said, 'I'll take you back to the police so you can talk with them.' He looked like he was gonna run."

Why would the neighbor go over to the sister's house after she knew that LE found 2 bodies in there????

And then, she gets into a car with this guy. That's crazy.

When she got there, Sowell was there, sitting on the couch, she said, "just like it was another day."

"I said, 'Tony, police are at your house and they're saying they found two bodies over there,' and he jumped up," she said.

"I said, 'I'll take you back to the police so you can talk with them.' He looked like he was gonna run."

Why would the neighbor go over to the sister's house after she knew that LE found 2 bodies in there????

And then, she gets into a car with this guy. That's crazy.

In earlier reports, it was said that she went over to the sister's house because she thought that AS was one of the bodies that police discovered. It was said that she went over there to let his sister know that "something was going on at the house".

Yes, it was extremely foolish to get in a car with a person that you know just had bodies discovered at his house. I, myself, would have left him there and notified LE immediately of his whereabouts. She may have thought she was helping LE by having him turn himself in right away. She then, possibly, took him back to his sister's house upon his request because she was afraid for her own life after his revelations on the ride back to Imperial Ave. Thankfully, this was the right thing to do as I fear she wouldn't be here to tell about this encounter had she not done what he told her to do. He could have very easily killed her and taken off with her car. Remember, the reports of this ride from his sister's home came out very early on. Because of this, I believe Debbie M. contacted LE right away, even though I've never seen it reported that she did. This woman is probably going to be a key witness for the State of Ohio. She was the first to get somewhat of a confession from AS. I'm of the opinion that DM is blessed to be with us today. How frightening.

Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath talks about Anthony Sowell case

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Questions have been raised across the community about what could have been done to prevent the horror found at Imperial Avenue, where police uncovered the bodies of 11 women from Anthony Sowell's home.

Some lamented the breakdown of community, where neighbors did not notice something was amiss. Others have accused the police of being slow to react to reports of missing women because they had criminal records and used drugs.

Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath and members of the police staff sat with Plain Dealer reporter Mark Puente Friday for a wide-ranging interview that lasted more than an hour. McGrath was commander of the 4th Police District, which includes the neighborhood around Sowell's home, before becoming chief in 2005. The answers are from McGrath unless otherwise noted:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/cleveland_police_chief_michael_2.html

FBI agents at Anthony Sowell's house to search for more bodies with thermal imaging

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- FBI technicians began thermal-imaging tests Friday to search the areas around Anthony Sowell's house on Imperial Avenue for any additional remains or evidence in connection with the 11 bodies found in his home and yard.

The FBI, under the direction of the 'Cleveland Police Department's homicide unit, began the imaging an hour after sundown, said Lt. Thomas Stacho, the police spokesman.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/fbi_agents_at_anthony_sowells.html

I wonder if there really are more bodies or if the stench invades the soil and walls of the home etc. I'm curious if they found anything last night.

I personally feel that Sowell had many more victims than the eleven that were already found in his home. There's the interview earlier in the case, with a neighbor businessman who said that for the past two years Sowell had been placing duct tape sealed plastic bags in their dumpster and the bags reeked. They smelled so bad that he asked an employee to pour bleach in the dumpster and they'd close the lid.

JMHO
fran

I wonder if the smell that we've been hearing about coming back over the last week is from a combination of the unseasonably warm weather in the Cleveland area and the ground being disturbed around the decomposing bodies that were unearthed the week before? I hope that is all it is, anyway. Although, I do hope they are able to locate the rest of Leshanda's remains. It has to be horrifying for her family knowing that only a piece of her was found. I guess we'll learn about anything they discover soon enough.

I also wonder why the 11th victim hasn't been identified yet? I want for the families of the missing to be able to move on by knowing if No.11 is their loved one or not. So her family can have some closure by laying her to rest properly and so the families of the still missing can move forward in their search for their loved one .

Officials' explanations differ on why Anthony Sowell was freed after '08 arrest; police, prosecutor now say evidence was lacking

Two weeks ago, police said the woman in the 2008 case did not want to cooperate with detectives.

Thursday, City Prosecutor Victor Perez told The Plain Dealer that a detective who presented the case to an assistant city prosecutor said the woman was not credible. The prosecutor then determined there was not enough evidence to file charges.

Friday, The Associated Press reported that Lt. Thomas Stacho, the Cleveland police spokesman, said it was a prosecutor, not the detective, who deemed the woman not credible.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/explanations_differ_on_why_ant.html

OOPSIE!

CLEVELAND (AP) -- FBI agents are digging through the backyard of a Cleveland home where the remains of 11 women have been found.

The agents used rakes and shovels Saturday in their search for evidence in the yard of suspected serial killer Anthony Sowell. One agent had a tape measure, while another took pictures and a third marked locations with orange paint.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLEVELAND_BODIES_FOUND?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back