OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

I know, right?!

I feel sorry for the poor sausage people! Every time I think of the sausage place I get shades of Robert pickton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pickton

Let us hope and pray he didn't get creative in his disposal!

Also, thinking of the Somer Thompson case... and how hard (if not impossible) it would have been to find her if they had even waited a DAY you have to wonder if while out on his bus trips he wasn't making use of dumpsters around the city!

How will they EVER be able to completely figure out the true breadth of this man's destruction of human life!

OK. I was eating dinner. Thanks for the weight loss.:sick:

why 5 murder charges with 6 confirmed bodies?

Someone brought up this point some posts ago.....perhaps the sixth body was the Stepmom that was supposively in a nursing home.
Maybe after his dad passed, he just "did away" with his stepmom and she really never went to a nursing home??? Or she passed on her own thats why there isnt a 6th murder charge and he was collecting her SS money? People may have thought she was still alive and he was hiding her body all along?

I can't believe this guy got away with killing so many women (assuming they are all women) for so long. So sad.

I am not surprised. It's a poor area and some of these women could have been homeless, or have substance abuse issues, unemployed, etc.
They go missing, police aren't all that concerned as if that many women from a rich area went missing.

And this guy has probation or parole dropping by and not wondering about the stink?
Is this true?

In 2007, a report was filed with the health department about a stench coming from the house, and another report was filed in 2008 from another neighbor. CNN called the local health department and they stated that they did not know if the report was followed up on, but that they get 20,000 reports a year.

http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Sal...nd-in-Anthony-Sowells-home-and-a-skull-bucket

So people reported the stench to the health department but not the police? I find that hard to believe. I guess it's possible that the writer of the article is misinformed and the reports were actually filed about Ray's and not the Imperial St. home. But, if there were reports filed with the health dept about a stench coming from the home, I would imagine those same people would have reported to the police, as well.

IIRC, this home has been in his family for many years, it was his grandfather's before it was his father's. Ray's has been there longer than AS has been alive. Absent the years he was in prison, how long has he been doing this and using this home as a burial ground? It's not like he wouldn't have known early on in his criminal mind that right next door to a meat factory is almost the perfect place to conceal the stench of a decomposing body. The smell would likely be blamed on the establishment, as was seemingly the case here. I get the feeling that he just started leaving bodies lying around the house because he was running out of room elsewhere. So sad.

The most recent woman that escaped said she was taken to the second floor where she was attacked. It's almost like he was moving down floor by floor, turning each one into a torture chamber and burial ground until he ran out of room and moved to the next floor. Or, maybe he lured them to the second floor first, rendered them helpless and then moved them upstairs. Either way, I think his ultimate plan was to turn each floor into his own personal trophy case.

These poor victims, regardless of their lifestyles, regardless of their decisions in life, deserved better than this. This animal had reached the point of no return. He reached the point where his hunger for dominance and imposing degradation and control could no longer be satisfied. What a sick, low and despicable piece of filth Anthony Sowell is. There's an especially hot spot in hell made just for this piece of garbage. What an Asowell! (Acehole :blushing: )

I am not surprised. It's a poor area and some of these women could have been homeless, or have substance abuse issues, unemployed, etc.
They go missing, police aren't all that concerned as if that many women from a rich area went missing.

But the victims haven't been identified yet,it could possibly be that LE was never notified that they were missing. I'll hold judgement until after they are identified,and family notified...then we'll know a little more.

But the victims haven't been identified yet,it could possibly be that LE was never notified that they were missing. I'll hold judgement until after they are identified,and family notified...then we'll know a little more.

If they were homeless or runway some might have not even been reported missing.

One local news source is now saying eleven bodies.Hasn't he only lived there since '05?

I've been looking on our missing forum and haven't even found any missing women from that area. I am anxious to learn who these women are and where he found them.

This just makes me so sick. Why could he get away with this so long with the smell of his home like that??? I want answers!!!

So people reported the stench to the health department but not the police? I find that hard to believe. I guess it's possible that the writer of the article is misinformed and the reports were actually filed about Ray's and not the Imperial St. home. But, if there were reports filed with the health dept about a stench coming from the home, I would imagine those same people would have reported to the police, as well.

The various articles seem to imply that nobody was quite sure where the smell was coming from. In the ordinary course of affairs, you run into more stinky sausage shops than you do serial killers burying corpses in the back yard, so their sewer connection, etc. were the most obvious place to start.

Yep- front page of MSN. 4 more bodies have been found. They found them in the back yard buried. They are also checking vacant houses in the neighborhood.

This is going to be a Dahmer/Gacy/Baumeister like situation. He couldn't get rid of the bodies fast enough, so he just started keeping them at home. If he hadn't kept them so close, he probably would have been discovered- he could control the bodies and who had access to his home. There will be more I'm afraid.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33604787/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

uggg, I'm so sickened.
a vomitous neighborhood. :sick:

As sad and disgusting and sick and twisted and deranged as this is, at least 10 families will finally know where their loved ones are. That is the only thing I can think about. the rest is too disturbing

the lone skull in a bucket bothers me....

Why? most obviously this predator surrounded himself with his kills. We have not heard that any of the other bodies were scattered.. in fact, five of them have been determined to have been strangled which means their heads were associated with their bodies...

either body number six did NOT have a head (and it was found today in the bucket) , or body six was decomposed too badly to determine COD and the skull is from another body yet found.

We know this man rode the bus. Could he have killed elsewhere and brought back a little reminder with him to his sickening shrine? Will more "lone" parts be found there?

The smell was so bad, everyone thought it was coming from a sausage factory nearby. The factory owner even changed his grease traps to alleviate the smell he thought his company was producing. OMG! This IS another Jeffery Dahmer. This man was a sex offender and he was checked on by LE at his home on Sept 22nd!!!

Did anyone notice the big garbage dumpster right by the house? (I assume it was behind the sausage shop)

the lone skull in a bucket bothers me....

Why? most obviously this predator surrounded himself with his kills. We have not heard that any of the other bodies were scattered.. in fact, five of them have been determined to have been strangled which means their heads were associated with their bodies...

either body number six did NOT have a head (and it was found today in the bucket) , or body six was decomposed too badly to determine COD and the skull is from another body yet found.

We know this man rode the bus. Could he have killed elsewhere and brought back a little reminder with him to his sickening shrine? Will more "lone" parts be found there?

Cleveland.com is saying death count at 11....

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/body_count_at_anthony_sowells.html

As sad and disgusting and sick and twisted and deranged as this is, at least 10 families will finally know where their loved ones are. That is the only thing I can think about. the rest is too disturbing

I hope and pray they are all identified quickly.

If it smelled so bad that the sausage factory office workers had to leave their office at times, it is very hard to understand why he wasn't caught sooner, but then again it's hard to understand why the police brought that poor boy back to Dahmer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back