GUILTY OH - Ashley Zhao, 5, Jackson Township, 10 Jan 2017

I don't know the Zhou family's routine, but as the mom of a 5-year old, I am shocked to hear *any* 5-year old would willingly go for a nap, let alone one at 5pm! Hoping and praying for Ashley's safe and soon return...

I am wondering if there was a tv or a video game set up in that room. If she was at her family's restaurant then I could see her being bored and maybe wanting to go into the back room and watch cartoons or something.

I wonder if the rest rooms are back there too? Could someone have stumbled upon her accidentally while looking for the wash room?

A township woman said the child would have never left the restaurant where her parents worked without at least one of them by her side.

"Her parents are very protective of her. She couldn't attend a birthday party unless one of the parents was able to be with her," she said. "When the girls had a playdate, I would take my daughter into the restaurant where her parents work."

Ashley is also called JoJo.

http://www.indeonline.com/news/20170110/update-statewide-alert-issued-for-girl-missing-in-jackson

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...or/Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Children/Zhao

My daughter has had to be in the restaurant where my husband works and laid down in the backroom. They tend not to be very heated so wearing a coat would be normal.
It may be a cultural thing if they do not want the media involved.

Usually the back doors are kept unlocked and at times open.
I think the family is very private and maybe just won't or don't want to believe she was taken.
I hope Ashley is found safe.

All MOO!!!!

http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1286008/1/screen

NCMC1286008c1.jpg

She went to sleep with her coat on? Is there a couch or a bed in the back? Did she normally do this? Is school out still in Ohio? We just went back yesterday but I'm in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on when she turned 5, she might not be in kindergarten yet.

Not saying this is the case, but could immigration status be a reason that the family didn't want the help of the media?

Went on the ANGS fb listed upthread. These people are very hardworking. They make posts on fb when they can't open due to illness. Sounds like they are overworked and understaffed, could be why mom couldn't check on Ashley for so long. I do not judge them for this. My heart breaks for this family
Please let this child be found safe and sound.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Went on the ANGS fb listed upthread. These people are very hardworking. They make posts on fb when they can't open due to illness. Sounds like they are overworked and understaffed, could be why mom couldn't check on Ashley for so long. I do not judge them for this. My heart breaks for this family
Please let this child be found safe and sound.

Yes, no judgement here.

The amount of time elapsed is concerning and odd. I keep thinking my kids would have been really hungry and thirsty by dinner time. I wonder if there was a room set up for her that had toys, food, water etc. Otherwise...my fear is she was gone several hours before police were called. A small child can get quite far. I hope she is found asap.

It's strange to me the le stating they don't feel she was abducted. Even if they have CCTV footage of her exiting back of restaurant by herself (nobody said this I'm just supposing), she could very easily have been grabbed by someone that saw an opportunity. I find that idea to be highly probable.

It's strange to me the le stating they don't feel she was abducted. Even if they have CCTV footage of her exiting back of restaurant by herself (nobody said this I'm just supposing), she could very easily have been grabbed by someone that saw an opportunity. I find that idea to be highly probable.

Thanks.
I was just thinking the same thing.

I do not feel good about the amount of time she has been missing. I don't fault the parents for not walking to talk to media.

I do think that is a HUGE time gap where anything could have happened and that is terrifying.

I do not feel good about the amount of time she has been missing. I don't fault the parents for not walking to talk to media.

I do think that is a HUGE time gap where anything could have happened and that is terrifying.

I agree. That time gap is awful. It's JMO, but I think she was missing most of it. :( . I just can't imagine a child that age not asking for food, being bored and wanting mom/dad...something...for hours. That time gap is very, very troublesome. Now we're talking next day and she's still gone. I am so scared for this little one. That's A LOT of time passed.

I agree. That time gap is awful. It's JMO, but I think she was missing most of it. :( . I just can't imagine a child that age not asking for food, being bored and wanting mom/dad...something...for hours. That time gap is very, very troublesome. Now we're talking next day and she's still gone. I am so scared for this little one. That's A LOT of time passed.

I take my grandkids to work, 2 are school age, so just when their home sick from school or on a school break. The other 1 just turned 4 and I take him at least once a week. Have a room set up, feed him lunch and he has gone after lunch and taken a 3-4 hour nap, this is a kid who has not napped at home since he was 2. I try to check on him often, but at 4 he's capable of coming to where I am. He's also an escape artist, so the door leading outside is locked and has a chime connected to the alarm system.

If this is legit I feel bad for the parents, we don't always think in advance of safety issues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back