Found Deceased OH - Braylen Noble, 3, non-verbal, Toledo, 4 Sept 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A woman named "Bobbie" placed the call to 911, starting calmly and growing increasingly upset as the call progresses. Another woman is heard in the background during the call as well who is giving Bobbie information such as the apartment number and what Braylen's last name is.

"He crawled out this window of these apartments," Bobbie is heard saying.

"Do you think he's hurt?" the dispatcher asks.

"I'm hoping he's not. I'm hoping he's OK, but we don't know where he's at. We walked the whole grounds," she responds.

During the call, it's reported that Braylen was wearing a shirt and a pull-up type diaper.

The woman said they searched for him for about a half-hour before making the call. The dispatcher inquires where the woman has searched for the child, and "Bobbie" says the inside of the apartment as well as outside has been searched.

The 911 call lasts about 3 minutes and 35 seconds.

Toledo Police seek missing 3-year-old child Braylen Noble | wtol.com

Volunteers are still signing up for the search at the gazebo at the Hunters Ridge Apartments, although there were fewer volunteers Tuesday morning than Monday and over the weekend.

The search coordinator and said around 15 volunteers were out searching as of noon around the complex.

Searchers are planting orange flags if they see anything suspicious as well as to mark places they’ve already searched.

Police were out here at the complex Monday following up on tips, knocking on doors and re-interviewing people.

We also learned yesterday the FBI was searching a trash storage location in Michigan.

One volunteer says it’s his first time out there Tuesday morning but he’s ready to contribute to find Braylen any way he can.

"I happen to know these woods real well. I used to live in this apartment complex. I used to run my dogs back in the woods so I figured knowing the terrain would maybe be helpful," said Jesse Jordan.

The FBI continues to assist Toledo police in the search for Braylen

Something about this just doesn't make sense to me the window theory is so unusual. It would be more possible that he could have gotten out the front or a back door while the mother was upstairs out on the balcony. I could see how that might happen but then again if he is developmentally delayed then he may not have been able to turn a door knob. No one has said that he had any delay other than speech but typically there is a global delay in motor skills with ASD kiddos. I pray that he is found safe but as time passes that seems less and less likely.

According to this, it was his mum whom made the call? Could it be her nickname. If it is his mum calling then we have to ask why she didnt use her name and not a nickname.

3-Year-Old Boy With Autism Missing After Family Says He Fell From Third-Story Window

Braylen Noble, 3, was reported missing from his Toledo home on Friday around noon, according to a press release from FBI Cleveland. His mother Dajnae Cox had called 911 dispatchers that afternoon, claiming that he fell from a window in their third-floor apartment, local outlet ABC 13 reports.

Toledo police on Tuesday released the 911 call placed Friday to alert police that Braylen is missing. You can click to listen below (exact address and phone number have been redacted):

911 Call - Missing 3-year-old Braylen Noble

[...]

The 911 call lasts about 3 minutes and 35 seconds.

(more at link)
Wait, what? At the 3:00 mark the dispatcher asks if they looked under the beds in the apartment and the caller says "We only have one bed in the apartment."

I thought the grandparents lived there too?

Also, the caller couldn't spell Braylen's name and didn't know his last name.

Last edited:
Wait, what? At the 3:00 mark the dispatcher asks if they looked under the beds in the apartment and the caller says "We only have one bed in the apartment."

I thought the grandparents lived there too?

Also, the caller couldn't spell Braylen's name and didn't know his last name.

I noticed that too. She also needs help remembering the address. There's another person talking in the background. I believe the background voice is the mom and the caller might be someone else. It sounds like an older voice to me than the mom's voice in this news video:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ubOs-jGNY7ejaisGe&ampcf=1&cshid=1599589419116

I may have missed it previously, but is there a father in the picture? Since the screen appeared to be pushed in, could someone have been outside and removed Braylen through the window?
Father was extradited to Michigan I think on 2 warrants. I don't kniw how long he's been gone.
As far as taking child through window, with a really tall ladder or what, it was reported to LE that it happened around noon. That would be difficult to do in broad daylight but idk.
Balcony and window circled in blue. Dumpsters circled in red.

View attachment 263011

Excellent file pic of overhead view.
Thank you.

The caller sounds more like a neighbor or acquaintance. She spelled Braylen's first name wrong, didn't know his last name, and didn't know what color shirt he had on. Also, there is only one bed? But she did say "we" only have one bed in the apartment, so maybe she does live there???

The caller sounds more like a neighbor or acquaintance. She spelled Braylen's first name wrong, didn't know his last name, and didn't know what color shirt he had on. Also, there is only one bed? But she did say "we" only have one bed in the apartment, so maybe she does live there???

I thought she also said (it was hard to hear so I could be wrong) that "we" changed his shirt and then she couldn't remember what shirt it was. So my first impression was that she participated in caregiving for him in one way or another.

MOO, but looking at video of Braylen
on his therapy bike, he keeps reaching to wall etc with flat hand. He isn't trying to pull himself forward. He seems to want to steady himself.
I know when we learn to ride a two wheeler, balance is scary. But he's riding multiple wheel bike with people on each side.
Maybe I'm making too much out of this, but I find it hard to believe he would even lean out an open third story window without being terrified...or go down flights of stairs alone without his hand held. (Or clutching someone's leg or being carried down.)

Toledo police also confirmed on Tuesday that detectives are investigating further after what sounds like the words "I killed him," are heard 18 seconds in during the 911 call that was released. Police confirmed on Tuesday that the caller is Braylen's grandmother.
All I could make out was something like "I ki..." Why would someone say "I killed him" during a 911 call when they'd know it would be recorded? It makes no sense. Also:

Police confirmed on Tuesday that the caller is Braylen's grandmother.

The identity of the person who spoke the words has not been confirmed by TPD.

I don't understand why the mother didn't place the 911 call herself. Precious time was wasted in having information clarified and relayed to the dispatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member