GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

I am disappointed that it's not Timmothy even though I didn't get my hopes up. From the start, I thought his story sounded too much like Jayme Closs's. Just too coincidental and I don't believe in coincidences.

The silver lining, however, is that since Timmothy's photo has been plastered all over television and the internet for the past 36 hours - and if he is alive - he might have recognized himself and start to question his identity. My heart goes out to the his dad and his extended family.

Not assigning blame, just asking: By the time the police report was typed up, reviewed and released to the public, LE already had an individual in their custody who had refused to submit to fingerprinting, so why did they not redact the information about Pitzen from the report? Someone correct this if it's wrong, but IIRC, police reports released to the public do not have to contain everything an individual said to LE, especially if it could compromise an ongoing investigation.

If this had been Timmothy, the worst that would have come out of waiting for DNA would have been a one-day wait to inform his family he'd been found. If this ever happens again, I'd much rather read that someone was charged with falsification for giving a MP's information after it was proven they were not that MP.

The saddest part is that if Timmothy was being raised by someone else who had good intentions, by now that person would have read the interviews with his family, the police reports, and even threads like this and would have known deep down that despite anything Amy might have said, his family is good people and they love him dearly. Despite any promises to Amy to keep him from the family, they should have returned him, and they had countless chances to do this over the years. Even if an underground group working against custody arrangements was initially involved, by now it's clear that the only person who wanted this child hidden had known mental health issues and is deceased.

On to more positive things, a sincere welcome to any newbies who might have found Websleuths after following this story on the news. Please feel free to read the threads here on Timmothy's case or that of any other MP. You're no doubt as upset as the rest of us that this lead was false, but maybe someone who was "called here" by the news coverage will actually end up making a huge difference in Timmothy's case or that of another MP.

#LATEST: Brian Rini’s latest mugshot. Booked in the Hamilton County (Ohio) Jail last night at 11:10PM according to jail website.

**For those following outside our area, Cincinnati is in Hamilton County. #wlwt @wlwt

View attachment 178117

Dan Griffin WLWT on Twitter
Well, I guess he thought if he shaved off his eyebrows but left the 5 o'clock shadow no one would notice he wasn't 24? wow. lock him up for good.

Well, it was nice speaking with you all. It's unfortunate that the last 48 hours ended like this, but I hope it can bring more attention to Timmothy. Hopefully, if Timmy is still out there, we will be able to see him and his family reunite soon. I really hope there's a good ending to this case, but we might never know :(

I am saying if a person comes up and says they are Timmothy and he would be 14 yrs old think a 24 year old looks like a 14 yr old

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around how LE thinks this 24 year old looks like a 14 year old? Then to top if off he refused to be fingerprinted. REALLY!

I don’t think they did. But they had to “go with it”, until facts were in.
Just like a person claiming to be a rape victim, they can’t accuse her of lying until they have facts.
IMO, there was a lot of snickering going on behind the scenes, among LE.
How could LE say “come on boy, ain’t no way you’re 14”?

I gotta hand it to the other sleuthers who saw right thru this. I really thought y'all were just jaded pessimists... I am disappointed I let my guard down. Normally I can see thru the BS like y'all. But I guess my hopes were just too high. I was hoping for another Shawn Hornbeck, Jaycee Dugard, Shasta Groene or Elizabeth Smart success story. . Glad I now know about Timmothy and I'll be sure to check in for updates occasionally.

I gotta hand it to the other sleuthers who saw right thru this. I really thought y'all were just jaded pessimists... I am disappointed I let my guard down. Normally I can see thru the BS like y'all. But I guess my hopes were just too high. I was hoping for another Shawn Hornbeck, Jaycee Dugard, Shasta Groene or Elizabeth Smart success story. . Glad I now know about Timmothy and I'll be sure to check in for updates occasionally.

I like to think of my self as a realist. Not a pessimist. The glass isn’t half full or half empty it just a number of ounces in it lol.

I do wonder why he’s in Hamilton County. Unless that’s the children’s hospital they took him to.

I guess that makes sense.

I do wonder why he’s in Hamilton County. Unless that’s the children’s hospital they took him to.

I guess that makes sense.
Twitter

For those following outside our area, Cincinnati is in Hamilton County.”

#LATEST: Brian Rini’s latest mugshot. Booked in the Hamilton County (Ohio) Jail last night at 11:10PM according to jail website.

**For those following outside our area, Cincinnati is in Hamilton County. #wlwt @wlwt

View attachment 178117

Dan Griffin WLWT on Twitter

Well that clears up that :) Thanks for finding and posting the up to date mugshot.

ETA: & now (or when I have a bit of spare time) I’m going back to the beginning & looking up timelines/places & any mapping that might have been done.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa