OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no :(
He searched so hard for his son, Brian.
This is truly the saddest news I have heard in quite sometime. :(

Prayers to Dereck and RIP, Mr. Shaffer.

Edited to add: I see in the obituary that they list Brian as still alive :(

Oh, No! This is just heartbreaking!! :( RIP Randy S.

In Baltimore in northern Fairfield County, neighbors on Clark Drive were asked to look for Shaffer after he didn't show up for his job with Midway Electric, said Waggoner.

His death leaves Derek Shaffer, Brian's 26-year-old brother, as possibly the last survivor of the family. "To go from four to one in such a short time is just sad," Waggoner said.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/liv...ffer.ART_ART_09-16-08_A5_KPBBCQG.html?sid=101

Bumping for Brian. Someone out there has the answers needed to bring him home.

I was there recently myself and no pictures were posted! It bothered me. More concerned with OSU football... I guess? Thank you for pointing that out, SoccerMom.

We have been a community concerned with Brians disappearance since April, 2006. But we have to live life too, just like Brians girlfriend Alexis. I bet she is excited about watching OSU football with her fiance. Our football program did not disappear with Brian.:twocents:

We have been a community concerned with Brians disappearance since April, 2006. But we have to live life too, just like Brians girlfriend Alexis. I bet she is excited about watching OSU football with her fiance. Our football program did not disappear with Brian.:twocents:
I agree Donna. I am a Buckeye fan, as well. But, why of all places that Brian goes missing there is not one single missing flyer of him (that I have seen)? That was my concern.

I don't know why they don't have fliers. Since Brians dad is now gone who knows was responsible for putting them all out there. Poor Derrik has alot on his plate and Alexis is probably busy with other things.:waitasec:

QUOTE=arielilane;2753890]I agree Donna. I am a Buckeye fan, as well. But, why of all places that Brian goes missing there is not one single missing flyer of him (that I have seen)? That was my concern.[/QUOTE]

I hope someone in the family or a friend takes up the torch where Randy Shaffer left off. Randy was the one organizing the searches and fund raisers. I really hope and pray someone in the family continues that and keeps Brian's disappearance in the public eye. Every one of Randy's family and friends knows how he threw his heart and soul into trying to find Brian and how important it was to him. I can't imagine that would just stop now. I don't know if it will be Derek or not...he's lost his entire family and although he needs time, I don't think all the time in the world will ever completely heal him from this. It's just unbelievable what that poor guy has been through.

I posted that message on here being angered by it, thinking it was a prank...I also thought in the back of my mind, what if it was him? But I chalked it up to a very mean joke by someone. But that post and all subsequent posts referring to the message in Randy's guest book were deleted from here.

I am glad the authorities are at least checking it out though.

Thanks, Donna for posting the link to the new article.

sick joke, hope they can find who did it. there should be a charge or some kind for doing cyber attacks
bluestarzz
ps, i think many people think they can "act like someone else" cause this is the internet.........what gives? no, you are responsable for ALL that you do, whatever medium

Maybe you've all already looked at this - or more likely I'm just hoping to find something. But I had to mention this. There's a guy on myspace who I think looks like Brain but I'm not too good with faces. I was looking around and searched on "Eddie Vedder" because he's the lead singer of Pearl Jam which Brian loved. There's one entry for an Eddie Vedder in Brazil that I think looks like Brian. Tell me what you think.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=306021112

Maybe you've all already looked at this - or more likely I'm just hoping to find something. But I had to mention this. There's a guy on myspace who I think looks like Brain but I'm not too good with faces. I was looking around and searched on "Eddie Vedder" because he's the lead singer of Pearl Jam which Brian loved. There's one entry for an Eddie Vedder in Brazil that I think looks like Brian. Tell me what you think.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=306021112

The profile picture on the myspace? I think that's actually a picture of Eddie Vedder, honestly.

I'm glad they're looking into the website posting.

Excellent sleuthing and interesting, mattsmom. Thank you for posting! I do not think this is a picture of Eddie Vedder. If it is Eddie, it's a rare photo of him.

I noticed they were deleted from here, why?

I posted that message on here being angered by it, thinking it was a prank...I also thought in the back of my mind, what if it was him? But I chalked it up to a very mean joke by someone. But that post and all subsequent posts referring to the message in Randy's guest book were deleted from here.

I am glad the authorities are at least checking it out though.

Thanks, Donna for posting the link to the new article.

Those two pictures do look very much like they could be the same person although both faces are partially obscured making it hard to fully assess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname