OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would share this. Personally I have never seen a photo of Brian that I thought was credible as far as one that was taken after he went missing. If Brian is alive I think he would still be playing guitar in some aspect or another. So yesterday I received an email with a photo attached. The person sent me two photos. The one I am posting is from 2009. I cropped out the right side because I did not want to show the two people in the crowd just for privacy reasons. Obviously it is someone who has a wig on and possibly doing some kind of retro or tribute band. The second picture I received is from this year and it shows a man, supposedly the same person sitting on a couch holding a guitar much like the photo of Brian that is posted all over the internet. I have not been given permission to post this photo, but I am hoping to get it. I have to say the most recent photo could pass for an older Brian. The man has a lot of grey hair but he does resemble Brian at least IMO. These two photos are probably the first and only photos that I thought could be Brian. Keep in mind I am NOT saying I think this is Brian, just that there is a resemblance IMO.

Nice! I think there is a striking resemblance, especially if you go back to some of the "lesser known" photos of Brian, I found one where even the holes in his nose look like this photo. My biggest question is about the context of the email you received. Did they say they think it's Brian? If they have a photo of him on a couch, that's much different than one on stage. If they have a photo of him on a couch then I'm inclined to think they know who it is in the photo. Right? Thank you for sharing this.

Nice! I think there is a striking resemblance, especially if you go back to some of the "lesser known" photos of Brian, I found one where even the holes in his nose look like this photo. My biggest question is about the context of the email you received. Did they say they think it's Brian? If they have a photo of him on a couch, that's much different than one on stage. If they have a photo of him on a couch then I'm inclined to think they know who it is in the photo. Right? Thank you for sharing this.

No claims and not much of a vibe. I can only guess but I don't think they know for sure. It's hard to know how these pics were gotten and by whom.

No claims and not much of a vibe. I can only guess but I don't think they know for sure. It's hard to know how these pics were gotten and by whom.

I just want to point out a couple of well known photos of Brian that are handy to compare this pic to. It's the right hand of the guitarist that is clearly visible in the picture. Brian's right hand is clearly visible in the photograph with Alexis where he is touching her chin.

The right arm of the guitarist is largely visible, although partly covered by a sleeve. It's Brian's right arm that has the Pearl Jam album cover tattoo. Is that sleeve long enough that there should be no hint of a tattoo peaking out if it's Brian? (Possibly it is, but I have stared at for a while now and can't be sure).

Attachments

• BSA.jpeg
    BSA.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 283
  • BS1.jpg
    BS1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 54

Hi, I haven't managed to understand whether you knew the person who sent you the email ? If not, have you tried tracking down the IP address of the sender ?

I just want to point out a couple of well known photos of Brian that are handy to compare this pic to. It's the right hand of the guitarist that is clearly visible in the picture. Brian's right hand is clearly visible in the photograph with Alexis where he is touching her chin.

The right arm of the guitarist is largely visible, although partly covered by a sleeve. It's Brian's right arm that has the Pearl Jam album cover tattoo. Is that sleeve long enough that there should be no hint of a tattoo peaking out if it's Brian? (Possibly it is, but I have stared at for a while now and can't be sure).

He could also have had it removed since it was such a recognisable feature

Also, is there any picture where we can see Brian's right hand without his fingers being bent ? People have different "finger ratios" so it would be interesting to see if they roughly match on both pictures

He could also have had it removed since it was such a recognisable feature

Yes, in fact black ink tattoos, like Brian’s, are the ones that are easiest removed with laser tattoo removal. It’s coloured ink that is the most stubborn and takes the most sessions.

Yes, in fact black ink tattoos, like Brian’s, are the ones that are easiest removed with laser tattoo removal. It’s coloured ink that is the most stubborn and takes the most sessions.

I did not know that... I think if I were Brian and trying to hide, I would get rid of as much identifying factors as I could such as tattoos, jewelry, haircut. Although he supposedly left with only the clothes on his back so he would have had to be able to start setting money aside pretty quickly to have it removed within 3 years. Or is laser not that expensive in the US ?

I did not know that... I think if I were Brian and trying to hide, I would get rid of as much identifying factors as I could such as tattoos, jewelry, haircut. Although he supposedly left with only the clothes on his back so he would have had to be able to start setting money aside pretty quickly to have it removed within 3 years. Or is laser not that expensive in the US ?

If Brian did leave of his own accord... he would have had help from someone. That's where speculation is mostly all we have, as opposed to evidence, but or arguments sake... what if he were in another relationship that none of us know about (and that his girlfriend certainly didn't know about)? What if that person were well off financially, helped orchestrate the whole thing, and drove the getaway car?

Now I don't necessarily believe that any of the above is true. I do believe that disappearing without a trace, and establishing enough of a an identity to at least be able to get by in the world, is not a one person job these days.

Or is laser not that expensive in the US ?

Oh, and to answer that... I have had laser tattoo removal, but in Australia. It would depend how regulated the process is over there... ie. whether tattoo artists, body piecers, etc... are allowed to operate the laser, or if only doctors are allowed to. I know that the service was quite reasonably priced where I got it done, but I wasn't actually a paying customer myself... (I was friends with the owner).

If you were wanting to have a tattoo removed, and there's missing persons posters of you that feature your tattoo... your biggest risk would be showing the tattoo to the the person you're wanting to remove it.

Thought I would share this. Personally I have never seen a photo of Brian that I thought was credible as far as one that was taken after he went missing. If Brian is alive I think he would still be playing guitar in some aspect or another. So yesterday I received an email with a photo attached. The person sent me two photos. The one I am posting is from 2009. I cropped out the right side because I did not want to show the two people in the crowd just for privacy reasons. Obviously it is someone who has a wig on and possibly doing some kind of retro or tribute band. The second picture I received is from this year and it shows a man, supposedly the same person sitting on a couch holding a guitar much like the photo of Brian that is posted all over the internet. I have not been given permission to post this photo, but I am hoping to get it. I have to say the most recent photo could pass for an older Brian. The man has a lot of grey hair but he does resemble Brian at least IMO. These two photos are probably the first and only photos that I thought could be Brian. Keep in mind I am NOT saying I think this is Brian, just that there is a resemblance IMO.
Hi embufum, I think the resemblance is there, the jawline looks right, IMO. Nose may be off but really hard to tell for sure, not to mention people have nose jobs every day. Would really be nice to see a pic without the sunglasses.
Was this sent anonymously, and do you know where the photo was taken ? TIA

Sounds like the other photo is easier to compare to Brian. You are simply respecting the person who sent it to you?

EDIT: I will also add, judging by his tattoo placement, I think it would be covered by the shirt. It's pretty high up on his arm.

Sounds like the other photo is easier to compare to Brian. You are simply respecting the person who sent it to you?

EDIT: I will also add, judging by his tattoo placement, I think it would be covered by the shirt. It's pretty high up on his arm.

Good point, no tattoo visible here.

bsa-jpeg.195547

Hey everyone! There is a new episode on an ID Go show called The Missing about Brian. John Hurst releases a couple unheard details. I also released the first episode of Brian Shaffer Dead or Alive today. It is an informational episode. I had to have one episode up to submit it to several platforms. It may not be available on all platforms yet but it is on Podbean right now. Can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks.

Hey everyone! There is a new episode on an ID Go show called The Missing about Brian. John Hurst releases a couple unheard details. I also released the first episode of Brian Shaffer Dead or Alive today. It is an informational episode. I had to have one episode up to submit it to several platforms. It may not be available on all platforms yet but it is on Podbean right now. Can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks.

Ok, sounds great ! I think.... I only say that because I'm not clear on what you mean. But, I trust in what you say, that the information will be forthcoming. Right ? :)

I did not notice anything new.

I did not notice anything new.

I’ve read discussions about this episode of The Missing elsewhere, and people touched on the new detail being something about an argument between Clint and Brian. Could that be it? I can’t watch it yet due to issues with getting the internet connected at my new place (hopefully will be fixed in just over a week now).

Hi embufum, I think the resemblance is there, the jawline looks right, IMO. Nose may be off but really hard to tell for sure, not to mention people have nose jobs every day. Would really be nice to see a pic without the sunglasses.
Was this sent anonymously, and do you know where the photo was taken ? TIA

If I look at these pics long enough the more I end up seeing Brian but at the same time this guy is older IMO than Brian would be now. I'd say around 45. This guys build is pretty much the same. He's tall and lanky but somewhat muscular. In one of the pics his hand is almost in the exact position that you always see Brian do but it's the left hand and Brian always used his right. I have no idea where these pics were taken unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa