OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Corbett the PI that was working for Randy? Ask him if he remembers a girl he talked to named Lisa who was also friends with Randy and ask him if he remembers telling her that when Clint was interviewed he brought up the Virgin Islands to the police. This seems like way too much of a coincidence.

Also ask him about the comment he made that he thought Brian was still alive? Supposedly Randy was convinced too based on what Don had found out.

I have read about this I believe on Pearl Jam threads. Thank you for bringing this up. I would love to know what they found out. ihave heard numerous times Randy went back and forth about what happened to Brian. Especially in the beginning. Now if Clint said US Virgin Islands before the legacy obituary post then I want to know more about that for sure. That would be a huge piece of the puzzle

I'm kinda surprised that she could miss a detail like that after all the publicity about his case and the video time line. I also question how a girl who was admittedly very drunk could have the ability to judge another persons drunkenness.

Sounds like Brian spent a lot of time with Brightan that night. I think that you could find out a lot about what might have happened to Brian by talking to Brightan that night as apposed to Clint. No I am NOT accusing her of anything, what I mean is she might be able to ell us about Brian's demeanor, was he mad about anything, did he talk about Alexis at all? Did they have plans to meet up later or at any other time? You don't talk to someone for that long and not get a little personal to some degree.

Episode 5 will more than likely be Amber and Brightan. That is subject to change but I don’t want to give too much away. All of these questions are answered by the girls.

I saw that as well. I do not think that is Brian either. Not to mention to even consider it I would have to know when the pic was taken. He appears to be the same age in the photo as Brian was when he disappeared. Here is a tidbit for you. Don talks about 2 sightings he had of Brian as recent as 1 1/2 years ago. I was actually astonished for some reason that he still gets sighting reported to him.

Sightings as recent as that? Can’t wait to hear more !

Something else I recall from the Ohio Missing Dispatch, March 2015 write up featuring Brian’s case.... that Columbus PD would not release Brian’s police records to Don and Randy for some reason. I’ve always wondered what that was all about.

I will check into this. I wonder if maybe his family added her after Brian went missing? His family had access to his page. Either way it’s worth looking in to!

Yeah could be but there are a lot of people that are just from out of state that to me don't really seem to "fit" as far as how he would know them.

I could be wrong but I always took it as before the email. If it was, one could speculate that Clint posted it. I doubt it but who knows. I would think the last thing he would want would be to get into any trouble.

Just FYI, there is a girl that Brian was connected to on his Myspace page from Alabama that went missing a little over a month after Brian never to be seen again. I think there is zero chance of there being a connection (no pun) I just thought it weird in a coincidental type way.

Would you mind emailing me or private messaging me so we can continue this discussion. I would like to hear more things you can tell me you learned. My email is wheresBrianShaffer@gmail.com

One more question for LookingforBrian :). Do you have any information regarding Clint going to Brian’s apartment and being there for six hours the day he disappeared ? I.E., what was he doing there? This is a question that has been raised here more than once, the information was reported in the Ohio Missing Dispatch article. TIA

Clint's posted this on Brian's Myspace page the day they went out. I saw it with my own eyes. I think I saved it and if I find it I will post a photo.

March 31, 2006 11:58 am
Ladies don't believe a word this man says! He loves the asstags.

Apparently he also took Brian off his Myspace friends list.

WOW!

This is a big deal. Thanks for sharing.

Satch

Clint's posted this on Brian's Myspace page the day they went out. I saw it with my own eyes. I think I saved it and if I find it I will post a photo.

March 31, 2006 11:58 am
Ladies don't believe a word this man says! He loves the asstags.

Apparently he also took Brian off his Myspace friends list.

Here's the Urban Definition of "*advertiser censored* Tags." It shows that Brian really was a womanizer. Not very classy for a guy supposedly getting engaged.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=*advertiser censored* tag

I think the more we look into Brian Shaffer, there are some small but subtle dark things that show he may not be all great and loving. It that statement really is from Clint's "My Space", I think it shows a darker side of Brian's character.

Satch

Here's the Urban Definition of "*advertiser censored* Tags." It shows that Brian really was a womanizer. Not very classy for a guy supposedly getting engaged.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=*advertiser censored* tag

I think the more we look into Brian Shaffer, there are some small but subtle dark things that show he may not be all great and loving. It that statement really is from Clint's "My Space", I think it shows a darker side of Brian's character.

Satch

I saw that line years ago and my first thought was “well it looks like Brian and his friends were typical guys his age.”

Guys his age (at the time) joke around like that all the time. To me, all it shows is that he and his friends were normal 20-somethings / maybe still a bit immature.

Obviously the media is going to portray him as more of a wholesome guy, because this always happens with missing persons.

I’m not sure how it helps us solve his case or changes anything IMO.

Someone mentioned wanting a link to the page. Here is one https://web.archive.org/web/20060413073631/https://myspace.com/sleepinggiant

IMO far more interesting than the asstag comment is that he was connected with another girl who went missing a little bit after him. If it was the family who added her afterwards, then that explains it, but otherwise that seems very coincidental.

How was Brian connected to this other girl who went missing? Do you have a link?

Satch

How was Brian connected to this other girl who went missing? Do you have a link?

Satch

I don’t—the first that I heard of this was when it was brought up a few posts ago by someone else. Again, I think this was a “MySpace connection” but maybe not an actual real life connection. The family may have been running Brian’s MySpace and may have added this connection after the girl disappeared.

Disclaimer: I’ve never had a MySpace and I don’t know how it works so I could be totally wrong on this.

Here's the girl I was talking about. Her name is Lori Ann Slesinski. Brian only had about 45 connections so again the question is when was she added before or after.

[h=3]http://www.wtvm.com/story/16956528/2012/02/Thursday/the-search-for-lori-ann-slesinski-continues[/h]

WOW!

This is a big deal. Thanks for sharing.

Satch

I think it is too in a sense that we are getting to realize even more how much of an "*advertiser censored*" Clint was. He obviously did that to make Brian and or Alexis mad. Not a cool think to say when you have a girlfriend.

Very interesting. As mentioned earlier, it's probably not connected but it's one more thing to cross off the list if that is the case. I bet if you did some serious digging you could figure out how MySpace displays oldest/most recent connections. There are probably also MySpace geeks (I'm saying this in a nice way as in I wish I had half the smarts as some of those tech. people do) that may be able to shed some light.

Here's the girl I was talking about. Her name is Lori Ann Slesinski. Brian only had about 45 connections so again the question is when was she added before or after.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/16956528/2012/02/Thursday/the-search-for-lori-ann-slesinski-continues

Long time lurker here.

Re the news article above: Maybe the planned remodel of the bar space will reveal some answers.

Maybe. But I'd bet that tearing up that portion of the level below the Toona that in 2006 was the 'construction area' that Det. Hurst suggests Brian Shaffer entered, would reveal the big answer.

I think it is too in a sense that we are getting to realize even more how much of an "*advertiser censored*" Clint was. He obviously did that to make Brian and or Alexis mad. Not a cool think to say when you have a girlfriend.

Here again is a gigantic assumption that I would say is questionable at best. I do not think he “obviously did that to make Brian or Alexis mad.” I think it could also have been friendly banter between friends (in fact in my experience, that’s more likely). Guys their age do that sort of thing all the time. It’s a giant leap to say he did that to make Brian angry.

If you needed more evidence to know that Clint behaves like a typical 20-something year old male, then I guess you have it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken