Found Deceased OH - Caleb Marple, 39, Cleveland, 18 May 2020

Justice For Caleb Marple

I’m not a medical expert by no means so I don’t know what variables have to be present in order for the following to occur:
(From Justice for Caleb post) Aug 10
There have been staggering amounts of concern saying there is no way Caleb would take amphetamines. Amphetamines show up false positive in bodies with early decomposition.

I'm glad the family has decided to investigate further. They owe it to Caleb to find out the truth.

As far as amphetamines...many people confuse that with meth. It's actually Adderall...a substance sometimes 'shared' with fellow parties who want to stay up later. Nothing to be shocked about imo.

May the family seek answers to their questions and may they find peace.

I'm glad the family has decided to investigate further. They owe it to Caleb to find out the truth.

As far as amphetamines...many people confuse that with meth. It's actually Adderall...a substance sometimes 'shared' with fellow parties who want to stay up later. Nothing to be shocked about imo.

May the family seek answers to their questions and may they find peace.

I was going to say the same. When the word amphetamine is heard, many people automatically think meth. These two are not the same. Some will say “close enough” but that too is untrue.

I was going to say the same. When the word amphetamine is heard, many people automatically think meth. These two are not the same. Some will say “close enough” but that too is untrue.

Agree. Also he very well could have been prescribed Adderall. There is such a stigma with ADHD and especially adult ADHD. It's possible he was being treated and didn't let his family and friends know. Either way...at therapeutic levels, way way different then methamphetamine.

@Jes W8

Again, so sorry for your loss.
Checking in to see if there have been any updates or findings related to Caleb’s case that may have helped bring closure for friends & family?
Hello- Everything about his death os still up in the air. From the moment they found him. His body was released from the coroners despite his family requesting a second autopsy. We had heard that the medical examiner was not told about the altercation by law enforcement before doing the exam. They closed his case before the autopsy had even come back. Someone feom the Archer bldg has images of blood all over the entrance from that nite. Very recently someone came forward with more info on the altercation .

Amphetamines and BAC levels rise when bodies are in early stages of decomposition. The autopsy does not state the levels of amphetamines. The highest the peak is between 7-10 days post mortem. He was found on day 11. The BAC also rises due to the natural fermentation process of the blood in decomp. With these facts, the combined information of his night, I still believe he didn't "accidentally fall in".

We need someone with expert knowledge of the southern currents in the Cuyahoga River. The flow is southern..how did Caleb get to where he was found?

The flow is southern? The Cuyahoga River flows into Lake Erie which is north.

I don’t have a clue about currents, the flow of the river, etc.

This link may help

https://www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisit/upload/CuyahogaRiver6 final.pdf

The 100-mile Cuyahoga River flows both south and north
before emptying into Lake Erie

I don’t have a clue about currents, the flow of the river, etc.

This link may help

https://www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisit/upload/CuyahogaRiver6 final.pdf

The 100-mile Cuyahoga River flows both south and north
before emptying into Lake Erie

The Cuyahoga River empties into Lake Erie from it's inland origin, so overall flows north.

It twists around a bit, especially in the area where Caleb was found, near Lake Erie. There have also been some modifications to the river to aid with ship traffic. The place where he was found was a branch off the main channel. They refer to it as the "old river" but today its a dead end branch.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Here's the location where he was found, apparently near this recreational boat

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

It's a dead end, more as a mooring area for boats and barges. There probably isn't much current, but the main channel is nearby and, at that point, flows to the north.

Incidentally, at a marina farther west on the "Old River", another man fell in the marina and drowned on the same night. It was the first night that bars were allowed to open after the COVID 19, so there were more than a few people out partying in that area, drinking too much, etc.خرا‬‏‏

خرائط ‪Google

‬‏‏https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2020/05/cleveland-firefighters-find-body-in-whiskey-island-marina-where-man-went-missing-on-friday.html

By car or on foot, that location is more than a few miles from where Caleb was found.

Last edited:
We need someone with expert knowledge of the southern currents in the Cuyahoga River. The flow is southern..how did Caleb get to where he was found?

As stated earlier, I have no clue about currents or knowledge of the Cuyahoga River; I am way down in AR.
But would there be a site that keeps records of previous currents, river conditions, etc?

Justice For Caleb Marple

Wednesday’s Fact Post
FACT: There was a verbal altercation with someone at Barley House. Caleb and that person were both asked to leave the bar.

both asked to leave at the same time??? That’s a no no! Anytime I’ve been in a bar and there is trouble, security or bouncer will throw one out, never both, otherwise the fight continues.
MOO

both asked to leave at the same time??? That’s a no no! Anytime I’ve been in a bar and there is trouble, security or bouncer will throw one out, never both, otherwise the fight continues.
MOO
I thought the same thing. Maybe the bar’s thinking was “not in my bar, not my problem” so didn’t care what they did once kicked out of there. That’s not to say I agree with that. There’s a never ending list of things that could go wrong with that scenario. IMO

I don’t know the atmosphere at the Barley House, but I feel the verbal altercation must have gotten pretty heated for them to ask both men to leave. MOO

It was the first night that bars were allowed to reopen after months long lockdown due to COVID 19. There were likely a lot of people there getting really loaded. The bar owner is notorious for ignoring safe distancing rules in the drinking establishments he owns, so patrons were probably packed cheek to jowl and getting very drunk very fast.

Here's a link to an article about another establishment owned by Mr. George. Pretty routine stuff for him and his father, who has owned many nightclubs in the area over the last few decades.The Georges are very well connected.

TownHall once again tops list of COVID-19 safety complaints against Cleveland businesses

The report noted that on July 17, the Cleveland Department of Public Health issued a violation and gave TownHall a warning for issues regarding face masks and overcrowding. On July 17, CDPH reportedly gave the restaurant guidance on a COVID-19 floor plan and postings.

Anyone fighting is probably thrown out immediately with little care for what happens outside.

Are there any abandoned buildings in the general vicinity of where Caleb was last seen? I know there is the dreaded aspect of nearby water sources but is it possible Caleb could have gotten lost in some industrial park which is currently closed down? I acknowledge he was very intoxicated when he left the BH so nothing is off the table in terms of where he could have ended up.

The problem I'm having is the inaccuracy of his BAC. No one knows how intoxicated he was. He wasn't asked to leave because of that, I've seen footage of him prefight and he was stumbling. And if we are basing BAC off the autopsy, due to the fermentation in his blood from three days of nearly 90 degree weather,. The BAC rises in early decomp. So how intoxicated he was, we don't know. We know anything is possible, because the last known footage of Caleb was on Sycamore St. That's a 20-25 minute walk sober, only to fall in. And where did he fall in? It's all gated where he was found.

Whoa. Jensen is a friend of mine in/since college. Reading his name on here was pretty shocking. I truly can’t imagine him doing anything nefarious. But wow.
Have you ever been with him while drinking?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliza27
Back