Found Deceased OH - Cameron Walters, 5, Mineral Springs Campground, Peebles, 25 May 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 25, 2020.

1. Lmustang89

Lmustang89 Well-Known Member

I remember my youngest son and his buddy went missing some years back at a K.O.A. campground. My son was very small for his age at 7 yrs old. We looked around for 2 hours. I fell down cement steps near a jumpy balloon activity, severe road rash on my legs and bleeding. KOA assured us the campground was fenced in. They looked on golf carts. Finally found them and they said they were in the woods playing. My son saw my legs bleeding and started to cry. Told him it didn't matter as long as he was ok. Very scary

2. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

The search for 5-year-old Cameron Walters is continuing at Mineral Springs Lake Resort in Adams County. The Sheriff’s Department just told me search and rescue just completed their 1st search route and are beginning their 2nd route.@FOX19

E154C406-59A2-4FAE-B57B-AFD14C939B73.jpeg 74845737-8865-4ACA-B70C-14EC2D10B5C4.jpeg

Kody Fisher on Twitter

3. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

They is also a boat on the water using sonar to look for Cameron. They are looking on land and in the water because they aren’t sure where he might be. The resort has roughly 350 acres of woods, campground, and hiking trails.

Kody Fisher on Twitter

kimpage, SugarQueen, Lato and 13 others like this.
  4. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

Prayers for Cameron to be found quickly and safe♥️

5. Honeybee79

Honeybee79 Well-Known Member

This is literally the next county over from where we were just searching for Madison Bell. I’m sick over this! I cannot imagine how terrifying this is for his family, and if he is somewhere lost, he just spent the night in the woods alone... poor baby!

6. TheMothership

TheMothership Member

Warm and we had batches of rain but it cleared up by 7:30 pm.

7. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

I don't like the looks of all that water around, so tempting.

I so hope he is found is found safe and sound.

8. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Last seen swimming, but can't swim? I hope LE/the searchers have gotten more detailed information about someone seeing him "swimming". Very concerning, IMO.

kimpage, legalmomma, Shire and 22 others like this.
  9. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

There SO much water! It makes me so uneasy. I hope they find him soon!!

kimpage, NoSI, 24Roses and 7 others like this.
  10. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

I hope LE has dogs out trying to track this little guy!

11. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

It's so sad. We camp a lot and sometimes parents get a false sense of security at campgrounds where a lot of kids are running around and playing together, especially where's there is groups that go together and their own kids play together. They think their child might be playing with the other kids when they're not. It's so easy to loose track of where the kids are. It's so nice though because kids can be kids at some of these campgrounds and play and rome free without depending on electronics. I wonder who he was supposed to be with when he went missing.

12. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Deputies say: "We don’t know if the child is just missing within the camp groups or if some sort of abduction has taken place. We just don’t know. So, we consider the child to be in harms way at this point."
    [​IMG]

Courtney Francisco on Twitter

Deputies issued an alert Tuesday morning to surrounding counties, including Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Pike, Ross, Scioton, Vinton and Warren.

Crews were using sonar and K-9s along the water Tuesday afternoon, and more than 100 volunteers are hiking more than 13 miles of trails in the park, according to Sgt. Randy Walters.

“Just self dispatching is really hard for us as far as people searching on their own, that doesn’t help us a bunch because we are trained to map out what everybody’s doing so we can make sure that we get everything with the resources,” Walters said.

Walters said more people may be needed for the search as the day goes on.

“Just because you’re not here right now doesn’t mean we won’t need you later because it’s hot, it’s probably the hottest day we’ve had this year, and we’re going to have to have different waves of help," Walters said.

Sgt. Mike Estep said authorities don’t know if the boy is missing or if an abduction has taken place.

“We just don’t know, so we consider the child to be in harm's way at this point,” Estep said.

Deputies: Missing Adams County 5-year-old is in danger

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  13. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking happened.

My mom, as a teenager, saved a little kid at a campground from drowning. Everyone was distracted, having fun on a summer day. My mom just happened to see him go under and not come up. She said he was completely silent and went down without making splashes in distress. If she didn't happen to see him, he would've been lost and people likely wouldn't have noticed him missing for awhile. :(

jmo

kimpage, Catmommy, Tbone144 and 14 others like this.
  14. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Poor kiddo, I hope he's found safe very soon.

cass523, byo, Steelslady and 4 others like this.
  15. cass523

16. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Thank goodnesss your mom was there!!!

17. cass523

When Cameron went missing, his family tried looking for him with the help of other campers, but when they could not find him they contacted the authorities at around 5.10pm, reported WCPO.

Cameron's grandparents have a camper at the lake resort. According to photos shared on his mother's Facebook page on Sunday, the toddler was at the campground for the long Memorial Day weekend with his parents, older sister and younger brother.

Search for boy, five, who disappeared from Ohio lake resort where his grandparents have a camper | Daily Mail Online

kimpage, HayLouise, Beagle and 11 others like this.
  18. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I hope they are also checking the caves in that area. When some kids get scared, they try to find a place to hide.

Keeping fingers crossed that he is found safe, the sooner the better.

Remember those girls who disappeared from their father's front porch? I think it was over a day later, they were found safe and said they wanted pizza, to which they bought for them.

A darling boy claimed a bear kept him warm and safe.

We've seen dogs stay with kids until they are found.

We saw another little boy who was about a 1/2 mile away found 18 hours later after a rainy night and searchers found him.

Oh Cameron, please be safe, buddy. My thoughts are with his parents and family.

Catmommy, NoSI, sunshineray and 14 others like this.
  19. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Good to see so many of these situations had a positive outcome. It really gives hope.

cass523, Mysti88c, Steelslady and 2 others like this.
  20. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I just hope that darling Cameron is another one to add to this list.

Far better than adding him to the much longer list of devastating endings. :(

HayLouise, NoSI, cass523 and 6 others like this.