Found Deceased OH - Cameron Walters, 5, Mineral Springs Campground, Peebles, 25 May 2020

I hope I am wrong about this, I have an uneasy feeling that there is something not right about this case. Why was a little boy running around without supervision especially since they had buried a sibling before, I don’t know the circumstances of her death, but wouldn’t you be hyper vigilant with any other children, terrified of losing another one!!! MOO but I am not sensing grief, like I said I really hope that I am wrong.

I hope I am wrong about this, I have an uneasy feeling that there is something not right about this case. Why was a little boy running around without supervision especially since they had buried a sibling before, I don’t know the circumstances of her death, but wouldn’t you be hyper vigilant with any other children, terrified of losing another one!!! MOO but I am not sensing grief, like I said I really hope that I am wrong.

I haven't seen any information indicating foul play may be involved. Until additional information is released, we have no way of knowing the circumstances of this little one's death. Losing two children would be unbearable to deal with. Where did this information come from? Could you provide an approved link with this information if you have one? :) Unless I've missed something in MSM, I prefer to believe this was nothing more than a tragic accident.

I (personally) haven't explored any information from social media regarding Cameron's disappearance, death, or family history. It's been my experience in cases like this, that there will always be a group of people who (needlessly) blame the victims. Haters always hate. :mad:

Not every tragic incident is a mystery or shady. Not sure what kind of grief would get your approval but no one will probably be harsher on the parents than themselves. IMO

I haven't seen any information indicating foul play may be involved. Until additional information is released, we have no way of knowing the circumstances of this little one's death. Losing two children would be unbearable to deal with. Where did this information come from? Could you provide an approved link with this information if you have one? :) Unless I've missed something in MSM, I prefer to believe this was nothing more than a tragic accident.

I (personally) haven't explored any information from social media regarding Cameron's disappearance, death, or family history. It's been my experience in cases like this, that there will always be a group of people who (needlessly) blame the victims. Haters always hate. :mad:

His obituary says “preceded in death” by a sibling.
https://www.boyercremation.com/obituary/Cameron-Riley-Walters/Waverly-Ohio/1874284

Every year, kids and toddlers find their way into a water source and disappear. The cases that stick with me are the ones where swimming wasn't even considered a possibility for the victim. Either they don't swim, and have been lectured about the inherent dangers of water, or they've shown fear of the water previously, so it seems unlikely they'd go there, or a caretaker loses sight for a few minutes.

I wonder if there's a market for some sort of auto-inflating flotation device that can be worn by kids who will be loosely supervised in a park or camping situation where water features exist. It would have to be inconspicuous, comfortable and react to being submerged in water by self-inflating. Here's hoping someone with the money, expertise and motivation is already working in this direction. IMO

Every year, kids and toddlers find their way into a water source and disappear. The cases that stick with me are the ones where swimming wasn't even considered a possibility for the victim. Either they don't swim, and have been lectured about the inherent dangers of water, or they've shown fear of the water previously, so it seems unlikely they'd go there, or a caretaker loses sight for a few minutes.

I wonder if there's a market for some sort of auto-inflating flotation device that can be worn by kids who will be loosely supervised in a park or camping situation where water features exist. It would have to be inconspicuous, comfortable and react to being submerged in water by self-inflating. Here's hoping someone with the money, expertise and motivation is already working in this direction.
IMO

Not being facetious but such a thing already exists, is widely available and fairly inexpensive and can even be made mandatory in such situations. I lifeguarded for years and rough water-sports, and our kids wore lifejackets whenever we camped or played near water -- in some places where we did, they had to, or weren't allowed within a specific distance of the water. But their universal requirement is a very different story.

I agree that an ultra-thin. auto-inflating layer would be ideal, but expect that it would be prohibitively expensive and/or too hot, too heavy, wrong colour, etc. I also expect that many kids would hate wearing it, and that many parents and/or guardians would hesitate to demand that they did or reject their use on other grounds -- I sail and kayak and even on big water and in bad weather it's common to see little kids w/o lifejackets. Gently suggesting to a parent that they should wear one -- it's the law, after all -- is a good way to get yourself screamed at or worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back