OH OH - Cassidy Family, William, Ann & Patricia - Milan, Erie County, 1 Apr 1968

OhioPatriot

Reaction score
UNSOLVED: Who killed the Cassidy family?
------------------------------
Cassidy - Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost
-------
In the early hours on Monday, April 1, 1968, Mr. William Cassidy, 41 years of age, was found shot to death while sleeping in his bed, along with his wife Mrs. Ann Cassidy 37 years of age. Their daughter, Patricia Cassidy was sleeping in the adjoining room and found to have suffered severe beating in her bed, passing away days later as a result of her injuries.

This is all I know aside from a shotgun being used. A theory of a drifter passing through is what they have. Otherwise, no leads after the son checked clear. I'll do some digging to see what Killings went on during the same time frame if any.

Honestly, this one caught my eye just because it's one of my hometowns.

Welcome to Websleuths, @OhioPatriot !

Alerting my post, to ask that location & date be included in the thread title. As you mention, people look for their hometowns, areas that are familiar.

Was this a rural area at the time? I think that I would hear a gunshot in my neighbor's house?

(We are far enough into the county to hear target practice & some hunters.)

jmho ymmv lrr

Welcome to Websleuths, @OhioPatriot !

Alerting my post, to ask that location & date be included in the thread title. As you mention, people look for their hometowns, areas that are familiar.

Was this a rural area at the time? I think that I would hear a gunshot in my neighbor's house?

(We are far enough into the county to hear target practice & some hunters.)

jmho ymmv lrr
I thank you! I'll admit I was a little nervous posting. It was Milan, Ohio - as far as I could tell, yes it was still rural. I believe they would have lived on the outside portion of town. If I recall right, I think right off of 13, where there is a fire station now. There's only a few houses there.

I just found this:

I would like to know if Patricia was raped or molested? Could it have been a friend of her 17 yr old brother Michael- that knew he would be at work? I do think it’s odd, he has never talked to anyone about the incident, you would think he would want justice?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back