Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks AggieLou for a further glimpse into Cheryl's work vehicle "that day". Did not know either, that work had to bring their own keys to tow it; and that William couldn't have been "working on it" without a set of keys. All very interesting, and potentially pretty damning for William. I hope LE secured that van a year ago and had it combed through thoroughly. If they did, it's no smoking gun obviously, but it's a piece to the puzzle.

Cheryl, I understand Thanksgiving was one of your favorite holidays and you treated your loved ones to your home with an amazing meal, hospitality and warmth and loved every minute of it. Time to send the angels out? We need to know where you are.

Cheryl Coker, 46, was last seen at approximately 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 2, 2018, dropping her youngest daughter off at school in Riverside, Ohio. Riverside Police believe she then went home, but no one was able to contact her that day. Family grew concerned and reported her missing around midnight.

The next day at approximately 8 p.m, family found Cheryl’s locked SUV in a grocery store parking lot about a half mile from her house. Cheryl’s driver’s license, purse, credit cards and cellphone were inside the car. According to surveillance footage obtained by the Riverside Police, Cheryl's car pulled into the shopping center at 10:52 a.m. on October 2, 2018, the day she went missing. No one has seen or heard from her since.

In February 2019, her death was ruled a homicide and her husband, William “Bill” Coker was named a person of interest. They had been married for 19 years, but Cheryl had recently filed for divorce. Her body has not been found and authorities would not comment further on the case.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

Cheryl Coker, 46, was last seen at approximately 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 2, 2018, dropping her youngest daughter off at school in Riverside, Ohio. Riverside Police believe she then went home, but no one was able to contact her that day. Family grew concerned and reported her missing around midnight.

The next day at approximately 8 p.m, family found Cheryl’s locked SUV in a grocery store parking lot about a half mile from her house. Cheryl’s driver’s license, purse, credit cards and cellphone were inside the car. According to surveillance footage obtained by the Riverside Police, Cheryl's car pulled into the shopping center at 10:52 a.m. on October 2, 2018, the day she went missing. No one has seen or heard from her since.

In February 2019, her death was ruled a homicide and her husband, William “Bill” Coker was named a person of interest. They had been married for 19 years, but Cheryl had recently filed for divorce. Her body has not been found and authorities would not comment further on the case.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing
I wish they could arrest him.

I think this is a case of Occam's Razor. The POI is the culprit. I feel the open marriage implications were thrown in there to muddy the waters, and they did! Suddenly, a whole pool of unknown people could be a POI. But I don't think that's true. She files for divorce, she sends texts about being dead, he texts his obvious displeasure that she filed, and less than 2 weeks later, she's gone. Happens every single day somewhere. There's no mystery man here. It was the husband.

Riverside PD isn't the crew of Criminal Minds. People just don't understand that most police departments, particularly in smaller towns, just do NOT know what they're doing. They don't have the training or the experience. Cases are botched all the time. Heck, the case I was involved in, the coroner didn't even bother to cite a time of death (which was VITALLY important to us). She just cited TOD as the time they found her grave. TOD is SCIENCE, and they couldn't even be bothered.

I think this case is going to take a police chief with the guts to take all the evidence they have to the prosecutor. THEN that prosecutor is going to have to have the guts to take it to Grand Jury and try to gain an indictment. They could even try to get an indictment for something LESS than murder so if they try him and fail, he could still be brought up on different, more severe charges.
He transported her body somehow. Were cadaver dogs used for hers, his, the GF's, and the work vehicle?

@jashrema
I agree with you 1000%

The wait for Justice for Cheryl has been hard and so unfair to her loved ones.

There is no updates in her case other than deceased with NO recovery no charges no answers.

I hold out coming here to her thread to see from my alert if it maybe the day Cheryl is finally treated with dignity and Justice.

What if the killer strikes again. Will someone become COLLATERAL because I am 1000 % more than the killer knows where her body is hidden.

Sorry Cheryl your life mattered
Your future mattered
You loved ones matter
Justice for your murder and disgrace matters.
We care about you Cheryl in this thread on WS

Cheryl loved the holidays especially Christmas.

@jashrema
I agree with you 1000%

The wait for Justice for Cheryl has been hard and so unfair to her loved ones.

There is no updates in her case other than deceased with NO recovery no charges no answers.

I hold out coming here to her thread to see from my alert if it maybe the day Cheryl is finally treated with dignity and Justice.

What if the killer strikes again. Will someone become COLLATERAL because I am 1000 % more than the killer knows where her body is hidden.

Sorry Cheryl your life mattered
Your future mattered
You loved ones matter
Justice for your murder and disgrace matters.
We care about you Cheryl in this thread on WS

Cheryl loved the holidays especially Christmas.

So sad. Praying for a break in this case.

What Happened to Cheryl Coker? Ohio Mom Vanished 14 Months Ago After Filing for Divorce

Important parts of article.

Days before she vanished, Cheryl had filed for divorce from Bill Coker, her husband of 19 years, allegedly after telling her friends that Bill had a “girlfriend” he refused to stop seeing. Bill is now a suspect in the case, police say.

police say they have reason to believe she was murdered. More than a year later, nobody has been arrested in the case.

Despite Bill’s being a suspect, there is not sufficient evidence to warrant an arrest, says Abney, and Bill has not been charged.

EBM 10 % cc per TOS

Last edited:
I think if more LE and prosecutors had some guts...more of these men would be brought to justice. Start bringing these cases to a grand jury even without a body and see what happens. She files for divorce, he has GF, less than 2 weeks later she's missing, a man in black takes and parks her van to Kroger and then walks back to her neighborhood, any evidence they've compiled from the search warrants, BRING IT...and see what happens! It's ridiculous that so many men continue to murder their wives and GF's and get away with it. Ugh..

Stumbled onto this case from another case being profile in people magazine from Illinois.

Police: Husband is ‘only suspect’ in Coker homicide investigation

The evidence could be electronic, they subpoenaed phone records, confiscated computers, etc. Forensically there is a lot of great evidence the video even to the casual eye, the walk of the person in black looks an awful lot like the main suspects walk. The scraped bruised elbow and fingers (ever put someone in a sleeper hold?) contact points. But the videos themselves could be used to gather circumstantial evidence. Height / weight of suspect. There’s video of person near home, possible foot impressions. Looks like a staged scene with the car left so close to home. The person dressed in black hid his face, exhibited a confident and very knowledgeable layout of the neighborhood. The suspect has shown signs of being dishonest,deceitful, lies about affair at his job and son working there, lies about GF on trip with daughter. Alleged missing cash from home. They never released name of second witness who identified and reported man in black . Could this witness have saw this individual entering the home. My guess is the body would be a slam dunk. Everything else takes time. Perhaps the family is privy to some of this info and maybe that’s why they’re being patient. It takes time to present and gather all the forensic evidence to a grand jury. But it looks like there’s far more to go on than most cases. This doesn’t look like a cold case. A lot of the work is behind closed doors. I think they’re lining the ducks up in a row. Another user commented the Danielle Stislicki case, which gives this case hope. I hope the walls are closing in on the suspect and he does the right thing and confesses.

I think if more LE and prosecutors had some guts...more of these men would be brought to justice. Start bringing these cases to a grand jury even without a body and see what happens. She files for divorce, he has GF, less than 2 weeks later she's missing, a man in black takes and parks her van to Kroger and then walks back to her neighborhood, any evidence they've compiled from the search warrants, BRING IT...and see what happens! It's ridiculous that so many men continue to murder their wives and GF's and get away with it. Ugh..
We don't know if they've taken the evidence to a grand jury or not. It's possible they have but the grand jury chose not to indict. Since LE took the unusual step of naming Bill the suspect in her murder without an arrest, I'm wondering if there's disagreement between LE and prosecutors. IOW LE wants him charged but prosecutors won't do it.

I heard Cheryl's case was featured in People magazine this week. Anyone here have it?

The article states that according to Cheryl's friends, they (Cheryl & Bill) were swingers:
"When he was questioned by police, Bill immediately hinted Cheryl may have gone off with another man, saying the two had an “open marriage,” says Detective Travis Abney. In conversation with her friends, Cheryl was more blunt: She had said they were “swingers.”

Also, this:
"Days before she vanished, Cheryl had filed for divorce from Bill Coker, her husband of 19 years, allegedly after telling her friends that Bill had a “girlfriend” he refused to stop seeing. Bill is now a suspect in the case, police say. Cheryl was “heartbroken” about the girlfriend, her friend Shelly Appelhans tells PEOPLE. In a conversation that summer, another friend, Tina Wilson, says Cheryl told her “she was fearful ‚ not of [Bill], but of losing him.”

These two tidbits are the most important "new" information, or at least somewhat "confirmed" through friends since there's definitely been speculation as to Cheryl & Bill's marriage arrangement.

This article is a punch to the gut. I hate to read that she was fearful of losing her husband, someone she clearly loved deeply if you spend any time perusing her older fb posts. I don't know much about swingers, but I can only speculate that it was tried when the marriage was lacking. The fact that Bill has done nothing to help "locate" her since her disappearance, yeah...it was lacking and then some.

Seems to me that the only way Cheryl could get back at Bill (for preferring the fling) was to do the one thing that would hurt his wallet and file for divorce. She may have filed hoping to gain his attention and eventually his affection back, not realizing that would seal her fate. This is an awkwardly stoic middle-aged man that keeps money in the home for mistrust of banks. His money fears are real and he spent that Orlando vacation visualizing her demise.

I would like a verified insider for Cheryl case.
Sure we all do.

I would like to know how and what evidence LE has to come out and say she is deceased.

Remember we heard.
when a Texas Equusearch stated that in the Vandelia area they were in the right church wrong pew, ..

May 2020 Be the year Cheryl is located and JUSTICE IS SERVED.

I hope TTTIM is okay.....

Just a reminder --

In one week, January 13th at 10 pm on Investigation Discovery, People Magazine Investigates will air a special on Cheryl's case entitled Suburban Secrets.

Hoping LE will be interviewed and something will be tipped to help move this case forward.

Stumbled onto this case from another case being profile in people magazine from Illinois.

Police: Husband is ‘only suspect’ in Coker homicide investigation

The evidence could be electronic, they subpoenaed phone records, confiscated computers, etc. Forensically there is a lot of great evidence the video even to the casual eye, the walk of the person in black looks an awful lot like the main suspects walk. The scraped bruised elbow and fingers (ever put someone in a sleeper hold?) contact points. But the videos themselves could be used to gather circumstantial evidence. Height / weight of suspect. There’s video of person near home, possible foot impressions. Looks like a staged scene with the car left so close to home. The person dressed in black hid his face, exhibited a confident and very knowledgeable layout of the neighborhood. The suspect has shown signs of being dishonest,deceitful, lies about affair at his job and son working there, lies about GF on trip with daughter. Alleged missing cash from home. They never released name of second witness who identified and reported man in black . Could this witness have saw this individual entering the home. My guess is the body would be a slam dunk. Everything else takes time. Perhaps the family is privy to some of this info and maybe that’s why they’re being patient. It takes time to present and gather all the forensic evidence to a grand jury. But it looks like there’s far more to go on than most cases. This doesn’t look like a cold case. A lot of the work is behind closed doors. I think they’re lining the ducks up in a row. Another user commented the Danielle Stislicki case, which gives this case hope. I hope the walls are closing in on the suspect and he does the right thing and confesses.

I agree there seems to be far more to go on than most cases. LE has admitted they just don't have enough evidence. I hope that some items are still being tested forensically or computer data is still being analyzed -- that would give great hope.

Welcome to the thread and hope you stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert