Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been here in ages, but I live really near the area and friends of mine know the family. I've been following it.

I think it was mentioned here, but a body was found about 25 miles away wrapped in plastic. I just wanted to let people know if, if they haven't already seen the update.. it is fortunately NOT related. Still tragic, but we now know that this isn't Cheryl. It was a 47 year old male.

I've not been here in ages, but I live really near the area and friends of mine know the family. I've been following it.

I think it was mentioned here, but a body was found about 25 miles away wrapped in plastic. I just wanted to let people know if, if they haven't already seen the update.. it is fortunately NOT related. Still tragic, but we now know that this isn't Cheryl. It was a 47 year old male.
Here is a media link identifying who it was.
Man found dead in Clay Twp. identified, death ruled homicide

This might help clear it up, but in short .. the FBI doesn't generally investigate murder cases, but there are several situations where they might.. like if they believe she was abducted or killed and they have reason to believe the criminal crossed state lines they would likely get involved. suspect crossed state lines as an example.

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-FBI-investigate-homicides

https://www.wdtn.com/news/local-new...n-one-week-after-her-disappearance/1510729509

"Cheryl Coker is believed to have been home after dropping her daughter off at school," Abney said "No suspects have been identified yet in this case, and everyone has been cooperative. The residential search warrant was conducted this afternoon per standard procedure and not because of suspicion of foul play at the residence."

Well, it seems they have likely received phone location records because they believe she went back to her house after dropping her daughter off at school.

As for the "standard procedure" part ... um ... no.

<modsnip - no source for info> if they did get phone location records and she did in fact go home and he did in fact show up at the house. I think what MAY have possibly gone down is that an argument took place and something terrible may have gone down.

From there, I am thinking perhaps HE drove her car to the parking lot and left it. It could be framed like stories we've seen before, making it look like she ran away or perhaps left with another man.

Has he been seen I wonder? I've heard very little about him at all .. <modsnip - discussing SM of family>

Last edited by a moderator:
.<modsnip - no source for info> if they did get phone location records and she did in fact go home and he did in fact show up at the house. I think what MAY have possibly gone down is that an argument took place and something terrible may have gone down.

From there, I am thinking perhaps HE drove her car to the parking lot and left it. It could be framed like stories we've seen before, making it look like she ran away or perhaps left with another man.

Has he been seen I wonder? I've heard very little about him at all .. <modsnip - discussing SM of family>

Agreed. Him showing up and her filing for divorce. At this point this is the only scenario that makes sense, until of course, we have more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member