OH OH - Cierra Chapman, 30, meeting ex bf to exchange items, Trotwood, SUV found in Middletown, 27 Dec 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
77J7G7OUCZE63LZDC3ZE377GK4.jpg

Dayton police are asking for the public’s help to find a missing woman who was last seen in late December.

Cierra J. Chapman, 30, was last seen when she met her ex-boyfriend at an apartment on Autumn Woods Drive in Trotwood, said Dayton police Maj. Brian Johns. Her SUV, a silver 2014 Cadillac SRX, was seen on video leaving the area around 4:30 a.m. Dec. 27.

Chapman stands 5 feet, 5 inches and weighs approximately 115 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes.

Chapman’s sister reported her missing on Dec. 29 and her SUV was found on Jan. 6 in Middletown. Her purse and other personal items were in the SUV, according to police.

More at Dayton police seek public’s help in ‘very suspicious’ missing person investigation

Yeah, I live in Middletown (I usually say Cincinnati, because no one has heard of Middletown), and Trotwood is a ways away. The articles I've read haven't said where they found the car. If someone dumped it here to get rid of it, they had to have someone drive them back, there isn't a bus or any kind of public transportation between Middletown and Trotwood.

her vehicle was seen leaving at 4:30 AM. Doesn't say she was necessarily driving. Would it be odd for her to be coming or going at that hour? It would be for me, just sayin... but maybe not for everyone. I hate that we can probably see where this is going.

Last edited:
her vicle was seen leaving at 4:30 AM. Doesn't say she was necessarily driving. Would it be odd for her to be coming or going at that hour? It would be for me, just sayin... but maybe not for everyone. I hate that we can probably see where this is going.

I guess it depends on her regular schedule (if she works nights, for instance), but I would think not. Especially since she was meeting an ex boyfriend to exchange their stuff. Who wants to do that at 4:30am? Assuming the meeting was at 8pm or something and they hung out for hours.

I wonder if the boyfriend is the one who saw her leaving. Is it odd that he hasn't given an in-person statement to LE yet? I saw that mentioned in three separate articles.

IMHO This does look strange. Sill need more info on this one. I am not accusing the BF but it seems that when one has broken up with a mate, it might be a good idea not to meet for any reason. I hope this isn't how it looks like it might be.

Has LE talked to the ex-bf since the phone conversation? He should know if the time that she left his place was at 4:30am, and how she seemed when she left.
Not liking that her personal items were left in her vehicle.
Hoping this turns out better than I think it will...

thumbnail_image_6483441.jpg

Chapman’s family reported her missing on December 29, 2022. In a press conference, Major Brian Johns with DPD said surveillance video caught Chapman leaving Trotwood that morning, but that was the last time she was seen. Her car, a silver 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV, was found in Middletown on January 6, 2023. Maj. Johns said there was no reason for her to be in that area, and they did not find any evidence in the car.

Maj. Johns said they checked her financial records and she has not used any money. They also took a statement from her ex-boyfriend over the phone, but they want him to answer more questions in-person. That has not happened yet.

More at ‘She’s a fighter’: Family of missing Dayton woman pleading for community’s help

Yeah, I live in Middletown (I usually say Cincinnati, because no one has heard of Middletown), and Trotwood is a ways away. The articles I've read haven't said where they found the car. If someone dumped it here to get rid of it, they had to have someone drive them back, there isn't a bus or any kind of public transportation between Middletown and Trotwood.
If I were willing to bet, I'd say it was found near the river.
Getting a ride back would be easy enough, just order an uber or call a friend and say your car broke down and you started to walk. Then no one would see where the SUV had been left.
Unless someone is from there or has friends or family that live there, I don't really hear of too many people saying, let's go to Middletown. Not when Cincinnati or Dayton are just a few minutes down the road in either direction. Using it as a far enough destination to dump her and the vehicle sounds like the most likely scenario.

Trotwood to Middletown is about a 30 minute drive if you take OH-4 and a few more minutes taking I-75, depending on the time of day.

County court records showed she was charged within the last 2 years of driving without an operating license. Found guilty. Public search of court records by name here: Montgomery County PROv3 I don't know if she had her driving privileges reinstated. If you google her name and "arrest" there is a mugshot of her (with corresponding personal data) from another case (status unknown) from 2021 that shows her with very short hair so I'm thinking the hair in her missing picture may be extensions. I am not linking the mugshot as it's not from MSM.

JAN 15, 2023
[...]

Her vehicle was recovered on Jewell Avenue in Middletown ...

Johns said crews are currently processing the vehicle for evidence.

Her disappearance has been deemed “suspicious.”

“I have no doubt that people here in Dayton, Ohio know what happened. This was an orchestrated event...this was a very well planned out incident so people know,” Johns said.

A group of over 60 volunteers and officers gathered Sunday to search from west Dayton to Germantown and Middletown, including Ohio State Highway Patrol’s aviation unit.

[...]

Police are asking anyone in the area of Jewell Avenue, Shelly Street and Tytus Avenue of Middletown to check their surveillance camera footage from Dec. 27 from 3-6 a.m. for Chapman’s car as well as those who live along State Route 4.

That's interesting. Jewell Ave is pretty much exclusively residential. There might be like a little business dotted here there but it's mostly houses. A lot of them are actually older houses that have been divided up into apartments or duplexes.

My guess is, whoever left the vehicle there knows someone in the area. Although there's a strip of restaurants just a short walk from there on verity parkway where one could potentially pick up an Uber. Middletown is not in the dark ages or anything but I don't know that there would have been an Uber driver at that time of day but Taco Bell and McDonald's probably would have been open if somebody went into get breakfast and wait.

I tried to add this but it didn't update for some reason, from Thanksgiving through New Year's Middletown has an event called Light up Middletown. It's Christmas lights on display at Smith Park which is just a short ways away from Jewell Ave. It's very popular from people all around because 1. it's a nice display, and 2. it's free to get in there's just a suggested donation. But there's a lot of extra traffic in that part of town during that time period because of it. Not necessarily at 4:30 a.m. because I think it stops at 11:00 p.m. but we don't know for sure that that's the time the vehicle was dropped off either.

JAN 15, 2023
[...]

“We’re feeling anxious, we just want to know. We just want information,” said Toya Gilliard. “At this point, we want to know where is she, and we want the community to help us to find her.”

Family members of Chapman, Sister Latisha Lofton and Aunt Regina Chapman say Dayton Police have yet to do what as a family expects them to do.

“When we called to report her missing, they gave us to wait two days, it’s already two days too late,” said Regina Chapman. “So we had to stay on them to make a report.”

[...]

Johns said Chapman's ex-boyfriend has given them a statement over the phone but not yet in-person.

[...]

Included in the article:

JAN 12, 2023
  • LE has video that confirms her vehicle left the ex-boyfriend's apartment about 4:30 a.m. the morning of her disappearance.
  • Cierra has a 15-year-old son.
JAN 13, 2023
  • Cierra lives with her sister in Dayton.
  • Her sister reported her missing two days later on December 29.

That's interesting. Jewell Ave is pretty much exclusively residential. There might be like a little business dotted here there but it's mostly houses. A lot of them are actually older houses that have been divided up into apartments or duplexes.
Edited by me: I answered my own question by reading a little more closely.
The area of Jewell, Tytus and Shelley are awfully close to the entrance to the little park next to the river.

I hope they learned from the Cheryl Coker case and are searching any unfenced areas of trees as well as in the river.

Last edited:
Have they mentioned where on Jewell the vehicle was found? I noticed that there was a bit of Jewell that was almost across the street from the park next to the river.
I'm not very familiar with Middletown.

I hope they learned from the Cheryl Coker case and are searching any unfenced areas of trees.

I haven't seen that they said specifically where on Jewell. The park that you're talking about has a reputation for some unseemly activities but not anything where you would expect someone to get hurt without going into specifics because I don't know anything personally I just know the rumors. There is a bicycle / walking trail along that part of the river and the river right there by that park is actually quite shallow you can see the bottom.

IMO the response to this has been terrible. Contrast this to the efforts and resources put out for other <modsnip> victims and this seems delayed.Have they still only spoken to the ex BF via phone? Her vehicle is on video leaving but was she the driver? (does anyone have clarity on this?) Anyone in the area with an opinion on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back