OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

i didn’t see a suicidal man in the body cam footage. He was resigned to the fact that he was going to be arrested because he knew what he did was wrong. He most likely does have mental illness, but maybe not one that can be cured given his history of violence and the long planning of the killing. He has no remorse IMHO, he did what he “had” to do to show his power and control. He is evil - a narcissist or BPD or whatever that is part of his mental makeup that I think likely can’t be taken away from him. Was Ted Bundy mentally ill? Is anyone that thinks violence is the answer? Likely they have something in their mental makeup that makes them evil - they obviously don’t think like most people. But. IMHO, some cannot be healed from their illness. iMO You cannot compare him to a female that has PPP or PPD because their illness is born from a hormone imbalance that can be treated with time and meds and isn’t who they were before the hormone imbalance.

i didn’t see a suicidal man in the body cam footage. He was resigned to the fact that he was going to be arrested because he knew what he did was wrong. He most likely does have mental illness, but maybe not one that can be cured given his history of violence and the long planning of the killing. He has no remorse IMHO, he did what he “had” to do to show his power and control. He is evil - a narcissist or BPD or whatever that is part of his mental makeup that I think likely can’t be taken away from him. Was Ted Bundy mentally ill? Is anyone that thinks violence is the answer? Likely they have something in their mental makeup that makes them evil - they obviously don’t think like most people. But. IMHO, some cannot be healed from their illness. iMO You cannot compare him to a female that has PPP or PPD because their illness is born from a hormone imbalance that can be treated with time and meds and isn’t who they were before the hormone imbalance.
BBM. I don't believe mentally ill people are evil nor does their mental illness have anything to do with a "hormone imbalance" or their gender.

The two women I cited in a link upthread murdered their children. They continue to live in a Texas mental hospital for the criminally insane. Andrea Yates has schizophrenia and was under the care of a psychiatrist when she murdered her children.

JMO

BBM. I don't believe mentally ill people are evil nor does their mental illness have anything to do with a "hormone imbalance" or their gender.

The two women I cited in a link upthread murdered their children. They continue to live in a Texas mental hospital for the criminally insane. Andrea Yates has schizophrenia and was under the care of a psychiatrist when she murdered her children.

JMO

The woman that killed her kids and then jumped out of the window and is now paralyzed is believed to have PPD or PPP.

I disagree - Andrea Yates was also diagnosed with PPP. She may have had underlying mental illness prior to childbirth, stopped taking meds while pregnant, but she was definitely also diagnosed with PPP

The woman that killed her kids and then jumped out of the window and is now paralyzed is believed to have PPD or PPP.

I disagree - Andrea Yates was also diagnosed with PPP. She may have had underlying mental illness prior to childbirth, stopped taking meds while pregnant, but she was definitely also diagnosed with PPP
BBM. PPP stands for Post Partum Psychosis. I think those that are prescribed drugs have to be monitored very closely because these tragedies keep happening. Men have murdered their children believing the children were possessed by demons.

Andrea Yates' doctor told her husband not to have more children or leave her unsupervised with the children. She still has schizophrenia. She had attempted suicide twice. He ignored the doctor's advice, kept having children and his psychotic wife and their children have paid a very dear price. Twenty years later, she's still in a prison mental hospital. As happened in the Doermann case, one of Yates older children realized what was happening, tried to run. She grabbed him, drowned him and then calmly dialed 911 and admitted what she had done.

The mother who jumped out of the window, Lindsay Clancy was waaaay overmedicated with psychiatric drugs and then not being properly monitored. Among other things, she was taking Seroquel, which is very strong medication for schizophrenia. The Prosecutor should charge the doctors who over-prescribed the psych meds for Lindsay. Her family had told doctors the drugs had turned her into a zombie. Doctors ignored them.

Mental illness is very real in many men and women and too often they don't receive proper treatment. The result is tragedy.

JMO

BBM. PPP stands for Post Partum Psychosis. I think those that are prescribed drugs have to be monitored very closely because these tragedies keep happening. Men have murdered their children believing the children were possessed by demons.

Andrea Yates' doctor told her husband not to have more children or leave her unsupervised with the children. She still has schizophrenia. She had attempted suicide twice. He ignored the doctor's advice, kept having children and his psychotic wife and their children have paid a very dear price. Twenty years later, she's still in a prison mental hospital. As happened in the Doermann case, one of Yates older children realized what was happening, tried to run. She grabbed him, drowned him and then calmly dialed 911 and admitted what she had done.

The mother who jumped out of the window, Lindsay Clancy was waaaay overmedicated with psychiatric drugs and then not being properly monitored. Among other things, she was taking Seroquel, which is very strong medication for schizophrenia. The Prosecutor should charge the doctors who over-prescribed the psych meds for Lindsay. Her family had told doctors the drugs had turned her into a zombie. Doctors ignored them.

Mental illness is very real in many men and women and too often they don't receive proper treatment. The result is tragedy.

JMO

Keep in mind that according to a major NIH study, psychiatric medications non-adherence is at least 45%, maybe higher, so we really can’t knowingly comment on anything what was happening to these people.

Keep in mind that according to a major NIH study, psychiatric medications non-adherence is at least 45%, maybe higher, so we really can’t knowingly comment on anything what was happening to these people.

BBM. We know what has gone on in past cases, such as Andrea Yates because it went to trial, she was found not guilty by reason of insanity and has been in a prison mental hospital ever since.

In this case, we don't know what happened and I'm willing to wait for facts rather than to rush judgment.

JMO

“I could pretty much predict that Mrs. Yates would have another episode of psychosis,” Dr. Eileen Starbranch told jurors in Yates’ murder retrial.

Starbranch said Yates suffered from postpartum psychosis, which the psychiatrist said causes a mother to have delusions and lose touch with reality, a condition much more severe than postpartum depression.

He planned his assassinations for months.
He made them all have a family snuggle before he completed his plan.
He may have assumed and accepted he would be shot. Maybe it was part of his plan.
If it was it failed. The realisation it had failed would have likely kicked in around the time he was being booked in and coincidentally, smashing his head on concrete.
He may have mental health issues, but he is fully aware that his actions have repercussions. He was completely aware of what he was doing/had done, was wrong.
JMO

He planned his assassinations for months.
He made them all have a family snuggle before he completed his plan.
He may have assumed and accepted he would be shot. Maybe it was part of his plan.
If it was it failed. The realisation it had failed would have likely kicked in around the time he was being booked in and coincidentally, smashing his head on concrete.
He may have mental health issues, but he is fully aware that his actions have repercussions. He was completely aware of what he was doing/had done, was wrong.
JMO
BBM. I disagree. I don't believe those who are delusional because they are mentally ill ever have reality "kick in" without receiving medical intervention.

I am not a doctor, but this case reminds me of too many high-profile cases where there was nothing rational about actions which resulted in such horrific tragedies. The mother and sister of those three little boys have suffered unimaginable heartbreak as have the families of all of the other victims.

JMO

Wow, are we seriously trying to say this guy should be let off easily because "he's mentally ill?" It kinda sounds like we're making excuses for him here.

What metric do we use to determine if someone is "mentally ill" or just an evil jerkwad? We look at serial killers and say "wow someone must be mentally ill to do that" (and those guys do always have a few DXs). We say this because it's the only way we can rationalize these things. But just how many of them get sent to institutions instead of prison? How many get to use their "oh s/he's mentally ill" as a literal get out of jail free, they can't help it card?

It's also extremely optimistic to think "most" mentally ill people would seek treatment if they could understand they were mentally ill.

MOO

Wow, are we seriously trying to say this guy should be let off easily because "he's mentally ill?" It kinda sounds like we're making excuses for him here.

What metric do we use to determine if someone is "mentally ill" or just an evil jerkwad? We look at serial killers and say "wow someone must be mentally ill to do that" (and those guys do always have a few DXs). We say this because it's the only way we can rationalize these things. But just how many of them get sent to institutions instead of prison? How many get to use their "oh s/he's mentally ill" as a literal get out of jail free, they can't help it card?

It's also extremely optimistic to think "most" mentally ill people would seek treatment if they could understand they were mentally ill.
I have seen no one here even suggest "this guy should be let off easily." Being incarcerated in a prison mental institution is as confining as a prison.

JMO

Chad Doerman case today. Police say the Clermont Co man, 32, confessed to shooting to death in June his 3, 4 and 7 year old sons. Today Doerman’s atty is arguing the confession was coerced and police shouldn’t have been present when the suspect spoke to a social worker @Local12
https://twitter.com/DavidWinterTV/status/1760321036292116880/photo/1

1708531759765.png

1708531715394.png

Openings: Prosecutor says Doerman’s request for an atty was ambiguous at best. The defense says as soon as he mentioned “Attorney”, the interrogation should have ended, and it did not. It lasted 2.5 hours.

Officer Chad Popham responded to scene on June 15, 2023. Said he approached Doerman who had hunting rifle at side, he followedcommands, was cuffed, put in cruiser and was calm. When detective arrived he asked, “Is that the motherf***er?” in earshot of Doerman.

1708531829256.png

@DavidWinterTV

Dep Jeffrey Rudd said, “I told him he had the right to remain silent — *advertiser censored**ing use it.”He said Doerman said “Take my *advertiser censored* to jail.” Then said, “She started the whole thing.”He confirmed what detective said, and added, “He said, ‘Shut the door before I kill the *advertiser censored**er.’”

1708532645060.png

Edited to include:

On the way to taking Doerman to the Sheriff’s office, Deputy Rudd said, “He had slipped out of his seatbelt was trying to wrap the seatbelt around his neck.”

11:27 AM · Feb 21, 2024

Last edited:
Another reporters' perspective:

@VLyonsTV
https://twitter.com/VLyonsTV
HAPPENING NOWChad Doerman is back in court. He allegedly confessed to deputies during his interrogation that he killed his three sons. His attorneys claim his confession was coerced and today they want the judge to keep it out of the trial.

Prosecution is giving its opening statement arguing there wasn’t any coercion — that Doerman voluntarily speak to law enforcement. They’re calling up two deputies to testify. Their body worn cameras recorded conversations with Doerman.

Doerman’s attorney are now giving their opening statement. They say they fundamentally stand by their motion and that the video recordings speak for themselves, loud and clear. Says Doerman had the wherewithal to say “I want a lawyer. Period.”

The state now calls the first of two deputies to the stand. Deputy Chad Popham assisted in Doerman’s arrest on June 15, 2023.He says when he got to the scene, he saw Doerman sitting on the porch, a gun by his side, and his wife giving CPR to their three sons.

Popham says Doerman started saying he didn’t hurt anyone and was worried about his dog getting out, assuring deputies it wasn’t going to bite anyone. Popham says after Doerman was put in a cruiser, Doerman started banging his head saying it was too hot.

Popham says he lowed the windows for Doerman who then complained his handcuffs were too tight. Pooham says a detective showed up, looked at Doerman, and asked “is that the motherf*****?”

Popham says once the cruiser door was closed the detective walked away and said “close that door before I kill that motherf*****.” @WCPO That concludes prosecution’s questions. The defense is up now.

The defense says during this time Doerman never did anything aggressive or threatening and for the most part, sat still looking stunned. The deputy agrees with that.

The defense says to Deputy Popham, “you heard what the detective said. Did it seem uncommon to you? Did he seem agitated?”Popham responds, “I’d say so, a little. Or at least upset.”

Deputy Jeffrey Rudd is now on the stand.He walked Doerman to his cruiser. Rudd says Doerman asked about his wallet in his back pocket. To that Rudd tells prosecutors he told Doerman to “shut up” that he has the “right to remain silent and to *advertiser censored**ing use it.”

Rudd says Doerman was calm during all of this. “Like it was a normal day.”After Doerman banged his head in the cruiser, the windows were lowers and his cuffs were checked, Rudd says Doerman yelled out, “take my *advertiser censored* to jail.”Rudd says he didn’t respond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back