OH - Dr. William Husel accused of murdering 25 patients w/ Fentanyl Overdoses, Franklin Co, 2019 *not guilty*

Another day of prosecution witnesses that apparently would’ve rather their loved one be kept alive longer rather than be made comfortable. I couldn’t believe the one witness that said he wanted his father to live until his birthday. How selfish and infuriating. Can’t wait to see the pill bottle witness back on the stand today.

Another day of prosecution witnesses that apparently would’ve rather their loved one be kept alive longer rather than be made comfortable. I couldn’t believe the one witness that said he wanted his father to live until his birthday. How selfish and infuriating. Can’t wait to see the pill bottle witness back on the stand today.

I thought no court today but it's possible I misunderstood. Ooops, nevermind, I'm wrong!

ETA: The "keep him alive til birthday" witness (ugh! Didn't like him one bit... and didn't he, at some point, tell the judge the attorney's question was "leading" sheesh :rolleyes:!)

Last edited:
Yes, he said she was leading. Lol.
I know these families have been thru a lot but their lack of understanding of anything that was going on with their loved one’s health and prognosis is unbelievable to me. And now to be outraged at Dr Husel is just so obviously wrong IMO. Just take the lawsuit money and fade off into the sunset.

Really liked this doctor that testified today. I think the prosecutor did a terrible job on cross examination.

I liked him, also. Actually, the prosecution started out okay (making an effort to "catch him" lying on his curriculum vitae, and some possible previous opinion differences) but she ended up failing. imo.

If I am admitted to a hospital experiencing extreme pain and told that I have a terminal disease, just months to live, and that the pain will only get worse from there, I definitely want to be presented with a choice re: pain meds (they key word there is “I”.)

And if that were to happen, I’d hope there was a Dr. like him around.

On the other hand, if he is skipping merrily through the ICU murdering people who had a great chance for recovery, he’s nothing but a murderer or a doctor playing God (which is the same thing, in my book - if that has been the action that he has taken). If that is the case, I’ll tell him to stay the heck away from me, and I’ll keep a small kimber .38acp by my side in case he’s hard of hearing,

I guess continuing to watch the trial is the only way we will know which of the above scenarios played out. If he killed those people w/o a very strong medical reason and w/o lots of communications/family, he needs to go to prison. “First, Do No Harm”

I recently read a really good book that sheds some light on this: ‘Being Mortal’ by Atul Gawande (medicine and what matters in the end). It was very good.

I’ve recently gone though some very difficult, long, drawn out end-of-life scenarios with both of my parents. I am filled with regret (though there’s nothing I could’ve done) and am heartbroken. I don’t want to put myself or my family through what I just witnessed and experienced over those 15 years.

Have we extended lives while ignoring the fact that in some cases the quality of life during those those “added” years may end up being a human suffering horror show?

I don’t have the answers, that’s for sure. But there’s got to be something better.

All jmo

The defense rested... interesting.
Hi fred&edna, I've found it very hit and miss trying to find a channel to watch for this trial. Bits on Law and Crime (which seemed to disappear after day 13) and other days filmed by local media outlets, but again not really labelled on youtube in date order to watch it in continuation.

Do you know of a reliable source for watching the trial on catch up?

Hi fred&edna, I've found it very hit and miss trying to find a channel to watch for this trial. Bits on Law and Crime (which seemed to disappear after day 13) and other days filmed by local media outlets, but again not really labelled on youtube in date order to watch it in continuation.

Most of it is on Law & Crime Channel B and some is on Channel C

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVXOqoOCYbi-iXChKAl6DTQ/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCLaaClAWQiTkl3pw9ZdLw/videos

The defense rested... interesting.

One day after having their first and only witness testify on the stand, the defense rested their case this morning in the murder trial of Dr. William Husel.

The trial has been adjourned for the rest of this week. The jury is scheduled to return at 9:00 a.m. Monday morning to hear closing arguments in the trial.

Source:

Dr. William Husel murder trial: Defense rests case

Https:// www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/husel-investigation/dr-william-husel-murder-trial-livestream-and-summary-for-March-31-2022/

Good to see ya @Tortoise :)

I know Gardenista answered your question but I've actually been watching an Ohio news station here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WBNS/search?query=Husel

Somehow I just don't see this coming to a logical conclusion...it has been a very unconventional trial and expect no less of events next week. If state were smart they would just drop the charges. But seriously hope there is not a jury problem or more.

Could you imagine the outrage from the families that have been led to believe all these years that Dr Husel murdered their family members if the state dropped the charges now?
This whole thing has been an abomination. These patients were dying with no hope of recovery!! Spend this damn money on revamping the system and education on palliative care and education of families in these situations, not trying to convict one MD of murdering 14 people. I’m in the medical field and this whole case has infuriated me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back