GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferretmommy - I know it must be very hard for your family that LE isn't sharing everything with you. I know if it was me, and my precious grandbaby was missing, I would want to know everything that LE knows.

Please know that we are all here for you. Of course, you don't know us from Adam - but WS members are a caring bunch of folks who want to help any way we can.

I'm glad you have a strong, outspoken husband to lean on. You & he have raised your son right. You can both be very proud of him. When others have been making threats of violence, your son has stood strong and has chosen the path of peace.

My deepest prayer & strongest wish is that little Elaina will come home to you very soon.

I have noticed as the girls have gotten older, especially Kylee, she has gotten shorter tempered with them. Seemed like they got on her nerves. Reading up several posts after yours, depression was mentioned, and I believe she was taking meds for it at one time, but as far as I know, she has not been on any in a while.

Thank you. I also suffer from depression and anxiety and have been on different medications in the past. I have a different opinion/reaction than described above to situations (everyone is different though).

My child is autistic and, as is common with autistic children, he tends to wonder off unaware of danger of any kind. He's never been hurt wondering or gotten very far from me; but, I know in those few moments he was out of my view I went into total panic/hysteric mode. I can't reconcile her reaction based on my own reactions. It just boggles my mind.

It seems that AS has been at a lot of the search locations (my opinion I got from news reports and photos) before she was arrested. Has she had much contact or concern for Kylee since Elaina has gone missing?

My heart and mind keeps going back to Kylee and wondering how she is dealing with all of this. Kids know what is going on; and, they always listen to the adults and conversation around them even when we don't think they are. I have no doubt you and your family are taking extra good care of her during this time; but, my heart just aches for her and what she is probably struggling to try to understand right now. Please give her extra hugs and kisses for all of us here.

Ferretmommy - I know it must be very hard for your family that LE isn't sharing everything with you. I know if it was me, and my precious grandbaby was missing, I would want to know everything that LE knows.

Please know that we are all here for you. Of course, you don't know us from Adam - but WS members are a caring bunch of folks who want to help any way we can.

I'm glad you have a strong, outspoken husband to lean on. You & he have raised your son right. You can both be very proud of him. When others have been making threats of violence, your son has stood strong and has chosen the path of peace.

My deepest prayer & strongest wish is that little Elaina will come home to you very soon.

Respectfully B&IBM.

I have to completely agree with those comments regarding the dad. I am amazed by his strength, composure, and maturity. I have no doubt he is an outstanding father. Those are two very lucky little girls!

Thank you. I also suffer from depression and anxiety and have been on different medications in the past. I have a different opinion/reaction than described above to situations (everyone is different though).

My child is autistic and, as is common with autistic children, he tends to wonder off unaware of danger of any kind. He's never been hurt wondering or gotten very far from me; but, I know in those few moments he was out of my view I went into total panic/hysteric mode. I can't reconcile her reaction based on my own reactions. It just boggles my mind.

It seems that AS has been at a lot of the search locations (my opinion I got from news reports and photos) before she was arrested. Has she had much contact or concern for Kylee since Elaina has gone missing?

My heart and mind keeps going back to Kylee and wondering how she is dealing with all of this. Kids know what is going on; and, they always listen to the adults and conversation around them even when we don't think they are. I have no doubt you and your family are taking extra good care of her during this time; but, my heart just aches for her and what she is probably struggling to try to understand right now. Please give her extra hugs and kisses for all of us here.

Same, I suffer from depression, anxiety and borderline personality disorder.. And if my boys wander out the back door (mr 2 can open it, me 1 crawls after him) I'm in a fit of hysterics.. Although neither of them are autistic so I can't relate there.

However the BPD does make me somewhat emotionally void and I don't regulate emotions, something I'm trying to work through for the sake or mr 1 & mr 2...

Praying little Elaina is home soon safe and well x x

I've been reading for over a week now and haven't had much to contribute until today, but I just wanted to remind folks that not every parent -not even every good parent- will react with tears in a crisis. Innocent mothers have been convicted and spent years in jail before they were exonerated, largely because they were matter of fact in public and not prone to hysterics. And innocent mothers have been convicted because they were hysterical and people thought it was an act. You're really damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't think that it's evidence one way or the other, but it's certainly scary for a mother like myself who would probably be one of those flat affect, matter of fact mothers if anything were to happen to my child. I just detach from situations that are too horrible to face head on, it's the only way I can go on to do what needs to be done, in fact I was taught to do precisely that when I was a volunteer EMT back in the day.

I've been reading for over a week now and haven't had much to contribute until today, but I just wanted to remind folks that not every parent -not even every good parent- will react with tears in a crisis. Innocent mothers have been convicted and spent years in jail before they were exonerated, largely because they were matter of fact in public and not prone to hysterics. And innocent mothers have been convicted because they were hysterical and people thought it was an act. You're really damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't think that it's evidence one way or the other, but it's certainly scary for a mother like myself who would probably be one of those flat affect, matter of fact mothers if anything were to happen to my child. I just detach from situations that are too horrible to face head on, it's the only way I can go on to do what needs to be done, in fact I was taught to do precisely that when I was a volunteer EMT back in the day.
I could maybe begin to understand that but then she (Angela) cried for herself in court. Not Elaina but herself. So we know the tears are there when she has fear and is upset.

MOO

Yeah--this stuff scares me a bit, because I am very much the type of person to shut down in times of crisis, and I naturally have a monotone voice and flat affect (strongly suspect I am somewhere on the high functioning end of autism spectrum for this and many many other reasons). Combine all that with an occasionally black and inappropriate sense of humor, and if I ever became inadvertently involved in a criminal investigation, I can guarantee WS would have me diagnosed as a sociopath within about 45 seconds. :/

I agree with you. Everyone reacts differently. That's why I wanted to ask what her "norm" would be. I have family that work in EMT; so, I absolutely understand what you mean by training not to show your true emotions. That's the only way you can do your job.

I guess what really got me about AS was her words. It seemed to be a lot of "I, I, I" and "me, me, me" that disturbed me. The "whatever to keep me comfortable and from losing my mind" (paraphrasing) really struck me the wrong way.

I've been reading for days without much input as well and just had to ask what "her norm" before was like. Sometimes it's just really hard to know, especially if you don't know that person.

ETA: AS's reaction in court really got me as well. Finally some tears and fear were clearly present then; but, I didn't feel they were for Elaina.

Crying or not crying, showing emotion or not showing emotion is one thing.

The fact of the matter is: Angela (and this is who we're talking about here) did not seek medical care for her seriously injured toddler. I couldn't care less if Angela possesses a stiff upper lip that rivals the Queen of England during a time of crisis.

What I care about (and apparently LE cares about, as well) is whether or not Angela sought emergency medical care for her seriously injured baby girl.

Angela DID NOT seek medical care for her seriously injured baby.

That's all I need to know about Angela, in terms of her concern (or lack of) for her children.

AS has never kept only 1 of the 2 girls as far as I know. And as far as the clothing, I don't know what she was wearing when TJ dropped the kids off. I do know that both girls had toys and clothes still over there, b/c the Thursday after she became missing, AS was at SK's house retrieving clothes, & toys belonging to both girls and putting them into her "dad's" truck to take to his house. Still showing no emotion at all, even when handling the things.

After Elaina was missing? That seems odd.. why would she be doing that I wonder? very odd indeed, and especially showing no emotion after her daughter went missing and who knows what had happened... FM Im up in Ont Canada following this very concerned, and many are up here, so you know how far her disappearance has been noticed.. you have prayers from all over with our hope and love that she returns to your family :heartbeat::heartbeat:

Crying or not crying, showing emotion or not showing emotion is one thing.

The fact of the matter is: Angela (and this is who we're talking about here) did not seek medical care for her seriously injured toddler. I couldn't care less if Angela possesses a stiff upper lip that rivals the Queen of England during a time of crisis.

What I care about (and apparently LE cares about, as well) is whether or not Angela sought emergency medical care for her seriously injured baby girl.

Angela DID NOT seek medical care for her seriously injured baby.

That's all I need to know about Angela, in terms of her concern (or lack of) for her children.

AND she cried like a baby in court..... worrying about herself.

AND she cried like a baby in court..... worrying about herself.

True ! Does she have flat emotions or not? She can clearly gussy up some tears when her own butt's on the hot seat ! So I would say that's not classic flat emotions, right?

Ferretmommy,

I came into this case late. I had not heard about this sweet baby until it aired on Nancy Grace. I felt compelled to find out more. I am still reading and catching up on the first thread. I am realizing you have been asked and have answered so many questions over and over. I apologize for asking questions you had already answered.

I can't thank you enough for the insight you have given to us as well as your patience with our questioning and theories. I can't begin to imagine the hell you and your family are living through right now. I can't and don't want to imagine all that baby Elaina has been through. I feel like I know this sweet baby from reading your posts. I thank you, with all of my heart, for allowing all of us into your life during such a difficult time. I know all of us here have you, your family, and especially baby Elaina in our thoughts and prayers. May she be back in your arms soon.

Don't know if anyone posted the link to this article yet..

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/06/14/Mom-accused-of-not-getting-help.html

There were searchers all over the East side today. Very sad. It was hot and muggy, we had a little rain and it's pretty gloomy out now. The Maumee River, particularly on the Eastside of Toledo is disgusting, dirty, and contaminated and I give anyone credit that is down there searching and wading around.
My personal opinion is that Elaina was NEVER there at the house when dad came to get her. Mom was just flying by the seat of her pants trying to cover.
So SK's mother is the last one to supposedly see Elaina on Saturday night when she let them stay, correct? I have not heard anything in town about her reportedly seeing any injuries on Elaina that night and she then stated she did not see her at all on Sunday so we have to think that something happened to Elaina late Saturday night/Sunday morning?
Trash pick up for Federal Street and Valleywood is on Tuesdays. We do not have garbagemen per se...we have the trucks that have the arm that comes down, picks up the HUGE can the city gives us and dumps it. There is no one that actually looks at the garbage as it goes into top of truck and no way of knowing what is in can. There have been no reports that I have heard that police have looked in landfill yet. Why not?? There is usually no pick up on the weekends but there was garbage pick up going on LATE into Saturday evening for certain areas of Toledo because we ran a day late that week because of the holiday. I know because my garbage wasn't picked up until about 8PM that day and I'm in west toledo. I know I'm rambling but I just don't understand why we haven't heard anything about searching landfill? I mean her MOTHER just happens to find the diaper?? Her mother says the clothes she was wearing were found in the house?? To me..those are 2 things that could have been purposely done to send people looking in the wrong direction...at the Maumee River instead of the landfill where garbage from WEst Toledo was dumped late Saturday night. So frustrating.

Hi jashrema, Elaina's sister has said that she and Elaina slept together Saturday evening/Sunday night, so she couldn't be in any trash cans that were emptied Saturday evening. :seeya:

True ! Does she have flat emotions or not? She can clearly gussy up some tears when her own butt's on the hot seat ! So I would say that's not classic flat emotions, right?

Its hard to say because we dont know her personally how she handles her emotions. Myself after watching her in court and comparing that to the pressers it really angered me that she didnt have that emotion when her daughter went missing, wed all be distraught, sick, not able to speak etc etc, but to give her the benefit of the doubt IF I were, she could have some sort of relief allowing her to finally unload grief, emotions we really dont know. Was she a drug user? That would affect her alot too when she was out if using, and in /not using.. I do think its only fair to wait for the whole story, whatever it be in the end but yes I admit it really p'd me off seeing her only cry in court and break down wanting to "go home" wherever that is too.. I seen her lawyer say dont talk to..etc ..etc.. but for her sake and elainas if elainas still alive she SHOULD be talking.. dont know what to think:fencefall:

Hi jashrema, Elaina's sister has said that she and Elaina slept together Saturday evening/Sunday night, so she couldn't be in any trash cans that were emptied Saturday evening. :seeya:

A little girl could easily get their days/nights mixed up, especially under stress. I don't know how any child that age, would know the difference between a Saturday or a Monday? I have been reading along, not posting so maybe I missed how this is confirmed?

Hoping and praying for Elaina to be returned safely.

A little girl could easily get their days/nights mixed up, especially under stress. I don't know how any child that age, would know the difference between a Saturday or a Monday? I have been reading along, not posting so maybe I missed how this is confirmed?

Hoping and praying for Elaina to be returned safely.

I think the reason people know which night K was referring to was that she spent the weeknights at Dad's, and that weekend with mom. So that would have been the night she was referring to when she said she slept on the floor next to her baby sis.

Does the mom have a birth mark on her forehead? I noticed in the video where she talks about keeping herself comfortable that there appears to be a bruise or birth mark on her forehead at her hairline and possibly even a black eye. I'm just wondering if it could be bruising, birth mark, or just an issue with lighting from the camera. I guess I'm wondering if there was any physical domestic abuse between her and SK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner