GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ferretmommy, I read someplace that the maroon van disappeared with SK and Mike when TJ and his dad got there aroudn 2:30 in the afternoon, and further read that it appeared back in the alley or wherever around 2:30am.

Can you please tell me if that's correct to the best of your knowledge? That would give somebody 12 hours worth of round trip driving time to take Elaina someplace. I know SK Jr showed up much sooner than 12 hours later but apparently teh van did not so SOMEONE was driving it. That would mean six hours to a location and six hours back, which could be for sure in another state, maybe a couple of other states.

I'm trying to find a media link so I can figure out if the statement that it showed back up around 2:30 might've meant pm and not am, which would mean it was only gone a few minutes. Thanks for any help you can give!

FINALLY! I must have looked for nearly 90 minutes to find where I heard that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m5q_v8xQDxg (Published June 13, 2013)

Interview with Richard Schiewe just after Angela was arrested -

"You were talking about a red van, whats that all about?

That van was Steven, the boyfriend's, van - the day that the baby come up missing they couldn't... I couldn't... they looked for that red van, the police looked for it they couldn't find it, 2:30 in the morning the next day the red van shows up in the alley with metal license plates on it, expired. The next morning, the plates were off of it with an expired 30-day tag on it. Now, when they towed it, it's got metal plates.

You're talking about the maroon one?
Yes."

That van was gone from the time she went missing until 2:30am. That is twelve hours. Yes, SK showed up way sooner but if Steven and Mike left in the van and Steven showed back up, where the H. was (is) Mike?

TWELVE HOURS. Do you guys know how far away someone could've gone in 6 hours one way, 6 hours another? :scared:

They must widen the search. Statistics be damned, Elaina isn't going to be a 1-2 mile radius from the place of disappearance. IMO

-----
ETA a bit more from this interview-
"From what I understand from everybody, Steven and this guy Mike that lives in the house ran out the back door when TJ's dad came over to keep the peace they went out the back door and got in that van and went somewhere."

-----

edit 2 - I know I've heard calls on the scanner about expired tags and stuff, I'm wondering if this van was noted on scanner calls during the time it had the switched tags/plates....

nobody switches the plates for awhile to go do nothing suspicious whatsoever, JMO

22583138_SS.jpg

source - http://www.toledonewsnow.com/category/265467/search-for-elaina-missing-toddler

Where are you sweetheart ?

I fear the answer is "about six hours away" by the look of it now. :(

How far can you go from Toledo, Ohio in six hours? well for example google maps says Buffalo, NY is only 5 hours.
Pittsburgh, PA is only 3.5 hours. So is Indianapolis, IN.
Detroit, MI is only an hour each way (so far we have four additional possible states to look in, now)...
Lexington, KY is 4.5 hours so there's another ...
Chicago, IL is under 4 hours each way... (now we have 7 total states to search, minimum)

I guess my point is sufficiently illustrated. For the first time in this case, I feel like giving up. :(

Not sure who first brought up Goodyear St in Oregon, OH but according to multiple public records, "Mike" is from Oregon, OH.

How far can you go from Toledo, Ohio in six hours? well for example google maps says Buffalo, NY is only 5 hours.
Detroit, MI is only an hour each way (so far we have four additional possible states to look in, now)...
Chicago, IL is under 4 hours each way... (now we have 7 total states to search, minimum)

I guess my point is sufficiently illustrated. For the first time in this case, I feel like giving up. :(

The roadway north/south is I75, east/west is Ohio Turnpike. Either is the shortest and fastest route out of Toledo. I75 has cameras everywhere in the vicinity and Im the turnpike tollbooths do as well. I wonder if any of these have been looked at? I know there are multiple alternative routes, but most likely this was captured on some intersection camera within the city. Atleast one could get an idea of which direction they were traveling.

Thanks everyone for the info on SK. I really don't know what to think about him. I have a friend who, by sheer and unusual coincidence, lives in Toledo. He is a recovered addict and helps other addicts. A guy he helped died earlier this year from a heroin overdose. And I learned a little about him through my friend. The deceased was an incredibly kind and generous individual. And it helped me to understand that being a heroin addict doesn't necessarily have an inclination toward violence merely because of his addiction. If they are violent, they are probably violent with or without an addiction. At least, that's my working theory.

SBM, BBM - revisiting some key elements to this case and need to comment on this --

"That's all I can tell you, not why she's in jail"

He cannot tell us why she's in jail, he can only go as far as telling us that she was threatened that she would be next.

Jail is a secure location for her. But he can't tell us why she's in jail. (If she was ONLY in jail for the charges against her there would be nothing he wasn't telling us.)...

let me be blunt.

I think he's saying that part of why his daughter is in jail right now is because it's a safe place for her while they go find SK and Mike and get enough against them to charge them. They can't leave her out there while they're out there, if they threatened her. And they can't bring the guys in instead of her, because they're the only one who knows where Elaina is, so they HAVE to be able to watch them and see if they're led to her location.

If you have to lock up either Angela or SK & Mike to keep her safe, then they had no choice but to lock her up. And the public was crying for it anyway.

"I can't tell you why she's in jail".... "All I can tell you is that she was threatened"..... paraphrased summary... says to me that there's a reason she's in jail aside from the obvious... and that it's tied to the threats....

IMO JMO etc

So she is in protective custody??? Oooooooooookay.

She was charged with endangerment/neglect, was she not? We saw her in court for the arraignment on the video. Those charges are why she is in jail... not to protect her from anybody else.
So why would she be next? What does she know that puts her in danger from these people?
I'm not buying it, sorry. I feel sorry for her stepdad, but this is not realistic thinking, IMO.

Praying for Elaina to be found.
Praying for her family today, especially her Dad.
May someone involved find an ounce of decency and give the family some answers.

I agree, GGE. I don't see anything unusual in the video, either, but so many posters have commented on it that it leads me to wonder if perhaps I may have missed something.

If there are "irregularities" in the video, I would like them to be pointed out to me, so that I can ascertain for myself if I believe they exist.

Preface this by saying that I only watched on iPad, full-screen but still...

It seemed like there was a pixelated region on the lower right (my right) corner of the video, just like a little rectangle. It caught my attention but then I kind of brushed it off until I noticed other posters discussing it. I'm not an expert on videos or anything so I have no idea. At first I thought that maybe it was a location stamp or username (for the computer where the video was fed) or something...like I said, I'm no expert!

Regarding the actual video (not in reply to Sorrell necessarily):

the weather...was this supposed to be the cold, wet day? Just curious because I didn't notice that in the video. Angela's hair, the way it moves, looks dry. (Again I'm no expert! Just a thought) Also, i didn't notice that she had an umbrella or raincoat or a "roof" for Elaina's stroller. Plus, when she and Elaina were sitting on the stoop, it looked like they might be slightly out from under the roof, which would surprise me if it was even drizzling. (She also left the stroller sitting just off where I thought that the roof ended.)

True ! Does she have flat emotions or not? She can clearly gussy up some tears when her own butt's on the hot seat ! So I would say that's not classic flat emotions, right?

It makes sense to me that she'd start crying in court, finally realizing that her child is probably dead and her own life is over. Before then she could still have been in denial.

So she is in protective custody??? Oooooooooookay.

She was charged with endangerment/neglect, was she not? We saw her in court for the arraignment on the video. Those charges are why she is in jail... not to protect her from anybody else.
So why would she be next? What does she know that puts her in danger from these people?
I'm not buying it, sorry. I feel sorry for her stepdad, but this is not realistic thinking, IMO.

Those are the obvious reasons she's in jail, yes. And she has to pay for what she's done (the endangerment).

All I'm saying is that his wording suggests there is more to it than what is being said. Then suggested a hypothesis as to what that might be.

I never meant to suggest that was the ONLY reason, sorry if I wasn't clear.

Praying for Elaina to be found.
Praying for her family today, especially her Dad.
May someone involved find an ounce of decency and give the family some answers.

I can't think of a more painful and cruel Father's Day for TJ and his family.

That van isn't going anywhere without gas and a lot of it if they drove 12 hours. And my guess is that didn't have a lot of cash on them so somewhere there is a record or records of gas being purchased by one of these guys debit cards. I am sure they are looking at all their transactions, including the ones taking money out of ATMs.

That van isn't going anywhere without gas and a lot of it if they drove 12 hours. And my guess is that didn't have a lot of cash on them so somewhere there is a record or records of gas being purchased by one of these guys debit cards. I am sure they are looking at all their transactions, including the ones taking money out of ATMs.

This is a good point. My drive to FL was about 11.5 hours and I spent nearly $500 on gas each way. I drive a large SUV so I know that makes a difference but probably not much compared to a van.

Thinking of TJ today. Please let today be the day that Elaina is found alive!

Hi jashrema, Elaina's sister has said that she and Elaina slept together Saturday evening/Sunday night, so she couldn't be in any trash cans that were emptied Saturday evening.

Thanks for that info. My question remains tho...if someone can tell me they have searhed the landfill and if no..why not??

Also, Judy..SK's mom has been quoted numerous times as saying that she didn't see Elaina at all on Sunday. WTH? Where did she think she was all day long? Didn't she ask? Hey..where's the baby? What excuse has she given? As far as I'm concerned, Miss Judy knows and is protecting her son.

To answer another poster...from East Toledo, you can get to Michigan in about 10-15 min.

Has the four yr old been questioned?

FM said she has. I can't remember exactly when and by whom but luckily FM isn't a prolific poster so you can probably go back and read all of her posts in a matter of minutes. I'm using the Tapatalk app right now and I can't get it to load her earliest posts from her profile or I would pull that quote for you.

Could this be deliberate?
te to hurt them?

Unfortunately, no. I don't think AS or the others have the brains to think that that far ahead. IMO, Elaina was badly/fatally injured and the disappearance was more or less spur of the moment to cover someone's tracks. I honestly don't believe it was a well thought out plan, "they" just got lucky as far as concealing Elaina and LE not being able to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther