OH - Emily Noble, 52, Westerville, 24 May 2020 *husband not guilty*

Search continues: Search for missing Westerville woman included dive in Hoover Reservoir

They have not determined this as a suspicious case nor do they believe there was foul play involved, but that is based on the information they have. The reporter said that the Police asked the husband not to give any details out surrounding her disappearance. (??) Ok, that is specific.

In the early days there were indications that the husband wasn't much forthcoming with information. Is this still the case?

I imagine that he is their main suspect and they don't want him to think that they have any notion that there's foul play, if they can pretend to be on the "same side" as him, they will have more chances to catch him in a lie, that pressure often makes people shut up so fast and they cannot afford to do that.
MOO

she seems like an amazing woman that I would have gotten along with really well. Given her lifestyle and what she was interested in, I personally feel this is foul play, or possibly an accident, but I don't believe she left on her own free will. again MOO

Missing for almost 2 months with no leads. The husband was posting to FB from EN's phone the night she went missing and the next day and now has lawyered up? I wonder if he was posting to her FB or his own. Why was he on her phone at all, does he not have his own phone? Lots of strange things not adding up. I'm afraid this won't have a good outcome.

There seems to be an awful lot of cases like this lately with similar details.

Um... I'm not 100% sure, but im thinking you need more info than this to start a thread??

FAQ/What We Know:

1. When did Emily disappear?

Emily was last seen in public by her neighbor on May 24, 2020. Emily was at her home and her neighbor saw her sometime between 7-8p. May 24th was also Emily’s birthday and she and her husband visited a natural spring in Buchtel, Ohio (near Athens, OH) that morning. Emily and her husband spent the afternoon and evening of the 24th in Uptown Westerville where they attended a Memorial Day flag ceremony and stopped at Jimmy V’s, The Old Bag of Nails, and Koble restaurants prior to coming home. Her husband reported that they went to bed shortly after returning home that evening.

2. When were police notified?

Emily was reported missing to the police just before 6p on Monday (5/25) by her husband. Her husband told police that when he awoke at about 10a on 5/25, she was gone. He initially believed she had gone for a walk and hadn’t returned. Police said her husband reported that he woke up sometime in the middle of the night to use the restroom and not wanting to disturb Emily, he went to go sleep in the other bedroom.

3. What did Emily take with her?

Emily did not take her phone, car, purse, wallet, keys, or ID. We do not know what she was wearing. Police executed a search warrant on the home and any information related to that search is under seal.

4. What are police doing to find her?

The Westerville Police extensively searched the land and water areas near her home and continue to do so. They’ve also gotten support from FBI, Texas Equesearch, and regional and state law enforcement. They’ve used drones, sonar, search dogs, search and rescue divers, and other search technologies in their efforts. Police collected video footage and any available ring camera footage in the search and have also spoken to neighbors and friends and coworkers of Emily. Search dogs did not pick up a scent of Emily leaving the home.

5. Have there been any sightings since 5/24?

There were early reports of Emily being spotted in Franklinton and the downtown Columbus, Ohio area as well as a few other locations in the Columbus metro area. However, there is a woman who looks a lot like Em often seen walking throughout downtown. If you think you see Em, try to snap a photo- a photo can be verified by friends and family almost immediately. Following up on leads takes energy and resources from the search efforts so a photo is enormously helpful- you’d be surprised how many petite women resembling Emily are wandering around the Columbus metro area at any given time! No early sightings of Emily were confirmed by police.

6) Who do I call if I have a tip to share with police?

If you have information related to Emily, especially from the dates of May 24 to today, contact the WPD Investigations section (614) 901-6881 or WPD Tipline (614) 901-6866 (via email at tipline@westerville.org). Calls and information are anonymous. Information may also be provided on the non-emergency line at (614) 882-7444.

7) Is anyone checking area hospitals and shelters?

Local hospitals and shelters are being checked by police. Members of this group are emailing and sending flyers to hospitals and shelters regularly (under “announcements,” look for the map- it’s updated in real time). Coroners for Franklin Co and adjacent counties do not have any unidentified bodies matching Emily’s description since 5/24. A body found near the bike trail downtown in early June is not Emily.

8. How can I assist in the search efforts?

Check the map under “Announcements” for more information related to ongoing searches or check to see if a certain area has been searched. Please read the instructions above the map to best understand and utilize the map. Practice social distancing when you’re searching and please don’t go alone.

9. What flyer should I use to share with friends and neighbors?

We encourage everyone to print, post, or share the flyer posted under “Announcements.” If a stranger offers to pick up or drop off flyers to you, please meet in a public space, preferably outdoors, and wear a mask. Since we are in a pandemic, try to print your own flyers if possible. Make sure your flyers list the contact information for the Westerville Police and a detailed description and photo of Emily.

10. I heard that Emily was last seen on Monday morning?

There was an early report that a neighbor saw Emily in her garage on the morning of Monday, May 25 at around 9-10a. The neighbor has since recanted that statement as he was unable to remember which morning he saw her (Sunday or Monday).

11. What was Emily’s state of mind prior to her disappearance?

Emily’s closest friends and co-workers who spoke or texted with her in the days leading up to her disappearance say she was fine, no unusual behavior. Emily’s personal FB posts and comments/messages to others did not indicate any type of issue, illness, or crisis. Emily responded to happy birthday messages sent by friends on Facebook or via text throughout the day on Sunday.

12. Did Emily’s coworkers notice any change in her behavior at work?

Emily has worked for the State of Ohio in the Medicaid office for many years and had been working from home in the prior weeks due to the pandemic. She was supposed to be returning to work the week she went missing and many of her colleagues and coworkers were looking forward to being back together and seeing Emily. Many of Emily’s coworkers have known her for many years and have expressed shock and grief around her disappearance. She last logged on to her work email on May 22, 2020.

13. Are there areas other than Westerville where Emily might be?

Emily grew up in Westerville and had moved back there about 3 years ago. Prior to returning to Westerville, Emily spent many years living in the Italian Village area of the Short North, just north of downtown Columbus, OH. She’s a well known face in Italian Village and was active in her community. When Emily lived in the Short North area, she frequented local restaurants and businesses, and devoted hours of her time volunteering for music festivals and arts events, and lending her green thumb to neighborhood beautification projects. Emily could often be seen walking or riding her bike around the neighborhood and had many friends there. Emily’s friends and neighbors in her old neighborhood are shocked and saddened by her disappearance- many have known Emily for decades.

14. Who is running this group?

Emily’s friend Wendy started this group shortly after Emily went missing as a place to share information and updates related to Emily’s disappearance and search efforts. The page is being moderated and managed by friends of Emily wanting to assist in the search efforts and it is updated often. Emily’s sister also regularly shares vital information with our group and others as needed.

Note: A press conference was held by WDP on 6/18 and revealed new details that are updated above.

Emily loves nature and visiting all the Columbus area parks so please keep your eyes open for her in those places as well.

Police ask for help finding Westerville woman who disappeared the night of her birthday

Thank you!

Emily seems like such a lovely lady it is very worrying. I'm assuming the police have checked any cctv around the area and have they asked neighbours if they have cameras that could of caught an image of her.
I wish I knew the answer to that. A lot of people think she got lost in woods while foraging. She was into edible plants. I personally think she was abducted but when I post that on her FB search page, people disagree.

FAQ/What We Know:

1. When did Emily disappear?

Emily was last seen in public by her neighbor on May 24, 2020. Emily was at her home and her neighbor saw her sometime between 7-8p. May 24th was also Emily’s birthday and she and her husband visited a natural spring in Buchtel, Ohio (near Athens, OH) that morning. Emily and her husband spent the afternoon and evening of the 24th in Uptown Westerville where they attended a Memorial Day flag ceremony and stopped at Jimmy V’s, The Old Bag of Nails, and Koble restaurants prior to coming home. Her husband reported that they went to bed shortly after returning home that evening.

2. When were police notified?

Emily was reported missing to the police just before 6p on Monday (5/25) by her husband. Her husband told police that when he awoke at about 10a on 5/25, she was gone. He initially believed she had gone for a walk and hadn’t returned. Police said her husband reported that he woke up sometime in the middle of the night to use the restroom and not wanting to disturb Emily, he went to go sleep in the other bedroom.

3. What did Emily take with her?

Emily did not take her phone, car, purse, wallet, keys, or ID. We do not know what she was wearing. Police executed a search warrant on the home and any information related to that search is under seal.

4. What are police doing to find her?

The Westerville Police extensively searched the land and water areas near her home and continue to do so. They’ve also gotten support from FBI, Texas Equesearch, and regional and state law enforcement. They’ve used drones, sonar, search dogs, search and rescue divers, and other search technologies in their efforts. Police collected video footage and any available ring camera footage in the search and have also spoken to neighbors and friends and coworkers of Emily. Search dogs did not pick up a scent of Emily leaving the home.

5. Have there been any sightings since 5/24?

There were early reports of Emily being spotted in Franklinton and the downtown Columbus, Ohio area as well as a few other locations in the Columbus metro area. However, there is a woman who looks a lot like Em often seen walking throughout downtown. If you think you see Em, try to snap a photo- a photo can be verified by friends and family almost immediately. Following up on leads takes energy and resources from the search efforts so a photo is enormously helpful- you’d be surprised how many petite women resembling Emily are wandering around the Columbus metro area at any given time! No early sightings of Emily were confirmed by police.

6) Who do I call if I have a tip to share with police?

If you have information related to Emily, especially from the dates of May 24 to today, contact the WPD Investigations section (614) 901-6881 or WPD Tipline (614) 901-6866 (via email at tipline@westerville.org). Calls and information are anonymous. Information may also be provided on the non-emergency line at (614) 882-7444.

7) Is anyone checking area hospitals and shelters?

Local hospitals and shelters are being checked by police. Members of this group are emailing and sending flyers to hospitals and shelters regularly (under “announcements,” look for the map- it’s updated in real time). Coroners for Franklin Co and adjacent counties do not have any unidentified bodies matching Emily’s description since 5/24. A body found near the bike trail downtown in early June is not Emily.

8. How can I assist in the search efforts?

Check the map under “Announcements” for more information related to ongoing searches or check to see if a certain area has been searched. Please read the instructions above the map to best understand and utilize the map. Practice social distancing when you’re searching and please don’t go alone.

9. What flyer should I use to share with friends and neighbors?

We encourage everyone to print, post, or share the flyer posted under “Announcements.” If a stranger offers to pick up or drop off flyers to you, please meet in a public space, preferably outdoors, and wear a mask. Since we are in a pandemic, try to print your own flyers if possible. Make sure your flyers list the contact information for the Westerville Police and a detailed description and photo of Emily.

10. I heard that Emily was last seen on Monday morning?

There was an early report that a neighbor saw Emily in her garage on the morning of Monday, May 25 at around 9-10a. The neighbor has since recanted that statement as he was unable to remember which morning he saw her (Sunday or Monday).

11. What was Emily’s state of mind prior to her disappearance?

Emily’s closest friends and co-workers who spoke or texted with her in the days leading up to her disappearance say she was fine, no unusual behavior. Emily’s personal FB posts and comments/messages to others did not indicate any type of issue, illness, or crisis. Emily responded to happy birthday messages sent by friends on Facebook or via text throughout the day on Sunday.

12. Did Emily’s coworkers notice any change in her behavior at work?

Emily has worked for the State of Ohio in the Medicaid office for many years and had been working from home in the prior weeks due to the pandemic. She was supposed to be returning to work the week she went missing and many of her colleagues and coworkers were looking forward to being back together and seeing Emily. Many of Emily’s coworkers have known her for many years and have expressed shock and grief around her disappearance. She last logged on to her work email on May 22, 2020.

13. Are there areas other than Westerville where Emily might be?

Emily grew up in Westerville and had moved back there about 3 years ago. Prior to returning to Westerville, Emily spent many years living in the Italian Village area of the Short North, just north of downtown Columbus, OH. She’s a well known face in Italian Village and was active in her community. When Emily lived in the Short North area, she frequented local restaurants and businesses, and devoted hours of her time volunteering for music festivals and arts events, and lending her green thumb to neighborhood beautification projects. Emily could often be seen walking or riding her bike around the neighborhood and had many friends there. Emily’s friends and neighbors in her old neighborhood are shocked and saddened by her disappearance- many have known Emily for decades.

14. Who is running this group?

Emily’s friend Wendy started this group shortly after Emily went missing as a place to share information and updates related to Emily’s disappearance and search efforts. The page is being moderated and managed by friends of Emily wanting to assist in the search efforts and it is updated often. Emily’s sister also regularly shares vital information with our group and others as needed.

Note: A press conference was held by WDP on 6/18 and revealed new details that are updated above.

Emily loves nature and visiting all the Columbus area parks so please keep your eyes open for her in those places as well.

Police ask for help finding Westerville woman who disappeared the night of her birthday

Thank you!

So I always thought she went missing on the 24th because she went for a walk during that day. Now your summary indicates she went missing on the morning of the 25th. (Also given by the fact that the neighbor isn't sure about the day.) Thank you for clearing that up.

So the husband didn't noticed she left or was gone because after his bathroom visit he spent the night and morning in another bedroom. This is correct right? She was still there when he visited the bathroom.

Someone who loves nature, takes long walks and makes pictures of those walks, doesn't bring her phone, ID and keys with her. This case is confusing. Now it becomes the question in which state did she leave the house.

Wondering if the clothes she wore out for dinner are accounted for? If they went to bed shortly after getting home from the birthday outings she must have changed into sleepwear. If she left again the next morning, then her sleepwear should be at home as she would have got changed to go walking. Just MOO but I don’t think this lady made it to bed that night ☹️

Wondering if the clothes she wore out for dinner are accounted for? If they went to bed shortly after getting home from the birthday outings she must have changed into sleepwear. If she left again the next morning, then her sleepwear should be at home as she would have got changed to go walking. Just MOO but I don’t think this lady made it to bed that night ☹️

Me either sadly

Timeline is absolutely bizarre, IMHO. Echoes the question in the Morphew case of if there ever really was a bike ride!
Did Em Noble ever come home from the restaurant and bars after her birthday celebration? MM says she went for an AM foraging trip and never returned, but he apparently didn't see her leave??
This hubby is behaving oddly, IMHO.

This all rests on whether she really left in the morning, what is the area like near her home and her favourite walking, foraging sites would she be likely to pass other people, dog walkers etc or any businesses' with cameras on route although maybe a lot of cameras are switched off because of covid and often they only show the person if there in the actual building. Its going to be difficult to prove if she left or not.

This all rests on whether she really left in the morning, what is the area like near her home and her favourite walking, foraging sites would she be likely to pass other people, dog walkers etc or any businesses' with cameras on route although maybe a lot of cameras are switched off because of covid and often they only show the person if there in the actual building. Its going to be difficult to prove if she left or not.
A recent article states Westerville PD notes the last confirmed sighting of Em was Sunday evening, I believe it was the husband saying she was gone when he woke up on Monday that everyone assumed she went for a morning walk. Her neighborhood is a very nice upscale, wealthy part of Westerville, very low crime. I live very close to there but am usually there in the afternoons during the week, however, on the weekend mornings that I've been there, there are always many people out - walking, biking, running. There are sidewalks and bike trails everywhere. As much as Em enjoyed her walks, I doubt there'd ever be a time no one was out, except maybe before 7 am. Her condo is located off two main roads that see loads of traffic. I think it's less likely a stranger abduction due to all of these reasons. However, there have been a couple hit and runs (one a bicyclist and one a pedestrian) in nearby areas within the past 5ish years. Both of those cases were solved fairly quickly. I wonder if she either was badly injured while foraging or maybe was a victim of hit and run and was knocked into some wooded area. There are quite a few wooded areas and the Hoover Dam area is so large, with so many coves, I don't think it could ever be completely searched. Police ask for help finding Westerville woman who disappeared the night of her birthday

So Em went missing on her birthday??? So sad and she seems like such a delightful woman. I’m hoping it’s a mental thing and she is located soon.

She is very devoted to her plants, garden, etc. that’s the only thing that makes me think possible foul play. She would not be making FB posts of all the new growth of her herbs, plants, etc if she was planning on leaving. She seemed very “rooted” where she was and into cultivating what she could from her surroundings.

I hope she is found soon. :(

A recent article states Westerville PD notes the last confirmed sighting of Em was Sunday evening, I believe it was the husband saying she was gone when he woke up on Monday that everyone assumed she went for a morning walk. Her neighborhood is a very nice upscale, wealthy part of Westerville, very low crime. I live very close to there but am usually there in the afternoons during the week, however, on the weekend mornings that I've been there, there are always many people out - walking, biking, running. There are sidewalks and bike trails everywhere. As much as Em enjoyed her walks, I doubt there'd ever be a time no one was out, except maybe before 7 am. Her condo is located off two main roads that see loads of traffic. I think it's less likely a stranger abduction due to all of these reasons. However, there have been a couple hit and runs (one a bicyclist and one a pedestrian) in nearby areas within the past 5ish years. Both of those cases were solved fairly quickly. I wonder if she either was badly injured while foraging or maybe was a victim of hit and run and was knocked into some wooded area. There are quite a few wooded areas and the Hoover Dam area is so large, with so many coves, I don't think it could ever be completely searched. Police ask for help finding Westerville woman who disappeared the night of her birthday

Problem is we don't know the time frame. Police might have an indication based on cameras, I presume. On the other hand they are searching in all directions. In one of the first articles about her disappearance Police stated she was last seen Monday 9am (Outside of her home).
Now most recently it was stated she was last seen in her home. There is only one possible witness to that, her husband, but he switched bedrooms during the night, after a bathroom visit.

So she left the house without her belongings. Why?

Westerville police ask for public's help finding 'endangered' missing woman

I am just mystified by the lack of progress (or progress that has been made public!) in this case.
The more I think about it, the more implausible it seems to me that a spouse, having gotten up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, would then head back to sleep NOT in the same room in which they were previously sleeping, but in a completely separate bedroom because they didn't want to wake up their spouse by returning to bed. Even if one's spouse was a light sleeper, one might consider the fact that that the sudden absence of another body in the bed with them might wake that spouse up anyway. I don't think this weird detail is necessarily indicative of anything nefarious on the husband's part, but I do wonder if this was something he did on the regular (switching bedrooms in the middle of the night), or if this was just a one-time thing that just happened to coincide with the night/early morning during which Emily went missing...

The above is MOO/IMO!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back