Identified! OH - Fayette Co, Paint Creek, Wht/HispMale 16-25, UP4789, scars, tan lines, Nov'81 - Theodore "Teddy" Long

There are now color postmortem photos at the Ohio AG website. The case number is 1983 but it is the 1981 John Doe.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Law-Enforcement/Investigator/Unidentified-Remains/Doe-1983

His hair is red but I believe that is lighting and curly. Very distinctive curls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He really looks familiar, or at least like the " boy next door " the pm is not difficult to look at, if more people saw him surely he would be recognized by someone! imo.

?
The thread heading states Hispanic, but the description and appearance of the uid pm pic. looks white, imo

there are not many missing guys from that era with green eyes. that should be the key to matching him, but as we know, many missing persons back then were either never reported or records were not retained very long.

the green eyes sort of rule out being Hispanic or partially Hispanic (in my book, no science to it) and the olive color skin could be something Mediterranean.

the bikini style bathing suit (from the tanning patterns) and the fact he was found nude are interesting. the UID might have been gay and that might have been one of the factors in his murder. if he was gay, then that might have caused some friction between him and his family so who know, maybe they disowned him and never reported him missing.

I know a couple of Hispanic both men and women with green eyes.. he could also be mixed.

Last edited:
Edward (also has been named as Eduardo Portela) personally still feels very much like the most likely match.

Why of possible interest:

• Portela disappeared Sept. 7 1981; Doe found Nov. 17, 1981 (close time frame)
  • Portela last seen in Dauphin Co., PA (only ~7 hr car drive to Fayette Co., Ohio)
Very similar general facial appearance (as seen in photos provided)

• Portela: 20 years; Doe: 18-22 years old
  • Portela: 5'7", 135 lbs; Doe: 5'5"; 130 lbs
  • Portela: Hispanic; Doe: suspected to be Hispanic or biracial
  • Portela: hazel eyes, curly brown hair; Doe: green eyes, reddish-brown hair (seemingly curly based on postmortem image provided)
  • Both possess seemingly high forehead and wispy mustache.
The tanning pattern described in the Doe Network (a "tanning pattern that the victim bore was indicative of a warmer climate such as California, Mexico or Arizona") could be explained by Edward moving with his family to Harrisburg PA from Cuba in 1980 (probably within a year of his disappearance!). As someone who has had extreme tan lines, I can vouch for these cases by saying they do not disappear quickly on certain types of skin.

my money was on Eduardo that is until I saw the color photo of this UID. its totally like night and day.. and in the color photo the hair does look permed to me. it was the early 1980s many guys permed their hair or wore it in the jerry curl. The second color photo where his hair looks darker there is something in his lips Mouth face and hair that totally remind me of Tim Curry in Rocky Horror.

Last edited:
331DMMA - Leigh Savoie

This guy went missing in 1974 he was 10 his face kind of looks like the UID especially his lips. His hair says sandy the only issue is that it says his eyes are brown.

This guy has the same exact hair except in the photo he has a mustache when our UID does not but the UID could of shaved
US MP Chrono Index

TDWitt.jpg

Name: Timothy Dale Witt
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 08, 1978
Location Last Seen: Englewood, Arapahoe County, Colorado

5137DMMO- Paul Douglas Cappo

He is a little taller but his features are similar

5137DMMO.jpg

Name: Paul Douglas Cappo
Missing Since: June 10, 1980
Location Last Seen: Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri

Physical Description
Date of Birth: December 8, 1951
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 240 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

It's interesting because in all of the photos of the UID the guy looks different. He looks different In The black and white one and in both of the 2 color ones AND in the drawing...
I know that one if the photo seems over exposed which makes his hair appear lighter. I was also thinking many people w brown hair in the sun the hair would lighten like mine. I also remember in my younger years , friends of mine and me putting lemon in our hair to make it lighter. I thought about that with this UID since it also looks like the underside of his hair seemed darker. Just thoughts on this guy. Oh and his eyebrows look kind if tweeted to me also.

I also came across this guy missing since sept from PA. His hair is thick and wavy, eyes are hazel, has thick lips and nose and ears seems to look similar.
2324DMPA - Ryan Jan Kemp
RKemp.jpg
RKemp1.jpg

Name: Ryan Jan Kemp
Missing Since: September 15, 1981
Location Last Seen: Germansville, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania

Physical Description
Date of Birth: April 16, 1951
Race: White
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 - 145 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Brian Kennel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears glasses/contacts, Moustache

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ryan Kemp was last seen having lunch at the King's IGA supermarket in North Whitehall Township, Lehigh County on September 15, 1981. His truck was found several days later in the parking lot of the Buffalo Inn.

He went to Pennsylvania State University for two years but didn't know what he wanted to major in. He worked in process control for New Jersey Zinc Co. for several years until he was laid off in a cutback. When he disappeared, he was attending Lehigh County Community College part-time in preparation for a career in mechanical engineering

This guy went missing in 1980 in CA but has hazel eyes and thick wavy hair thick lips and olive skin. Posting him here also

4842DMCA - Anthony Steven Balthazar

ABalthazar.jpg
ABalthazar1.jpg

Mouse over to enlarge. The image on the left is Balthazar at age 12.

Name: Anthony Steven Balthazar
Missing Since: March 24, 1980
Location Last Seen: Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: August 9, 1956
Race: White.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown/Black
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Olive complexion. Balthazar was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

I have been fixated onthis guy trying to find more info on the case but have not. I did read he had been shot and then stabbed multiple times.

my money was on Eduardo that is until I saw the color photo of this UID. its totally like night and day.. and in the color photo the hair does look permed to me. it was the early 1980s many guys permed their hair or wore it in the jerry curl. The second color photo where his hair looks darker there is something in his lips Mouth face and hair that totally remind me of Tim Curry in Rocky Horror.

I actually called the detective when I was really into this case and they confirmed that Eduardo is not a match to this doe, unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back