OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley was (is) a difficult kid.

I really wish people wouldn't say things like this about Harley. Was he really a difficult kid, or was he just reacting to situations going on in the home? Sometimes it's easy to scapegoat a child when parents are experiencing their own difficulties. Or trying to make excuses for them. I'm not saying that happened in the Dilly household, I'm just saying that Harley could be a normal everyday kid in a difficult family situation. We just don't know yet.

So that was the last time Harley was seen outside of family ?

Thurs., not the Fri. surveillance photo where he is without his backpack ? If that is him.
So many unknowns. Frustrating.
Are there cameras at the places he'd walk by on the way to school ?
Did he stop and talk to someone ?
Another fact that's troublesome is that Harley is pretty little.
Someone could mistake him for a 12 year old . :(

It's all so confusing. It would really help if the Chief would hold a press conference and TALK to MSM and clarify/update the timeline and any other details he can provide that won't compromise the investigation.

I went to this HS and cleaned this HS in the summers many years ago. There is a boiler room and an indoor pool area but they said they did a search. There is a camera system to my knowledge of the hallways for sure but I don't know the extent of their current system. I'm sure he wouldn't avoid detection if he hunkered down there. 14 days seems like a lifetime that he's been undetected. This is not a good sign. I would think they would be checking the marinas. There's a lot of boats that are being stored for the winter. There are too many places this guy could've gotten into. Maybe it's time to let people start looking. If LE isn't getting anywhere with leads, you would think they would encourage some local help. People want to search because they are worried. I get it that LE wants to exhaust all their leads but waiting any longer could mean either they know he's not in town or they know they won't be finding him alive. JMO

Total bummer about the good security at the HS. I was hoping he’s still hiding. Does anyone know if the middle school might have older security, so there may be a chance he could hide there? I know it’s a long shot, but I really want him to be hiding to boost his YouTube ratings or out of anger or whatever, as long as he’s alive, no family is perfect. They just need to get help and start over.

Thurs., not the Fri. surveillance photo where he is without his backpack ? If that is him.

and NOT to sound offensive in ANY WAY, BUT Harley has some Femme features. IF a stranger was going through town and it was dark HE could possibly be mistaken for a SHE in the face.

I have a 2nd cousin like this. He has a lot of Femme features in his face and is skinny as a rail so it's hard to tell I told his Mom (my cousin) that at first I thought it was her standing there till I looked closer. That's how much this boy looks like his Mother.
And me over explaining how I'm not meaning to be offensive, but pointing it out a bit.

the video that we have seen was taken in the Friday morning and it’s inconclusive that it’s Harley.

they have not released the video from Thursday night walking towards home at 7:20

it’s the press conference on the 24th I believe...it’s the one where the sounds cuts out in the beginning

"From what I can gather in msm, he was last seen by someone outside the family at 7pm on Thursday. His mother said he didn’t want to go to school Fri about 7am but she made him. He left on foot. There is grainy surveillance video around that time near the home that police believe may be him."

There is also grainy surveillance video from Friday morning. Again, if we are going to take the friend's father's word of seeing him Thursday evening and a grainy surveillance video, the mother has also given her word on talking with him Friday morning and there is grainy surveillance video. Zero conclusiveness the video Thursday is Harley. It's the same exact circumstance.

F
Early conflicting articles:
According to Chief Hickman, Dilly has not reached out to anyone, and he broke his phone a week before he went missing.
Reward raised for information on a 14-year-old Port Clinton boy who has been missing since Dec. 20

The Dilly youth recently broke his phone, so his family was not concerned about a lack of communication until he did not return the following day.
Search by air, ground continues for missing Port Clinton teen; cash reward doubled

Hickman tells News 5 that police responded to the family's home about a month previous after an argument between Dilly and his parents after they took away an electronic device.
Timeline of what's happened since Harley Dilly went missing

This is the not the first time Harley has left home. At the time of his disappearance, Harley’s phone had been taken away by his parents, which may have upset him.
Ohio Boy, 14, Hasn't Been Seen Since He Left for School a Week Ago

Dilly’s father reported him missing at around midnight on December 21. The teen had recently broken his phone, possibly explaining why his family was not concerned about not hearing from him until hours later.
Harley Dilly: Nationwide search under way as missing teen’s disappearance reaches 7th day
bbm

Wonder why the cops were called ?
Just saying some people handle this privately.
Was Harley yelling ?
Out of control breaking things ?
Did the parents have to restrain him at all ?
Did the sister help to calm him and failed ?
Were the neighbors upset ?

Even with Harley's broken phone I don't know that waiting until Sat. night was the best option.
Might be too much like a controlling helicopter parent, but they could have called around to all of his friends or driven by their homes.
Imo.

“I didn’t see him, I talked to him. There’s a difference. That’s really all we can say, it’s an open investigation and that’s the biggest thing people are not understanding. We can’t share because we don’t want to jeopardize him."
Mother of Harley Dilly pleads for his safe return
SBM.. wait.. what? Shes saying she never saw him? So perhaps she’s claiming he called from the friends house that morning? Either way.. this is new..

"From what I can gather in msm, he was last seen by someone outside the family at 7pm on Thursday. His mother said he didn’t want to go to school Fri about 7am but she made him. He left on foot. There is grainy surveillance video around that time near the home that police believe may be him."

There is also grainy surveillance video from Friday morning. Again, if we are going to take the friend's father's word of seeing him Thursday evening and a grainy surveillance video, the mother has also given her word on talking with him Friday morning and there is grainy surveillance video. Zero conclusiveness the video Thursday is Harley. It's the same exact circumstance.
Actually it isn’t.
Do you see Harley in a maroon puffy jacket on the video still taken Friday morning?

neither do I

The friends father saw him and his mother spoke to him. I would take physical over non physical. if you don't see your child, how do you know what they were wearing for the missing report? That's the one thing that I'm stuck on.

Actually it isn’t.
Do you see Harley in a maroon puffy jacket on the video still taken Friday morning?

neither do I

Yes, I do. So now what? What does your or I opinion matter? LE has stated they believe the video is Harley Friday morning. It is the same exact circumstance, a grainy surveillance video and someone's word. Just because you have made your dislike for the mother clear does not make your assumptions in blaming the victims in this situation and insinuating they are liars any more right or any less against TOS.

SBM.. wait.. what? Shes saying she never saw him? So perhaps she’s claiming he called from the friends house that morning? Either way.. this is new..

she said he came in her room that morning, she talked to him but it was too dark to SEE him and then added a strange comment like that's all she can say right now.

and NOT to sound offensive in ANY WAY, BUT Harley has some Femme features. IF a stranger was going through town and it was dark HE could possibly be mistaken for a SHE in the face.

I have a 2nd cousin like this. He has a lot of Femme features in his face and is skinny as a rail so it's hard to tell I told his Mom (my cousin) that at first I thought it was her standing there till I looked closer. That's how much this boy looks like his Mother.
And me over explaining how I'm not meaning to be offensive, but pointing it out a bit.
And Harley's short and thin for a 14 year old .
Not hard for someone to grab and throw in a vehicle.

The friends father saw him and his mother spoke to him. I would take physical over non physical. if you don't see your child, how do you know what they were wearing for the missing report? That's the one thing that I'm stuck on.
Sorry if I missed the link. Has it been reported that a friends father saw him?

she said he came in her room that morning, she talked to him but it was too dark to SEE him and then added a strange comment like that's all she can say right now.
Sorry if I missed this link, but where was this reported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member