OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to sift through some of his YouTube videos... Seems like LE is already taking some down. Harley also has numerous videos recording himself on his way too school.

"Last night, I did something that I do not regret. I leaked my phone number on livestreams and got called by streamers. I'm gonna leak my number in the title of this video. Now, if you wanna call me, just wait until after it is 2:30 in Ohio.... I'd be glad to talk to you and answer some questions. Don't forget, keep it kid-friendly because I'm only 12. So if you wanna call me, I guess you can call me this morning if you see the video quick enough"

"Yesterday, I had court. I got charged with menacing for scheduling a fight with a kid, showing him what I would do to him, and then selling tickets for the fight, and then telling him that the ticket holders will come after him if he did not go fight and um, I've already had problems with this kid before. It was I believe, November when we last had our problems, yeah November....I'm trying to change my ways"

Livestream of some dude talking to him in multiple videos who he calls his "biggest fan." Asks how old he is, asks to friend him on Facebook, Harley gives him his phone number

I'm hoping LE is aware of all of these?

Do people still think they have to wait 24 or 48 hours to report someone missing? If so, I can accept that better than deliberately waiting so many hours for no reason.

I still don’t understand the delay. The parents did say that it’s not unusual for him to be gone from home for a day after they argued. But just days before Christmas? Did anyone think to call friends to check on him? I just am sad so much time was lost.

Harley’s mom has responded to a couple posts over on the Facebook page. So has his sister.

Last edited:
Trying to sift through some of his YouTube videos... Seems like LE is already taking some down. Harley also has numerous videos recording himself on his way too school.

"Last night, I did something that I do not regret. I leaked my phone number on livestreams and got called by streamers. I'm gonna leak my number in the title of this video. Now, if you wanna call me, just wait until after it is 2:30 in Ohio.... I'd be glad to talk to you and answer some questions. Don't forget, keep it kid-friendly because I'm only 12. So if you wanna call me, I guess you can call me this morning if you see the video quick enough"

"Yesterday, I had court. I got charged with menacing for scheduling a fight with a kid, showing him what I would do to him, and then selling tickets for the fight, and then telling him that the ticket holders will come after him if he did not go fight and um, I've already had problems with this kid before. It was I believe, November when we last had our problems, yeah November....I'm trying to change my ways"

Livestream of some dude talking to him in multiple videos who he calls his "biggest fan." Asks how old he is, asks to friend him on Facebook, Harley gives him his phone number

I'm hoping LE is aware of all of these?
I think all.families should have landlines in the home and therefore children would.not need a phone. After watching the videos he has posted previously just scary what was going through his mind when he left that morni.g
IMO he left with no intention on going to school. Then he either did something or someone has him.

Did he post a video THAT morning? If so, can you post a link?

:eek:

This^^^^ is very frightening. He likely has a stalker or two, given the videos and the leAked phone number. I am very worried about him now. :eek::eek::eek:

After seeing how revealing he was as far as personal information goes via his numerous social media accounts, the scary thing is that someone could have been lurking and stalking him online, someone who never actually communicated with him. Someone who maybe tired of just social media stalking him. It would have been very easy for someone to figure out where he lived and stalk him in real life. Someone could have rolled up to him in a car as he was walking to school and said "oh hey, I'm a fan of your livestreams, jump in!" And sadly I think this boy who was clearly desperate for attention would have jumped right in. And it might be nearly impossible for LE to track down a lurker. I really hope that's not what happened, I'm praying he is found safe and sound as quickly as possible.

After seeing how revealing he was as far as personal information goes via his numerous social media accounts, the scary thing is that someone could have been lurking and stalking him online, someone who never actually communicated with him. Someone who maybe tired of just social media stalking him. It would have been very easy for someone to figure out where he lived and stalk him in real life. Someone could have rolled up to him in a car as he was walking to school and said "oh hey, I'm a fan of your livestreams, jump in!" And sadly I think this boy who was clearly desperate for attention would have jumped right in. And it might be nearly impossible for LE to track down a lurker. I really hope that's not what happened, I'm praying he is found safe and sound as quickly as possible.

Fortunately, law enforcement has access to his phone, which will be key in establishing any communication he had with people online.

Had this occurred under normal circumstances, and without a precipitating event (parents taking his phone), then I’d be way more open to something like that (stalker).

I think he was likely very emotional, and didn’t really have much of a plan, if he had one at all.

My fear is that he wandered off into the woods, and succumbed to exposure. It’s also possible (although probably far less likely) that he accepted a ride from someone who saw him as a victim of opportunity.

At the end of the day he’s a 14 year old kid, and he should have been found by now. That’s more than a little concerning.

His SM account is without a doubt unbelievable for his age. The post on Feb 18, 2019 "Playing Xbox With A Friend" was streamed live. He moves the camera angle in hour 5 when his mom comes home. There are 2 people in the chat. He is taking to someone named James and he notices they are not alone. But before he realizes someone else is in the chat, he moons the camera. This is a 7 plus hour long video. You can hear some interaction between him and his mom after hour 5. He is definitely literally over exposing himself on live SM. When I originally saw this post, it had less than 20 views. It has now grown to over 245. With all the media coverage on this kid and all the posts about his SM, if he didnt have a stalker before all this publicity on this case, when he does come back he is going to be further exposed and at risk. I hope LE has a game plan for this kid and family to protect him. Maybe they should go ahead and take down his videos since he is being blasted on every SM site now. JMO

Five days is a long time to stay with a friend. As a parent I would question a child staying over for 5 days without some contact with their parent. And now with it all over the news, I would hope any parent sheltering this young man would call LE.

We've had very mild weather here in Michigan for the last five days compared to normal but it still gets below freezing at night. Has Ohio been similar? If so, I'm worried about exposure.

I don’t live in Port Clinton but I do live in Ohio about 2 hours away. We’ve had unseasonably warm weather the past week. It’s been 65 degrees some days. However, it does get below freezing at night.

I cannot imagine at that age regularly going off for a night and the parents seeing it as a usual event. And I cannot imagine taking their lifeline - their phone - away, the only means to get them to come back home. This is not normal in MOO. And its not a good sign.

I have taken my teenage sons electronic devices away, including cell phones, multiple times. It’s the best form of punishment for children these days. When I was a teenager my parents took away my phone privileges and grounded me from seeing my friends outside of school. It’s literally the same thing except now the phones are mobile. As a parent of teenagers in this society, you have to find a way to punish your children and make them learn respect. Luckily, I’ve been blessed with two amazing kids that don’t require me to do this very often.

Another thought...if he’s already court-involved he could be genuinely scared about returning to juvenile detention when found and doing his best to stay under the radar. I know those searching for him stated he’s not in trouble, but he’s 14 and doesn’t trust many people in his life. I’m so worried for this kid.

We are all worried and praying for this young man. It's a tough time in most lives, some of us are lucky and grateful we lived through it ! Blessed that my children did as well. Harley we hope that you are safe and warm ! Please give someone you trust a heads-up if you have things to work out !! Things will fall into place and you will see your path forward . We see a lot of evil here and just trying to make sure you get through this OK. JMO

Sorry for yet another random thought: there’s a couple of campgrounds in the area that are heavily used in the summer. My guess is far fewer campers this time of year. However, there are some permanent structures he could be hiding out in, like yurts (sp?) and small cabins.

I would imagine they are aware of the videos by now, but it never hurts to send off a link to the police station in an email. They can’t be everywhere.

1. I don't have a link and I do not know how to send a YouTube link.

2. @Bellicent posted something about a you tube post that morning but there was no link so I'm trying to verify if that is accurate.

3. We don't know if a possible abductor could have possibly made him shut down the youtubes.

4. In my own mind, I believe that all the press conference vagaries by LE are probably because they do know about them and that's why FBI and the Marshalls were called in and why they don't want to make their knowledge known to the public. They need time to trace all the IPs and forensics and may even be watching some suspects. BUT I don't like to make assumptions in a case like this and LE should be notified if there are YouTube videos that were removed. So if someone in this thread has links or if someone has them downloaded, I think they should let LE know due to number 3 above.

Hello all. I don’t comment much but this case is very close to where I grew up. After sifting through e threads and seeing all his various socials, I’m so concerned for him. I wonder if the parents were vigilant in monitoring his socials? But then again kids can be masterminds at hiding things. I think bringing in the fbi and the marshals either means they know way more than we do or they don’t know where to turn to next. I just hope this kid is okay. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2