OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could give a lengthy explanation but I’m very familiar with the dark web and one can google it if they want. And yes, teen boys are all over it.

I spend time volunteering with teens and I'm pretty young still so they think I'm "cool" (lol) and tell me lots of thinks and there was one time we made fun of how adults think teens use the dark web. So I guess that experience stands out to me a lot. MOO, of course

There is a reason schools call home to check on absent students. It’s for the child’s protection as well as to ensure that parents are aware if students are playing hooky (especially for older students in high school). I can absolutely and totally understand missing a call as I work and don’t sit by my phone constantly. Now what I can’t get as a parent is seeing the missed call at some point from the school and not returning the call. Or at least questioning what the heck that call would be about and start to worry. Moo

Especially if later that same day the child doesnt return home!!

as an FYI discord isn't *advertiser censored*, it's a chat program where people can have their own chat server to keep conversations private or join one that's already going. TRUST ME, I have an acct on Discord because I wanted to make sure it was something safe for my son, who is NOW 18. My son is a gamer, BUT they use Discord to organize the groups that are in the game he is playing and they talk as they play. You can also type. Not sure who said Discord was *advertiser censored* but they are mistaken

This is HD’s YouTube video from Black Friday where the person was watching Harley’s live-stream from a NSFW Discord server.

I looked up that server and I can assure you that it does include *advertiser censored* and IMO highly inappropriate for that server to be interested in watching a 14 year old boy playing a video game.

No, not all Discord servers are NSFW but this one certainly was. If you’d like me to send you the link to that server, I’d be happy to do so as it’s against TOS to post it here.

JMO

Last edited:
Harley made some dumb decisions in his videos with what he wore, or didn't wear YES, I will agree. BUT, it's my understanding he had health issues. Could the school have been calling to tell his Mother that he had some type of Medical Emergency at school?? Didn't he have a list of health concerns?? Just wondering because everywhere I have turned recently I have heard different things. I am trying to get the correct information.

I have not seen this information published in MSM. It does seem like the PD's comments about his uncommon bathing/eating habits might be alluding to this, and IMO some other claims made by the family likewise suggest, albeit obliquely, that HD may have had some kinds of developmental or physical delays which I guess you could categorize as "medical issues," but AFAIK there's been no definitive statement made by or in a WS-approved source so (unless I am wrong) we should probably stop bringing this issue up until it's been confirmed by/in such a source.

BUT, I am just trying to say that there could have been other reasons OTHER than saying "Mrs Dilly your son isn't at school today is everything OK?" and yet a phone call went unanswered. A school has MANY reasons to call a parent OTHER than the attendance of a child. Medical issues, Disciplinary issues, Grades, Tests (it was midterms if I understand) and the list goes on and on. Tests (it was midterms if I understand) and the list goes on and on.

I'm not sure where the claim originated that HD might've been having "midterm exams" on 12/20--do you have an MSM source? The way I read it, PCHS's own website states that "second semester" (really a "trimester") exams will be held the week of January 13, 2020. Principal's Message

And perhaps I'm misunderstanding how they conduct exams at this particular school but I do not think it is at all likely (for reasons previously discussed on this thread re: the typically laid-back, celebratory vibe many high schools have on their final day of classes before an extended recess) that any high school without a major sadistic streak would hold midterm exams on THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL BEFORE WINTER BREAK. Based on the school's own official Facebook page, it looks like the ethos in the Port Clinton HS on/around 12/20/19 was (at least in part) much more relaxed/festive than I'd expect to see were most students trying to focus on taking exams. Log In or Sign Up to View

IMO/MOO

Just to touch on the idea of him being contacted on the dark web, hasn't it been established that HD only had a phone and chromebook from school. Surely neither of these devices could have connected to the dark web?

I think it's pretty easy with a vpn and tor browser to connect to anything from most devices these days,I havent tried but I am sure I could get on the "dark web" on my phone,my 20 year old says it's easy enough!

I spend time volunteering with teens and I'm pretty young still so they think I'm "cool" (lol) and tell me lots of thinks and there was one time we made fun of how adults think teens use the dark web. So I guess that experience stands out to me a lot. MOO, of course

When my second son down was 14 he could quite easily be found exploring all sorts of stuff online purely because it was prohibited!,I asked him about it once,he was very sheepish but I told him i just wanted to know how to access it and what I could find there,like could I hire a hitman for instance?(scared the beejesus out of him with that question :D),anyway long story short,yes he had been on it,yes it was easy and not so easily traceable(doable,but takes time),yes I could hire a hitman (WHY MUM??) and no,nothing nefarious,just curiosity on his part.
I guess it depends on the kid.

Last edited:
I could give a lengthy explanation but I’m very familiar with the dark web and one can google it if they want. And yes, teen boys are all over it.
So disturbing. I wonder if he was being groomed,maybe someone from Canada. They do have border security working this. It's like Criminal Minds for real. Ughhhhhhhhh.

Port Clinton Police Department
Good Morning Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• If any searches are planned, please don’t trespass on private property, unless you have permission from the owner. If you should come across something suspicious, please contact our agency at (419) 734-3121.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio Division of Natural Resources
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
Texas EquuSearch
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

That post has a comment stating that the search originally scheduled for this Saturday, and then cancelled, WILL take place as originally scheduled. Weird that the PD's statement didn't mention this, although perhaps they wrote their statement prior to the search being reinstated...

BBM:

As an aside, that sort of constant notification does sound quite excessive.
Is the school forced to do this to ward off helicopter parents?
Good Grief.
I can see where this could easily lead to a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" situation, which would be unfortunate.
Schools should really re-evaluate that practice.

Anyway, to my real question:

If one of your kids headed off to school complaining of feeling sick that morning, would you still let a call from the school go to V/M, or would you pick up?

I honestly don't know many parents who wouldn't be keeping at least half an eye on their phones for a potential distress call under those circumstances.

JMO.

Why are we assuming he even said he was not feeling well?? Because mom said that he did ? I dont believe anything she says.

Just my thought.

Whenever a young person goes missing before holidays (Christmas in this case) it never sits with me well. Heck my son is 24 in a drug treatment program a few hours away and it was his mission to have us come for the holidays to see us and I’m sure get his gifts lol.(we did make the drive and even brought our pup so they could visit too)
So I feel he left to meet someone didn’t plan to be gone long. Or something happened closer to “home” I don’t feel like this is self harm or a runaway. Jmo and all that jazzz
I’m praying for you Harley! Be safe xo

While the odds are against Harley Dilly, no one should ever give up - never throw on the towel. We’ve seen MANY missing children found & RESCUED ALIVE.
it’s always best to invest in the long shot, the payoff is just too great to pass up

I’m really beginning to despise these blanket useless announcements.

snipped by me
Cut.
Paste.
Cut.
Paste.
Cut.
Paste.
Cut.
Paste.

I mean, what's not to love about that?

We need to ask ourselves why LE is releasing NO new information, though.

Only 2 possibilities:
  1. LE knows nothing more than we do.
  2. LE knows things they aren't prepared to make public d/t the nature of the investigation.
I think it's the latter.

I very much want to know why LE stated they think he was headed out to meet someone that morning.

Based on information that's been made public, that conclusion doesn't logically follow.

Which leads me to believe LE does know much more than they're saying.

And no leaks, either...they're managing to keep a tight lid on this investigation.

JMO.

So the Police chief isn't really giving a press conference or statement every day until Harley is found, he's just doing a cut & paste from the previous statements.

I hope that's not because he just has nothing to move the case forward & find Harley. I hope there are lots of wheels turning behind the scenes.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members