OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve wondered about this myself and couldn’t find any answers as to where reward money goes if it’s unclaimed. It would seem to me that there should be laws surrounding this but I’m not sure there are.

I find it unusual that there is a go fund me for reward money in Harleys case. Have we seen that before?

In the case of Jayme Closs 25k was put up by her parents employer and 25k was offered by the FBI. The employer gave their part to Jayme since she saved herself.

I would hope there are laws. Otherwise I could see it causing corruption, not finding people.

Concerning. I don’t think the timing of this is coincidental. I’m now worried

Combined with asking for video surveillance on Thursday evening, I can’t stop thinking that they have no idea when Harley actually went missing. :(

Me thinks you are onto something. Poor kid. This seems to all have been handled very badly.

Concerning.
Combined with asking for video surveillance on Thursday evening, I can’t stop thinking that they have no idea when Harley actually went missing. :(

The request for Thursday night video surveillance is disconcerting.
It indicates that LE's timeline is still pretty nebulous.

Given the Chief's statements that LE's last sighting of him on Friday morning was"between 6 and 7 am" were HD, then the question becomes: Why are they asking the public to check for video footage of him from the night before?

I can only think of a couple of reasons:

LE is no longer as confident as they were that the grainy images are HD
LE wants to know whether HD went somewhere other than home on Thursday night

JMO.

Thank you @KCmetwo for posting the video of Harley .

In the video, Harley says that he will post videos on XBox and also invites others to join him on XBox (he gives his on-screen name for it) and to message him on that platform.

Are these messages on XBox saved somewhere on the computer hard drive? Is there an electronic history of the messages that police can access?

Thank you in advance.

Given the Chief's statements that LE's last sighting of him on Friday morning was"between 6 and 7 am" were HD, then the question becomes: Why are they asking the public to check for video footage of him from the night before?

JMO.

Also could be that they are questioning the account of him leaving the friends at 724p on Friday.

His school attendance in question from earlier that week?

I think school was called off that week one day due to ice / snow. Not sure what day it was.

Also could be that they are questioning the account of him leaving the friends at 724p on Friday.

His school attendance in question from earlier that week?

I think school was called off that week one day due to ice / snow. Not sure what day it was.

IIRC, the Chief mentioned in one of the pressers that school had been cancelled on the Tuesday of that week d/t the weather.

He also mentioned it was 18 degrees outside the morning that HD went missing.
That was in response to a reporter's question re: why LE had changed his status to "endangered missing."

JMO.

I'm still new and nervous to post but here goes it;
In my research into HD I have found a disturbing pattern in OHIO. It very well may happening in all of our states, but so far I've only been researching OHIO. (This is just a bit of what I have so far; I plan on posting more of my research over the weekend) To give you an idea; the day HD went missing (DEC 20th) so did 4 other teen boys. All the same race, all around the same age except one (Daylin Kitchen (11) who I believe is related to Daniel Kitchen...I'm still researching). The map is to show where these boys went missing in relation to one another on that day. There are 9 other days in December that 3 or MORE teen boys went missing. Some more information; Toledo is the 3rd LARGEST hub for human trafficking and is only an hour from the Canadian border by land. I have absolutely NO IDEA if these disappearances are related to HD or vice versa. This is just me putting out there what I see and what I've found hoping we bring these kids home and get them safe. It's all in MOO.

Ethan Banks (14 years old/white) - missing from Lebanon OHIO
Daniel Kitchen (15 years old/white) - missing from Grove City OHIO
Daylin Kitchen (11 years old/white) - missing from Columbus OHIO
Harely Dilly (14 years old/white) - missing from Port Clinton OHIO
Cameron Carey (15 years old/white) - missing from Toledo OHIO
View attachment 225007

Do we know if the other boys were active on social media or gamers?

ALL of these children aside Harley have been located and returned to their homes (or other living situations). Aside the Kitchen boys which is custody / parental situation.
NONE of them relate to Harley's disappearance.

Harley's disappearance has heightened awareness in Ohio and so many are realizing what we at WS already know. Kids go missing at alarming rates. (approx 2,000 per day in the US) This isn't new nor does it necessarily correlate to human trafficking.

The claim that Toledo is the 3rd largest trafficking hub is false. They're listed here as 14th by populous. The city is not a known trafficking hub. Those are all much larger cities.
(https://humantraffickinghotline.org/sites/default/files/100 Most Populous Cities Report.pdf)
EDITED TO ADD: I found where the "3rd largest" came from and it's an article that Toledo is the 3rd largest city within in the state of Ohio for trafficking which is true. But Ohio, as a whole is INCREDIBLY low in human trafficking numbers. It doesn't even make the top 42 states.

I'm not posting this to "argue" but more to look at reality. I could get into a bunch of statistics but abduction and /or luring male teens is incredibly slim in human trafficking. Just over 2,000 minor children in the US are sex trafficking victims.

Around 93% of those are female and very few of those are abducted or lured into trafficking. Most are already run away teens that are estranged from their families and find themselves seeking ways to support themselves and then end up victimized by traffickers.

I'm not saying it couldn't be the case with Harley.
I'm saying it's extremely extremely unlikely.
Great clarification! Thanks for posting.

IIRC, the Chief mentioned in one of the pressers that school had been cancelled on the Tuesday of that week d/t the weather.

He also mentioned it was 18 degrees outside the morning that HD went missing.
That was in response to a reporter's question re: why LE had changed his status to "endangered missing."

JMO.

There was an MSM article in which the school superintendent wouldn’t comment on Harleys attendance Thursday. She just referred to the surveillance “big foot” video. Anyone have that link ? I’d like to read it again and can’t seem to find it.

Many of his videos were posted with him shirtless. I saw another one today that I hadn’t seen before. The very first Harley YouTube I saw, early in his disappearance, - I almost thought it was a young prepubescent girl from the chest view. Reading the thread from that point, I kept picturing that image in my mind. It’s very unsettling. Maybe that’s why I’m having trouble breaking away from knowing his status.

I imagine Harley, like many other kids, wants to emulate the famous YouTubers he follows. So, the videos of him walking to school and complaining about parents makes sense. A huge segment of videos and live streams are people playing games, so those also make sense to me. Why did he make the decision to record himself in the bathtub? I wonder about that. Was it his (totally oblivious) idea? Was he asked to do it by a follower?

Last edited:

JMO.

Or...they want to see if anyone suspicious, i.e. looking for a victim or lurking or behaving strangely, appears in any surveillance.

I admit I need to catch up on this thread so sorry if already mentioned...

But for goodness freaking sake...what is with the sheriff’s offices constant posts about social media and sharing posts that do not even need to be shared? Let it go, y’all are supposed to be professionals. Is your top priority really responding to Facebook BS? The amount of posts in the past few days solely focused on what people online have been saying is ridiculous and unprofessional IMO. I also don't see how the constant posts every time the reward is upped $100 or so is at all helpful.

Post about Harley and cut the BS. Please.

----------------------
Port Clinton Police Department
Chief's Message - Friday, January 10th, 2020

Just a REMINDER;

The Port Clinton Police Department will monitor comments made on this web page and further reserves the right to remove comments that are confrontational, insensitive, obscene, off-topic, or any personal attacks and/or rude in nature.

The Port Clinton Police Department also reserves the right to ban individuals that do not comply with the policies and guidelines of Facebook.

Just a reminder, this is an informational page ONLY and any police bashing, confrontational, insensitive, non-supportive, personal attacks, profanity and/or rude comments about law enforcement and emergency responders will not be tolerated!

Thank you,

Robert J. Hickman
Chief of Police
---------------------------------

Post PCPD shared today:
Port Clinton Police Department

We here at the wharf are not very happy right now. Evidently someone reported to that our attempt to raise money for Harley Dilly’s reward fund is not on the up and up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! After all we try to do for complete strangers this how people act?
We have already presented a check to the PCPD that was more than we had raised at the time of said presentation. Some people have to get a life. The negativity that you spread only hurts people down the road who might need help.
We will continue to accept checks made out to PCPD. Please mail them to myself: Marc Wolfe ... 1574 S HYDE RD .. PORT CLINTON, OH 43452.... also if you want to buy the #hashtag t shirts you can mail a check made out to me at the same address above. T shirts are $25 each, with $20 from each shirt sale goin towards the reward fund. In the memo section of your check please state the size of shirt desired. We here at the wharf will cover all shipping costs. A complete list of names for donations and shirt purchases via check will be posted on FB.
To say we here at the wharf are upset due to someone’s childish act is a understatement. We take this fund raising to heart and I’ve had sleepless nights over this. It’s very upsetting of being accused of this wrong doing.
Please make no further donations via due to the situation at this time.
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE THE SAME BELIEFS AS US.

Last edited:
Praying for you Harley still looking for ya . Pretty headstrong young man. Hope you warm and safe somewhere. Let someone you trust know you are OK. Prayers for TES and SARS and all the LE and searchers. He may not be far from home Just throwing it out there JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member