OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police said they have video of him leaving the friend's house (though never released) If he never came home Thursday night not sure why police/parents would not say that ?

Because if he didnt it would mean more u truths and changing stories from the mum,which is hinky in itself but the chief has also backed them and trotted out what they have told him all along,and berated people for spreading rumours and trashing the parents online. He already looks bad here,as do they,imagine if he admitted now that Harley was never home friday at all!!
This is just an opinion on why the info is sketchy not a personal attack on the parents or the chief,just my own speculative opinion

Good morning. Long time lurker, rare poster.

I had a very far fetched idea pop in my head, but I just can’t shake it. I want to throw it out there, but keep in mind I realize it’s an unlikely scenario.

Someone mentioned that Jayme Closs received part of the reward money for saving herself. I am wondering if it’s possible that Harley is hiding out & will come running out of the woods (so to speak), claiming to have escaped his captor(s) in hopes of claiming some reward money. Not only that...imagine the YT videos he could create & the number of views they would get.

Crazy theory, right?!? I just can’t shake it though.

Here's the latest on the poll:

hat do you believe has happened to Harley?
This poll will close on Jan 22, 2020 at 2:22 AM.
  1. *
    Misadventure / Accident
    9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Suicide
    8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. Runaway / In Hiding
    10 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Foul Play be person(s) known to Harley
    46 vote(s)
    44.7%
  5. Online Predator
    29 vote(s)
    28.2%
  6. Stranger Abduction
    1 vote(s)
    1.0%

sillybilly said:
I set up a poll for you GordianKnot. First time doing so and hope it works as planned. (FYI, have to start a new thread in the main forum (i.e. Missing Discussion), choose More Options and scroll down to the Poll section.)

POLL RE HARLEY'S DISAPPEARANCE

Now, when you have time, you can send me some home-baked chocolate cookies. :D

Here's some virtual chocolate cookies for you! :)

images

Good morning. Long time lurker, rare poster.

I had a very far fetched idea pop in my head, but I just can’t shake it. I want to throw it out there, but keep in mind I realize it’s an unlikely scenario.

Someone mentioned that Jayme Closs received part of the reward money for saving herself. I am wondering if it’s possible that Harley is hiding out & will come running out of the woods (so to speak), claiming to have escaped his captor(s) in hopes of claiming some reward money. Not only that...imagine the YT videos he could create & the number of views they would get.

Crazy theory, right?!? I just can’t shake it though.
not crazy at all in this day and age. with the chief and parents seemingly telling harley to come home they might just think along the same lines. i've been wondering if that's the case then what is the endgame of this? chief driving to pick up harley and bring him home to parents and loving small town? then what? questions about if whole thing was staged? national tv interviews? what happens when people discover they have been had by this kid? sure everyone is glad he is ok but,..

i've been wondering if that's the case then what is the endgame of this? chief driving to pick up harley and bring him home to parents and loving small town? then what? questions about if whole thing was staged? national tv interviews? what happens when people discover they have been had by this kid? sure everyone is glad he is ok but,..

I’m sure, if this were truly the case, he thinks his deception won’t be discovered. And who knows, maybe it wouldn’t. Look at Sherri Papini.

not crazy at all in this day and age. with the chief and parents seemingly telling harley to come home they might just think along the same lines. i've been wondering if that's the case then what is the endgame of this? chief driving to pick up harley and bring him home to parents and loving small town? then what? questions about if whole thing was staged? national tv interviews? what happens when people discover they have been had by this kid? sure everyone is glad he is ok but,..
I, for one, would be THRILLED to know we’ve been had by this kid! MOO

Although I've been all round the mulberry bush on this one, I'm leaning lately towards something close to home that didn't involve gaming, gamers, or the internet.

My head knows statistically and logically that Harley is likely deceased, but my heart refuses to accept it.

Have the police or anyone ever asked anyone to come forward, if if they think it is them in the surveillance photo? I am thinking there can't be that many people out at that time of day and if it was someone else, they would know it could possibly be them.

Have the police or anyone ever asked anyone to come forward, if if they think it is them in the surveillance photo? I am thinking there can't be that many people out at that time of day and if it was someone else, they would know it could possibly be them.
You would think, right? It's happened in other cases, I do believe.

Because if he didnt it would mean more u truths and changing stories from the mum,which is hinky in itself but the chief has also backed them and trotted out what they have told him all along,and berated people for spreading rumours and trashing the parents online. He already looks bad here,as do they,imagine if he admitted now that Harley was never home friday at all!!
This is just an opinion on why the info is sketchy not a personal attack on the parents or the chief,just my own speculative opinion

I think the unexpected behavior on the part of the Chief has been designed to compel confession and disclosure of the location of Harley’s body.

At the same time, it allows certain parties to keep on talking and acting while other members of the community observe, talk to each other, consider what makes sense and what doesn’t seem to make sense, and surface potential evidence for disclosure to investigators (surveillance records, testimony that their experience or knowledge contradicts what certain parties are reporting as true).

That evidence could be crucial if a confession is not forthcoming and police have to try to locate the body and/or build a case without it.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Harley Dilly Update, Saturday, January 11th, 2020

As most know, Harley Dilly was last observed on what we believe to be him on video footage leave his residence in the 500 block of E. 5th Street at 06:08 in the morning, on Friday, December 20th, 2019.

Harley’s path of travel was southbound down the alley towards Magruder Hospital, which is believed to be his normal path of travel due to the video footage we have reviewed for the week, leading up to Harley’s disappearance.

Last edited:
yeah. but how 'bout his mom? that's what he's worried about if this is a prank.
I’d be delighted if this is the outcome because that means Harley is alive. All the rest could sort itself out. I am not trivializing the suggestion and potential repercussions, just so focused on the outcome of a live Harley ATM.

Holding on to that shred of hope!

amateur opinion and speculation

Where is a map to show the areas that already have been searched to prevent searching the same areas over again? The police tell the searchers to stay off private property unless permission is granted. The majority of property in and around Port Clinton is private. Public property would be the roads, alleys, parks sidewalks and property owned by local. state and federal governments.

I have no idea what my theory is here, ftr. There seems to be several viable options, moo.

There are numerous plausible scenarios to explain HD's disappearance..

That's what makes this case one of the more confounding I've followed.

It's like coming to a crossroad, and seeing arrows pointing, "This Way" in every single direction:
  • HD's SM activities, including questionable YT videos.
  • His phone reportedly having been "broken" the week prior to his disappearance.
  • The >40 hour delay in reporting him missing.
  • The history of prior LE calls to the home.
  • Sober Living House right next door.
  • HD allegedly complaining of not feeling well that morning.
  • The grainy image that LE "believes" to be HD taken at 6:08 that morning.
  • LE's request for any video images of HD from Thursday b/t the hours of 3 pm and midnight.
  • LE's statement that there is no evidence of abduction, coupled w/ their decision not to issue an AA.
A logical argument could be made for any of the theories that have been posited on the thread and posted on the thread poll.

I don't envy LE their job here…there are just so many variables, it's hard to know which of them are relevant to his disappearance.

It's like having a 1,000 piece puzzle, and discovering that there are 2,000 puzzle pieces in the box.

JMO.

Dear @cobalt sky,

Thanks for your post - as always - full of great insight!
I've been wondering the same thing. Could he have gone back home? I think that's a legit question. I know they had dogs there, and they say the parents are cooperating. But things have changed since he first went missing. Like the direction he was headed. Doesn't give me a lot of faith in the way this had been handled.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member