Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think homicide based on the activity yesterday.
In my opinion I second this too. From the little info we have from the articles so far, it sounds like he could have possibly been in the wall? They had to cut a wall. I don’t know if that was access to the house or if he was inside the wall. But either way, my opinion is leaning towards homicide as well. Just seems like cutting thru a wall to just gain access into the property would be much, so something is off.

Not sure if mentioned above, Fox 8 also states that an ambulance left the house around 2:30 AM. Would be surprised if they have any initial autopsy/medical examiner information to present already, but who knows.

Update, 6:35 a.m.
Harley Dilly is dead, according to a social media post made by his sister, Ashlyn Dilly.

“R.I.H. Harley Dilly and fly high, confirmed by the PD both out there and here in my town,” she posted.

But others commenting in response to her post questioned whether Harley was actually dead.

“Why would the (police department) lie to another (police department) and induce panic at almost 3 a.m. Kansas time,” she posted in response.

The Register has received other information that supports the information Ashlyn Dilly posted.
Sandusky Register

In recent years, Ohio AG's office has become very conservative in how they release information about suspicious deaths. They did the same with the Rhoden Family/Pike County Massacre - very little information made public about the deaths, even now - 3 yrs later. They even appealed to the Ohio Supreme Court and won the right to keep all final autopsies in Ohio from review by the news media. Assume they feel its important if there's a trial later on, but it's still a controversial decision.

So, the secrecy is standard operating procedure in Ohio these days.

In my opinion I second this too. From the little info we have from the articles so far, it sounds like he could have possibly been in the wall? They had to cut a wall. I don’t know if that was access to the house or if he was inside the wall. But either way, my opinion is leaning towards homicide as well. Just seems like cutting thru a wall to just gain access into the property would be much, so something is off.
Well I apologize, I misread the article. The wall was cut into from the inside so they were def not using that as gaining access.

Officials to update the public on the case of Harley Dilly, 14, who went missing on Dec. 20. Investigators were in a vacant house on Fulton Street for hours Monday.
AG: Harley Dilly has been 'recovered'

Live: Sources say body of missing Harley Dilly has been recovered

Police sources tell the FOX 8 I-Team an ambulance left the home at 2:30 a.m.

Searches planned Tuesday morning for nearby landfills have been called off, according to sources.

Harley was last seen leaving his house on the morning of Dec. 20. He did not make it to school that day.

For the last couple of weeks, Hickman has provided daily updates on Facebook.

Would there be any reason for the length of stay at the property and taking a wall down if poor Harley did this to himself?
I believe the 7+ hours on the scene were more than recovering a body. That was hours of recovering forensic evidence of what occurred in that unoccupied home.
No word on where HD's body was found -- that's a big house, he could have been concealed. Sad story but relieved he's been located.

I'm so heartbroken. This all started for me when I saw his picture. He looks as if you age progressed a picture of my son.

Then I got to know Harley. And feel for him. Care for him.

His videos allowed us to understand a little of who he was. It made this case so much more personal.

So much more painful .

I'm so sorry Harley. :(

My heart sank. And I expected the worst.

I'll be waiting for the press conference.

Been following some and my heart just sank too.

IMO
If he is deceased, I think its possible he fell through the attic by accident as he was trying to hide in that home and injured himself so bad he couldnt save himself.

There was another case where they found a missing lady many years later that had fallen between walls in a home and got stuck. Not that it happened that way, but I do have to wonder if he had somehow fallen in the attic and was injured so much he couldnt move to save himself. If he had fallen through the attic insulation, he may have broken his legs or hit his head with a fatal injury.

So sad to hear the news about this young man. I think the announcement would have included the words "found safe" if he was still alive so unfortunately I dont think he is with us anymore. :(

This is strictly MOO/ SPECULATION. Could it it be possible that the video of Harley the morning of his disappearance was of him going across the street to the house he was found in and he tried to climb down the chimney to get into the house and got stuck and passed?

At first glance I'm having a hard time seeing an easy way to get up to the chimney from ground level, but I don't know the area and what may be behind the house. What a claustrophobic, terrible thought.

This is strictly MOO/ SPECULATION. Could it it be possible that the video of Harley the morning of his disappearance was of him going across the street to the house he was found in and he tried to climb down the chimney to get into the house and got stuck and passed?
it might have been too difficult for harley to get on the roof and then up into the chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley