Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
yikes. the teens- low 20's are pretty cold because it's below freezing. Guess I'm a big baby too.

Yeah, not just you. Every time I turn around I feel I'm buying something new for winter garb that advertises itself as "cozy", "fleece", "toasty", "Primaloft", "Thinsulate", "UGG", etc. Sometimes just thinking about going outside in the cold sends me on a shopping spree. Then one year when I finally felt I'd gotten to a good place, closet-wise, I ate too much and went up a size, lol. Granted I do live in NYC and walk a lot.

Here is the post about a different type of chimney, one that doesn't service a fireplace:

I have to agree with you - don't rely on just one "expert's" opinion. The standards for chimneys now are different to how they were made in the 1800's. We could be talking about a very old chimney set up. I am interested in different points of view, thankx.

After the police report came out it's making sense to me. I do wonder what led them back to that house. I think someone talked, that knew he would be,or could be there. I don't think it's anything malicious,or nefarious. Just a tragic series of unfortunate events,leading up to the perfect storm. Kid/s being stupid kid/s without the ability to see the dangers,or outcome. Then once thing got real, abject fear set in. Untill the pressure was really on.
MOO

What makes more sense ? Also, Maybe the police saw more surveillance which may have led them back to the house. MOO.

After the police report came out it's making sense to me. I do wonder what led them back to that house. I think someone talked, that knew he would be,or could be there. I don't think it's anything malicious,or nefarious. Just a tragic series of unfortunate events,leading up to the perfect storm. Kid/s being stupid kid/s without the ability to see the dangers,or outcome. Then once thing got real, abject fear set in. Untill the pressure was really on.
MOO

I wonder, too. The lock box that sparked their interest was there all the other times they reportedly searched, checking, as they said, all the windows and doors. It was visibly on one of the doors, iirc? I can't imagine it was overlooked. I think they just made a calculation to look in more probable places.

I wonder, too. The lock box that sparked their interest was there all the other times they reportedly searched, checking, as they said, all the windows and doors. It was visibly on one of the doors, iirc? I can't imagine it was overlooked. I think they just made a calculation to look in more probable places.
Also, sorry to say. There may have been an odour which was noticed.

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio teenager who police believe got accidentally trapped in the chimney of a vacant home and who was found dead after a three-week search was not reported missing by his family until nearly two days after they last saw him, according to police records.

More at Teen dead in chimney was missing 2 days before first report

Hey everyone,

Posts (and all responses, and responses to responses ...) based on a non-approved video and blog have been removed. Stick to MSM for the discussion. If I've missed some in the cleanup, please Report and we'll get to them as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Port Clinton Police Department
9 hours ago

Chief's Message, Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020

Friends, please be advised for the upcoming events in regards to Harley J. Dilly, the following ordinance will be strictly enforced;

311.02 SPECIAL EVENTS; PARADES AND ASSEMBLAGES...

More at link...

Port Clinton Police Department

Last edited:
Man, I feel bad for this whole town. Everything I have read in MSM and official groups comment sections is crazy. Some things I can understand because people are hurt over what has happened, but some it just sad to see people trolling and the things they say in such a tragic situation as this. I couldn't imagine saying half the things that are being said there, makes me thankful for this website and the fact that the mods are so strict about the TOS.
I apologize if saying this isn't allowed.

Last edited:
Expert explains chimney design to surmise how Harley Dilly's coat, glasses were on 2nd floor of house He seems to be saying that Harley dropped his coat and glasses into the chimney before entering it. I imagine he wanted less bulk and didn’t want to break his glasses.
JMO

If you google "How to Enter a House via the Chimney Like Santa", you can find a discussion in which the writer suggests sending something down the chimney before your descent to make sure it isn't blocked.

This case is just so tragic and sad. Do I think the parents of HD dropped the ball in raising him? Sure I do but my opinion is just that... an opinion. No matter how much the mom and dad are bashed, it doesn't matter. These parents have already been given a life sentence..... because for the rest of their lives they will have to reflect on these past few weeks and what they could have done differently.

As parents, none of us are perfect and at one time or another we will make mistakes along the way. I just pray that none of us EVER has to endure a pain like this. :(
I have never made thoughtless mistakes that would cost my children their lives

So here I have been trying to understand and visualize how HD would have fit in a chimney that was 9"x 13" well after thinking more about it and researching til' my eyes are crossed I have come up with the actual "brick chimney" on the roof was NOT those dimensions, the flue insert itself that trapped HD was the 9" x 13".

So he had plenty of room to go down the chimney itself from the roof, but when he got to *almost* the 2nd floor he couldn't go any further due to a restrictive 9"x 13"flue stopping him. IMO this poor kiddo hoped by pushing his glasses and jacket out the wall plate, someone might rescue him.

Harley Dilly likely died the day he went missing and within hours after getting stuck in chimney, source says

Snipped from article:

"The "flue" is only 9 inches by 13 inches. He got stuck."

“Over in the chimney Harley’s jacket and glasses were pushed from the chimney through a flue and into a second floor of the home," Hickman said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members