Found Alive OH - Kason & Kyair Thomass - 5-Month-Old Twins - In Stolen Vehicle - *Nalah Jackson Arrested* - Columbus

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1671521150490.png

Authorities in Ohio issued an Amber Alert for twin 5-month-old boys who were abducted on Monday before 10 p.m.

According to Columbus police and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Kasson and Kyair Thomass were left in their seats in a running car while their mother walked into a pizza restaurant.

The woman turned around once inside the store and realized her black four-door 2010 Honda Accord was missing along with her two sons, investigators said.

The twin boys both have brown hair and eyes and were last seen wearing a brown outfit.

The stolen vehicle with Ohio license plates is missing a front bumper and has a dent on “the left rear quarter panel with a torn temp tag on the rear.”

Anyone with information about the location of the twins is asked to call Columbus police at 614-645-4701.

Columbus Police Facebook:

See replies to comment by BD.

I get really upset every time I read about children being left in stolen cars. Almost every single day there is at least one such case in the news. So far the children have located safely, and usually quickly, but I'm so afraid that the day will come when that won't be the case.

Praying that these two baby boys will be found safely.

One baby found, the other still missing. Suspect identified.

The two baby boys, Kasson and Kyair Thomas, are Black with brown eyes and hair. One of the boys was found at the Dayton airport.

According to Dayton Chief of Public Safety and Security Coordinator Mike Etter, the infant was found by a passenger walking in the economy parking lot. He heard a baby crying and found him in a car seat wrapped in a quilt just after 4:30 a.m. The baby was checked out and observed by Butler Township medics until the parents arrived. Police are still canvassing the area for the other infant.

The car, a four-door black 2010 Honda Accord, was also discovered. Originally described with the front bumper ripped off with a dent on the left rear quarter panel, police said it sustained additional damage on the left side with purple paint transfer, as if was in an accident.

Columbus police issued a picture of another woman as a person of interest in the investigation. Nalah Jackson, 24, is 5-feet 7-inches and 159 pounds.

CPD added that the Accord has a torn temporary Ohio registration tag on the rear, and a white bumper sticker on the rear that reads “Westside City Toys.” CPD also said they are looking at area businesses to see which ones have exterior cameras.

Police asked anyone with information regarding the incident to call a Sexual Assault Detective at 614-461-8477. CPD asked anyone who sees the car or the infants to call 911 immediately.

1671543377843.png

Kyair was found in a car seat in the economy parking lot.

Just after 5:40 a.m. Tuesday morning, officials with Ohio AMBER Plan say one of the boys had been located at the Dayton International Airport. Authorities say the found toddler was found in the airport's Economy parking lot in a car seat by a passenger and brought him inside to an airport attendant.

Columbus police say Kyair has been found, while Kason is still missing.

There is a repeat of the press conference at this link:

There is no new information. The baby is still missing and Nalah Jackson is still at large.

The police chief began with a plea to Nalah to take the baby to a safe place -- fire station, hospital, etc. Nalah can even phone the police and they will pick him up, no questions asked. Their only concern right now is getting Kasson back safely.

There have been 60 LE officers working on the case from the beginning. Some were working their 3rd shift and they still didn't want to go home.

The chief said that there was a miscommunication at the executive level that has to be addressed to make sure it doesn't happen again...but she didn't elaborate. It might have something to do with the Amber Alert not going out for 4 hours. The reporters were coming down hard on the police about the delay. The head detective said that they requested an Amber Alert early and one reason for the delay in getting an approval was because the car had just been purchased and didn't have a permanent license. Police called the HP several times stressing the urgency of getting the Alert, and it was finally approved. Reporters were also critical of the police for not having a press conference earlier.

The chief gave a timeline of the work that has been done.

Mother is a Door Dasher and went into the restaurant to pick up an order. Witnesses in the restaurant said that Nalah Jackson was sitting in the restaurant at that time, and when the mom entered she got up and left. Witnesses were able to ID her.

They have video of Nalah dropping the baby off at the airport. Footage from different cameras at the airport is being analyzed. Copies will be released to the public.

Nalah has had several past arrests but they were misdemeanors. One of the reporters said that she had been arrested for child endangerment.

This is from memory -- I didn't take notes -- but there was no breaking news. This is the first press conference in recent memory where all of the questions from the reporters could be heard clearly.

The main emphasis was that they are desperate to find the baby and that is their only concern right now.

So the suspect just dumped the 5 month old baby in a parking lot. The baby could have died from exposure. Maybe this baby she dumped was crying more and suspect couldn’t take it.
I was wondering also why not take both or leave both? Maybe they thought twins would be too obvious and people would be paying attention and she could avoid public suspicion better and blend in more with just one? MOO

What an unexpected case … it’s airport, so there will be video and a lot is being held back … I don’t know enough about temporary car registration to know for sure what this suggests, but is a torn 30 day tag generally suggesting (not necessarily in this case) fake or stolen off another car? Striking that it took hours to get the plate number.

What an unexpected case … it’s airport, so there will be video and a lot is being held back … I don’t know enough about temporary car registration to know for sure what this suggests, but is a torn 30 day tag generally suggesting (not necessarily in this case) fake or stolen off another car? Striking that it took hours to get the plate number.
They mentioned having trouble getting the VIN no. as well. Maybe they had to contact the dealer to get the plate no. and VIN no. I don’t know. I don’t think a torn temporary tag necessarily means it was stolen or fake. IMO.

They mentioned having trouble getting the VIN no. as well. Maybe they had to contact the dealer to get the plate no. and VIN no. I don’t know. I don’t think a torn temporary tag necessarily means it was stolen or fake. IMO.
I think I heard on the local news radio that it was a new car (new to the owner although a used car)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back