OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

Caught this news yesterday, and so glad for DM. Justice for DM and his daughter Katelyn and loved ones.

Newly released police body camera footage shows the moments John Carter, the fiancé of Katelyn Markham, was arrested for her 2011 murder. He has been charged with two counts of felony murder.

HAMILTON, Ohio — Newly released police body cam footage from the Forest Park Police Department shows the fiancé of a murdered Butler County woman being arrested for her 2011 death.

John Carter was arrested Wednesday by the Forest Park Police Department for the murder of Katelyn Markham.

The body cam video shows Carter in handcuffs being patted down by officers before he's put in the back of a police cruiser. A camera inside the police cruiser shows Carter sitting in the back of a cruiser. There is no audio on the video so it is unclear if Carter was saying anything. Carter is then taken out of the cruiser by police.

Watch the full body camera footage here:

Then, in a stunning moment, his attorney announced a plea deal may be imminent.

“After yesterday, I have every reason to believe that we will have a signed plea agreement by the end of the week,” Pagan said.

He cautioned that he wanted to set up a court date for next week to update the court on the progress he plans to try to make with prosecutors.

The case will return to court on Tuesday, April 4, for a pretrial hearing.

• A forensic anthropology report indicates there were three or four sharp, blunt-force trauma wounds to Katelyn’s left wrist bone.
  • The report also indicates her remains were found in a location different than where they originally were dumped.
  • Prosecutors found and have copies of what Gmoser says are writings, some with Carter’s name on them, in a binder found when authorities recently searched his mother’s house where he https://www.fox19.com/2020/11/18/hopefully-we-will-have-justice-who-killed-katelyn-markham-17/was living at the time Katelyn vanished.

Reporter might have gotten this wrong. Might be a fee agreement not a plea agreement.

Then, in a stunning moment, his attorney announced a plea deal may be imminent.

“After yesterday, I have every reason to believe that we will have a signed plea agreement by the end of the week,” Pagan said.

He cautioned that he wanted to set up a court date for next week to update the court on the progress he plans to try to make with prosecutors.

The case will return to court on Tuesday, April 4, for a pretrial hearing.

• A forensic anthropology report indicates there were three or four sharp, blunt-force trauma wounds to Katelyn’s left wrist bone.
  • The report also indicates her remains were found in a location different than where they originally were dumped.
  • Prosecutors found and have copies of what Gmoser says are writings, some with Carter’s name on them, in a binder found when authorities recently searched his mother’s house where he https://www.fox19.com/2020/11/18/hopefully-we-will-have-justice-who-killed-katelyn-markham-17/was living at the time Katelyn vanished.

Reporter might have gotten this wrong. Might be a fee agreement not a plea agreement.
I think they got it wrong too and it was fee agreement. Thats what I thought I heard. ETA it looks like they corrected this article.

They updated the article.

He requested a court date for next week, saying he expected to have a fee agreement in place by then to provide his legal defense.

Carter, 34, will now return to court for a pretrial hearing on Tuesday, April 4

I wonder how long they have had these writings?!! It paints a pretty clear picture. He is certainly a disturbed human

They updated the article.

He requested a court date for next week, saying he expected to have a fee agreement in place by then to provide his legal defense.

Carter, 34, will now return to court for a pretrial hearing on Tuesday, April 4

Wow! Those writings! I wonder why it took over 11 years to get probable cause to search the house. And this guy kept the writings!?!?! That is sick.

According to the anthropology report: There's a set of 3 or 4 sharp force wounds to left wrist.

I am aware that, according to an Allpoetry.com post, it appears the "I sit in my place" writing was from April 2004. Katelyn disappeared in 2011. Her remains were found in 2013.

One of the first cases I ever followed here at WS, and along with Hailey Dunn one of the most frustrating.

The signs were certainly there all along -- very glad that things finally fell into place for an arrest of the obvious POI.

KM's dad and family have been through the wringer. Hopefully they will find some relief in this arrest.

I don't understand why it took so long to arrest Carter but then haven't followed the case for years. moo
Yeah. Over 11 years and all of a sudden, Abracadabra!, we have probable cause. Whoever did that trick should go down to Texas and perform their magic on the Missy Bevers and Elizabeth Barraza cases.

Butler County Prosecutor Michael Gmoser presented part of the autopsy report to a judge Monday during the arraignment of Markham’s fiancé John Carter.

Markham’s left wrist had multiple cut marks that caused “sharp force trauma.” These are not indicated as her cause of death but could be from dismemberment, according to the autopsy report from the University of Indianapolis Archaeology & Forensics Laboratory obtained by our news partners at WCPO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back