OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

Butler County Prosecutor Michael Gmoser presented part of the autopsy report to a judge Monday during the arraignment of Markham’s fiancé John Carter.

Markham’s left wrist had multiple cut marks that caused “sharp force trauma.” These are not indicated as her cause of death but could be from dismemberment, according to the autopsy report from the University of Indianapolis Archaeology & Forensics Laboratory obtained by our news partners at WCPO.
There was a case in San Diego, Elizabeth Sullivan, where she disappeared and her body was found in the bay 2 years later. Her husband had apparently frozen her body and dumped her in the bay 2 years later. He made the claim she ran off and was murdered by someone else 2 years later. (He should have dumped the murder weapon, too, but no accounting for dumb crooks.)

I wonder if Carter kept her body somewhere for a while.

There was a case in San Diego, Elizabeth Sullivan, where she disappeared and her body was found in the bay 2 years later. Her husband had apparently frozen her body and dumped her in the bay 2 years later. He made the claim she ran off and was murdered by someone else 2 years later. (He should have dumped the murder weapon, too, but no accounting for dumb crooks.)

I wonder if Carter kept her body somewhere for a while.
Yes, possibly, I would agree. moo

Linked article:

According to the unsealed indictment, Carter is accused of “purposely” causing Markham’s death “on or about Aug. 13, 2011, through Aug. 14, 2011, in Butler County.”

HAMILTON, Ohio — Newly obtained documents by WCPO detail the autopsy report of Katelyn Markham. Her remains were found in 2013 in a remote, wooded area near a road in Indiana.

Part of the autopsy findings were presented as evidence Monday at the arraignment of John Carter, who was arrested and charged in Markham's death.

Carter, Markham's fiance at the time of her 2011 disappearance pleaded not guilty, and his bond was set at $1 million.

Butler County Prosecutor Michael Gmoser said he presented Markham's autopsy report and other findings to the judge as evidence because there was no other way to talk about weight and sufficiency without the judge knowing what evidence was.

Wow! This was one of the ones that I had lost hope on. Like many of you, I suspected JC, and just couldn't understand why he had not been arrested - it seemed pretty obvious. Regardless, I am really happy for Katelyn and her family to finally get justice!

The fiancé of Katelyn Markham — an Ohio art student who went missing nearly 12 years ago — has been indicted on two counts of murder in her death.

A trial date has been set for John Carter, the man accused of murdering his then-fiancee, Katelyn Markham, in 2011.

Carter, 34, appeared in court Tuesday in street clothes after posting a $1 million surety bond on Monday and being released from the Butler County jail with GPS monitoring.

Carter's trial is set to begin on June 24, 2024. It's expected to last four weeks.

A "Justice for Katelyn" rally was held with the Markham family and friends Saturday at Creekside Park in Fairfield. This is the first gathering since Katelyn Markham's fiance John Carter was charged in March for her 2011 murder.

FAIRFIELD, Ohio — A young tree has grown in Creekside Park in Fairfield, Ohio surrounded by butterfly ornaments, flowers, and a placard reading "resting in the arms of the Father" for several years.

The tree was planted by David Markham in his daughter Katelyn's honor years after her unexplained disappearance and death.

With the trial of John Carter, who’s been charged in the cold case murder of his fiance, Katelyn Markham, scheduled to begin next summer, the victim’s father said he hoped a conviction would close a dark chapter in his life.

With the trial of John Carter, who’s been charged in the cold case murder of his fiancee, Katelyn Markham, scheduled to begin in the summer of 2024, the victim’s father said he hoped a conviction would close a dark chapter in his life.

“That has been a huge and very hard time of my life for 12 years," David Markham told ABC News. "The relief that I think I am going to feel will be so welcomed and grateful."

Carter, who is now 35, reported Katelyn’s disappearance to police in Ohio in 2011. Her remains were found in rural Indiana two years later. Carter's trial is expected to begin next summer, with an opening date scheduled for June 24, 2024.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/fianc-arrested-womans-cold-case-murder-98070906

Wow I can't believe it! Katelyn is one of those cases for me. Been following since the beginning and was obsessed for several years even after they found her body in 2013. I just kept thinking someone would be arrested but then no one was and the years kept rolling by. I admit I check on her less frequently than I use to but I saw a picture of a woman tonight who reminded me of Katelyn and so I google for an update and to my elated surprise see there are arrests! Like most of you I am not the least surprised it was JC!
DM is such a sweet loving dad I am so happy he is finally getting the closure he so deserves and that he and Katelyn will finally have justice! This was one of those cases I lost heart thinking it might never be solved and I am just so happy that isn't the case!

Jonathan Palmerton, left, with defense attorney Kenneth Crehan, was arraigned on a perjury charge in connection to the Katelyn Markham death case Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2023 in front of Judge Jennifer McElfresh in Butler County Common Pleas Court in Hamilton. NICK GRAHAM/STAFF

Jonathan Palmerton is accused of making a false statement ‘under oath or affirmation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back